United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2017, 02:45 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
bale and kane would complete us, tbh.

bale and kane sounds like a shit itv detective series.
Where we would play both of those?
Kane and Lukaku up top?

Unread 27-09-2017, 02:45 PM
dragflick

Are people still questioning Kane ffs?

Unread 27-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
It's an utter madness....

For his age he's the best in football....

Unread 27-09-2017, 02:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
This.

Always interested to see how players do outside their comfort zone.

Spurs are geared to him and a good side.

Crazy record though and seems like a grounded lad.
Yeah, it's not that he can't be great, but we live in a culture of giddiness. Where lads who haven't won anything or proven themselves at the highest level are labelled the best in the world etc by certain posters.

Kane has dominated the Prem, albeit without winning it. So has Lukaku. There is a next level.

Unread 27-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I'm not questioning him, as such.

His record is incredible for one so young. England should be building their side around him.

There were doubts he was a one season wonder. He's ended that. Doubts about him in the CL. He's putting that right too.

I'm genuinely interested to see how he kicks on form here....if spurs kick on.....how far they get in the CL....if he moves on.... How important he becomes for England etc.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I'm not questioning him, as such.

His record is incredible for one so young. England should be building their side around him.

There were doubts he was a one season wonder. He's ended that. Doubts about him in the CL. He's putting that right too.

I'm genuinely interested to see how he kicks on form here....if spurs kick on.....how far they get in the CL....if he moves on.... How important he becomes for England etc.

Your missing the point though, he doesn't need to kick on he needs to move on....

He needs to be in a team challenging for the champions league...

He unfortunately cant change his birth place.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No. Just suggesting he still has challenges ahead and things to prove. What with him never having won anything, not performed in an international tournament, taken part in a Champions League knockout match etc.

Same goes for Lukaku tbh. It really is very simple.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's obviously brilliant for Spurs but it would be interesting to see him outside that bubble where he's treated like royalty whatever he does. If he moved to a Madrid and didn't start well or hit a bad patch leading to his fans whistling instead of serenading him regardless, would he be as mentally tough.

Will be interesting to see what he does at the World Cup. He was poor at the Euros last year.
Have you actually met any Spurs fans?

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Have you actually met any Spurs fans?
Yes. One of my best mates is a season ticket holder.

Kane is god.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes. One of my best mates is a season ticket holder.

Kane is god.
So is mine and they're always £#%&!ing moaning.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So is mine and they're always £#%&!ing moaning.
That where you pick it up from?

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
That where you pick it up from?
Yeah pretty much.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
i think i need to bring back my "harry kane being overrated again " post every time he scores.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Your missing the point though, he doesn't need to kick on he needs to move on....

He needs to be in a team challenging for the champions league...

He unfortunately cant change his birth place.
Possibly. Maybe not. Maybe spurs will improve. Either way, we'll learn a lot more about him if he moves to a bigger club. Which is the point me and siders were making, rather than doubting him.

As for England, he can still become an important player and excel, even if the team doesn't. Linekar did. Shearer did. The sides limitations didn't stop them impressing.

Unread 27-09-2017, 03:41 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i think i need to bring back my "harry kane being overrated again " post every time he scores.
Definitely

Unread 27-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Buck

Quote:
Possibly. Maybe not. Maybe spurs will improve. Either way, we'll learn a lot more about him if he moves to a bigger club. Which is the point me and siders were making, rather than doubting him.

As for England, he can still become an important player and excel, even if the team doesn't. Linekar did. Shearer did. The sides limitations didn't stop them impressing.
Why does he have to move to a bigger club? At this moment Spurs are a very good team. The reputation of the club means nothing if they challenging at the moment.

Unread 27-09-2017, 04:12 PM
sa7

Another season like his last two, aligned with a good tally in the Champions League, would put him firmly in the world class bracket for me.

The boy can certainly play

Unread 27-09-2017, 06:15 PM
utd99

He is very very good.

Not sure how Spurs are going to handle this situation given how they’re paying him 100k and his agent could get 300+ and a 150m transfer fee in his sleep. Levy won’t want to shatter their wage structure going into a new stadium and must surely know that if he sells this guy he has about 24 hours to live.

Unread 27-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Why does he have to move to a bigger club? At this moment Spurs are a very good team. The reputation of the club means nothing if they challenging at the moment.
Never said he does

Unread 27-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Buck

Quote:
Never said he does
Quote:
Either way, we'll learn a lot more about him if he moves to a bigger club
May have misrepresented that but I don't think we will learn anything more about him. I doubt he'll improve his scoring rate which is already pretty ridiculous.
Closed Thread