15-20 30 41.67%
20-30 15 20.83%
30+ 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
id have not wasted money on mount who is shit and put 120m down a big boy. Kane for example.

or if not possible the lad from villa (busy body cant remember his name.mixed race) and then toney as well.
Watkins he’s £#%&!.

This is why we can’t take you seriously.

Kane is the no brainier. We can’t have Kane. Osimhen is next in line; we can’t afford him.

Mount is going to make you look even more stupid than you make yourself look tbh.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:45 PM
wiganste

Tbf, Watkins is decent but Villa are selling him for less than what we've paid for Hojlund.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:48 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
This.

And we’ve still got Martial, the manager rates him and if he gets and stays fit there’s your ‘adequate’ striker capable of 25 goals in all comps.
Capable of getting 25 goals ?

He's 28 this year and hasn't done it once. Scored more than 12 in a season 3 times.

He is a liability. You actually need an alternative striker to actually be fit and ready to play when you need them. He should have been binned years ago.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:51 PM
dunk

He has done it before was the point.

Certainly more capable than Braithwaite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste View Post
Tbf, Watkins is decent but Villa are selling him for less than what we've paid for Hojlund.
Nah, he’s be £80m plus and for that price he’s £#%&!.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:51 PM
silv

Quote:

This is where you lose the room, bringing up Martial.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:52 PM
jem

mount seems like an unnecessary purchase, but I am way happier at the exciting prospect that is hojlund than I would have been about the utter mediocrities that are watkins and my little toney. ffs, if we can't buy one of the... er... two proper world class strikers "available" (even if kane is old and has never done it against us), then hojlund is exactly the kind of player we should be signing.

it would be nice to see him against some good, quick defenders, but what we have seen is pretty £#%&!ing good.

he will certainly score more goals before christmas than toney.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:52 PM
marlo

Quote:
Watkins he’s £#%&!.

This is why we can’t take you seriously.

Kane is the no brainier. We can’t have Kane. Osimhen is next in line; we can’t afford him.

Mount is going to make you look even more stupid than you make yourself look tbh.
Watkins scores more than hojlund this season coming imo.

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:55 PM
wiganste

Quote:

Meant to say aren't selling him for anything less than we paid for Hojlund. You're correct by saying they'd want £80m+

Unread 31-07-2023, 12:57 PM
marlo

I agree with everyone hojlund will be exciting but he also could be a flop.
a big club like united cant hedge our bets on that and not have a reliable other option. especially with martial as the other option atm.

sancho as a false 9 is

our rivals will all score goals and we cant get left behind again.
just for our sake and dwindling reputation we have to challenge this season. and to challenge we need to get better and score more goals.

Unread 31-07-2023, 01:15 PM
wiganste

Quote:
a big club like united cant hedge our bets on that and not have a reliable other option. especially with martial as the other option atm.

sancho as a false 9 is

just for our sake and dwindling reputation we have to challenge this season. and to challenge we need to get better and score more goals.
Left behind again?
Only 2 clubs won trophies last season, the best club side in the world and United. We came 3rd and made another final.

It's all about making progress atm, with a new manager with new ideas trying to get a new style of football played etc.

His target last season would have been to get back into the Champions League - he did that

This season will be similar because we aren't stopping City from winning it again.

The following season will be different and we'd all expect a serious title challenge.

Unread 31-07-2023, 03:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
mount seems like an unnecessary purchase, but I am way happier at the exciting prospect that is hojlund than I would have been about the utter mediocrities that are watkins and my little toney
Well, we should also stay away from Toney for non-footballing reasons.

Unread 31-07-2023, 04:31 PM
browser

As much as I'd rather he left the club, it seems like Greenwood is coming back.

IF he comes back at his previous levels, we won't need another attacker at all.

Unread 31-07-2023, 04:50 PM
silv

Oshimen getting £1m a week in Saudi, so no wonder hes not coming here

Unread 31-07-2023, 05:23 PM
Jethro

Quote:

sancho as a false 9 is

A new signing could be great or a flop and our rivals will score goals.

£#%&! me. Such insight. Master of the game nqat.

Unread 31-07-2023, 05:24 PM
BigJim

Quote:
just for our sake and dwindling reputation
What dwindling reputation is this then?

Unread 31-07-2023, 05:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
As much as I'd rather he left the club, it seems like Greenwood is coming back.

IF he comes back at his previous levels, we won't need another attacker at all.
Leaving aside the morality questions, how long will it take him to get back to his previous level?

Unread 31-07-2023, 05:37 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
A new signing could be great or a flop and our rivals will score goals.

£#%&! me. Such insight. Master of the game nqat.
ok let’s just see

January we revisit the subject and see if we are scrambling around to add goals to the team and see how useful mount has been.

Unread 31-07-2023, 05:40 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Oshimen getting £1m a week in Saudi, so no wonder hes not coming here
They're basically selling their careers which, of course, is their prerogative. SA will never be the place to be, and he'll soon be forgotten as the new Oshimen steps up.

Unread 31-07-2023, 05:57 PM
jem

Quote:
ok let’s just see

January we revisit the subject and see if we are scrambling around to add goals to the team and see how useful mount has been.
mount probably won't even be playing. a front three of rashford-hojlund-greenwood would scare the £#%&! out of any defence in the world.

Unread 31-07-2023, 06:03 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
They're basically selling their careers which, of course, is their prerogative. SA will never be the place to be, and he'll soon be forgotten as the new Oshimen steps up.
Dosh-imen, and can you blame him?