United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Whalefish

You have to remember re a striker when we eventually move for one we aren't going to splash out on someone who expects to walk into the starting XI. Huntelaar is young enough to be patient and spend time on the bench - and Saha has already shown that he will take his spot on the bench when required.

It's all well and good getting a carbon copy of Saha (or a fast centre forward) but what happens when that option is working and you need something a bit more subtle?

I'm not even going to waste my time with the £25million man. Unless Gill et al have done a complete u-turn I d#very much doubt he'll be at OT anytime soon.

Unread 20-12-2006, 05:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm not even going to waste my time with the £25million man. Unless Gill et al have done a complete u-turn I d#very much doubt he'll be at OT anytime soon.
I wonder if Rafa might try for him now he's got the dough.

Unread 20-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I wonder if Rafa might try for him now he's got the dough.
Unless I've missed something that takeover hasn't gone through has it?

He may well move for him as there will almost certainly be 1 or 2 big name PR signings. Joaquin is unsettled at Valencia and available for the right fee, he's another Rafa may take a look at.

I'm not going to worry too much though, nothing we can do about their business. If they buy him, they buy him. After all they'll have more cash to spend than Utd. £#%&!, even Pompey have more cash than Utd. We need to address 4 key areas within the team asap. Spending that kind of money on one player isn't going to help and that's before Utd consider who is going to be sold first to finance such deals.

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Unless I've missed something that takeover hasn't gone through has it?
it will though, know someone working on it

the bank don't even ask for any guarantee from him for hundres of millions!

they could dwarf abramovich in terms of spending if they so wished

could be dark times ahead

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:01 PM
S/Side.Red

No it's not happened yet but I saw Guillem Balague (Big mate of Rafa) on the tv the other day and he reckons Benitez has been told it'll happen soon.

They'll probably go back in for Daniel Alves, too. Bastards.

I'd be surprised if Torres wasn't a target if they've got big money.

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Whalefish

Like I said, nothing 'we' can do about it. Not going to worry about it or lose any sleep over it. Simply put we got the wrong owners. If they can avoid it they won't spend. They don't want to.

Any investment in the playing staff - IMO - will be fairly conservative. The Larsson deal pretty much says we haven't got a pot to piss in.

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:28 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
it will though, know someone working on it

the bank don't even ask for any guarantee from him for hundres of millions!

they could dwarf abramovich in terms of spending if they so wished

could be dark times ahead
Are they going to spend as much as Abramovich though? Debts and the stadium will cost them £300 million. I assume they're there to make money so they won't just go chuking away. Abramovich is a special case if you ask me.

Unread 20-12-2006, 06:39 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Are they going to spend as much as Abramovich though? Debts and the stadium will cost them £300 million. I assume they're there to make money so they won't just go chuking away. Abramovich is a special case if you ask me.
DIC are the investment arm of the Dubai government. There worth something like $500 billion!
Closed Thread