United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2006, 12:40 PM
puressence

Default honest ..i miss the big dutchman upfront

ruud still love the bloke .. wish he was still pulling on his 10 shirt .........

Unread 20-12-2006, 12:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

I fuickin' don't. Totallyimobile by the end, hardly moved, took no part in general play and couldn't stretch defences with pace which crushed space for Rooney to play in. Much prefer the football now. Fast, free-flowing attacking stuff that a total over-raection to a bad result cannot change. You'd think we were good to watch over the last coupla years the way sometalk?

Unread 20-12-2006, 12:47 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I fuickin' don't. Totallyimobile by the end, hardly moved, took no part in general play and couldn't stretch defences with pace which crushed space for Rooney to play in. Much prefer the football now. Fast, free-flowing attacking stuff that a total over-raection to a bad result cannot change. You'd think we were good to watch over the last coupla years the way sometalk?
i just miss the legend ...

Unread 20-12-2006, 12:49 PM
TheNew

This old chestnut again.

Unread 20-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ever so grateful for that one season, otherwise I'm happy he's gone.

He's a slapped arse,

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:12 PM
MUFC One Love

Should have gone two seasons ago, when he wanted out *ahem* "I love the club" blah blah blah.

He's clever at playing the fans.

I'll never see him as a legend, tbh. Just my opinion and how I feel on it. I can't change that even if I tried to convince myself he was a legend.

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i just miss the legend ...
Fine, not a good enough reason to not give Saha a chance though which I suggest is what it is.

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:20 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ever so grateful for that one season, otherwise I'm happy he's gone.

He's a slapped arse,
Seconded.

Legend? My £#%&!ing arse.

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:22 PM
n48

Crafty dutch bastards!

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Should have gone two seasons ago, when he wanted out *ahem* "I love the club" blah blah blah.

He's clever at playing the fans.
How true, towards the end you could get the feeling he was lying.

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

What I find strange is that some believe these 2 things :-

Ruud, who tried to engineer a move away from United for 2 years, is a legend.

Saha, who is desperate to stay and play for us as proven by his signing a new contract, is a @#%&!.

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Lazarus

I miss his pace and mobility. His determination to make every ball,to beat the defender,to run the channels.

I miss his superb character in the dressing room;his closeness with his teamates.

His never say die spirit. The mans head never went down,nothing was beneath him.

I miss the fact he never wanted a move to Spain and only had eyes for Manchester.

Who the £#%&! is going to score the goals without him?

We'll be lucky to finish above Spurs.

Unread 20-12-2006, 01:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I miss his pace and mobility. His determination to make every ball,to beat the defender,to run the channels.

I miss his superb character in the dressing room;his closeness with his teamates.

His never say die spirit. The mans head never went down,nothing was beneath him.

I miss the fact he never wanted a move to Spain and only had eyes for Manchester.

Who the £#%&! is going to score the goals without him?

We'll be lucky to finish above Spurs.

Don't forget Liverpool they're miles better than us!

How the £#%&! will we score ONE goal without Ruud?!

Unread 20-12-2006, 02:19 PM
puressence

i miss his 150 goals in 218 matches .and being flogged to death upfront on his own

Unread 20-12-2006, 02:41 PM
TheNew

Quote:
i miss his 150 goals in 218 matches .and being flogged to death upfront on his own
Well said Pure. Some £#%&!ing ungrateful @#%&!s on here.

Unread 20-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Skag Trendy

He's been quality from the Madrid highlights and matches iv seen.His goal the other week in La Liga when he had his back to goal and turned the boy inside out to score was genius.

Ruud is and always will be a legend in my eyes.

Unread 20-12-2006, 02:45 PM
MUFC One Love

A good way of explaining it is;

Last season we had a spell where we was playing good football without him, creating more chances, scoring more goals etc. Ruud came in for West Ham at home, it was a turgid game, not many chances, boring as £#%&!, we won 1-0, with a Ruud tap in.

What would you rather have?

United > Ruud.

I know who comes first.

Unread 20-12-2006, 02:46 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
United > Ruud.

I know who comes first.
That goes without saying, but showing some respect for someone who did a lot for the club shows a bit more class.

Unread 20-12-2006, 02:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
That goes without saying, but showing some respect for someone who did a lot for the club shows a bit more class.
As I said, I don't see him as a legend and seen right through his "love" the club %@#$&!s to hide his attempts to get out of the club and hide his poor performances. I don't owe him "class" IMO.

Unread 20-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Despite the widespread ignorance regarding his position he has always played upfront on his own. He did so at PSV and at United,until his performances dropped, expressed a desire to play on his own.

Throughout his career a whole host of manager have found it impossible to partner him with anyone - this was particularly true with him and Kluivert,who Ruud fell out with. At United he was partnered with a few and it never really clicked.

Yes,a fantastic goalscorer and no finer sight than him on his game and almost single handedly winning us the title against Arsenal. However,he's a difficult bloke on the pitch and off it.

I find it interesting that you seem to love anyone who isn't actually at United pure..yet those who are often loyal and hardworking earn your scorn.
Closed Thread