United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:06 PM
MUFC One Love

Default This Rooney vicitimising is pathetic.

Don't forget just how good Rooney is and how he's carried us since he's came.

If you want to point the finger, point the finger at that "die hard" £#%&!er of a right back or Giggs who decides to float anywhere and lose our shape.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:08 PM
bad_wolf

i'd rather not point the finger anywhere.

win as a team loose as a team.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Ether

It's pathetic. Pure's thread down there is possibly the most embarassing thing I've seen on here.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:11 PM
bad_wolf

since pure's last thread?

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:16 PM
chorleyred

rooney is no different to any other player!

if he's shit say he's shit.

there's not this reaction to carrick o shea giggs fletcher threads

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
rooney is no different to any other player!

if he's shit say he's shit.

Apparently he has carried Utd for 2 years and this makes him immune to criticism

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If you want to point the finger, point the finger at that "die hard" £#%&!er of a right back or Giggs who decides to float anywhere and lose our shape.
I don't see why we have to point the finger at anyone, but I don't think you can argue that Giggs has been worse than Rooney this season.

Rooney is now worrying me. He was shocking again today, and at times was even guilty of lazy passes - something you would never associate with him.

He seems to have three bad games for every good game this season.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:22 PM
legendary saf

Rooney deserves all the criticism he gets, way too fukin arrogant that kid has become.

Done £#%&! all this season, only scored in 4 games.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Ether

Quote:
That's because Fletcher and O'Shea are shite ffs. Yes Rooney has been average this season, but the way people are going on you'd think he's contributed nothing to the team, and that we should sell him as soon as possible. He's still scored goals and got assists, and if we had a decent squad in the first place he could have a couple of games out and get a kick up the arse.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:34 PM
chorleyred

no difference, if a player isn't performing say so, whoever that player is with whatever reputation he carries.

of course he's a great player, but he's also playing shit, and denying it doesn't suddenly make him great once more.

you're quite happy to have a go at carrick in other threads, seems to me you have double standards

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Ether

Quote:
no difference, if a player isn't performing say so, whoever that player is with whatever reputation he carries.

of course he's a great player, but he's also playing shit, and denying it doesn't suddenly make him great once more.

you're quite happy to have a go at carrick in other threads, seems to me you have double standards
Read my posts, I'm not denying it. I'm saying that blaming him for everything and calling for him to be sold is out of order. Do you get it now?

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:46 PM
chorleyred

where have I said sell him?

others may although I haven't read them on here.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Ether

I didn't say you had. Pure and legendary_saf have been ripping into him on here even though he wasn't our worst player today, and when I popped over to RI it was full of 'Rooney is shit' 'Would you sell Rooney for £20m?' threads.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:51 PM
MUFC One Love

So Ronaldo who finally gets some consistency is now the best ever?

Let's not forget how consistent Rooney has been since he came.

Rooney is a match winner, more than Ronaldo is, put it that way.

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:51 PM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_wolf
i'd rather not point the finger anywhere.

win as a team loose as a team.
Finally some sense .

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:55 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
So Ronaldo who finally gets some consistency is now the best ever?

Let's not forget how consistent Rooney has been since he came.

They are both very good players, both young so consistency is going to be a problem for both for the next couple of years

ronaldo is playing very well, rooney is poor. this will no doubt alter as the season goes on

Unread 17-12-2006, 08:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Well, he should be. He's a forward.

Unread 17-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Riverside

http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer...271632186.html

And Roy Keane is, as usual, absolutely right.

Unread 17-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Tony Spilotro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside
http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer...271632186.html

And Roy Keane is, as usual, absolutely right.

Agreed, theres a comment in rio's book about rooney, he mentions that wazza constantly says hes gonna be a better player than eric and best

The kid has done next to nothing at united so far, sounds to me like he's got his head up his own arse and listens to the english media too often who constantly tell us all how 'world class' he is.

Of our first eleven he's arguably been the worst/most inconsistent player this season for me.

Unread 17-12-2006, 10:47 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spilotro
Agreed, theres a comment in rio's book about rooney, he mentions that wazza constantly says hes gonna be a better player than eric and best
Good, it means he sets his standards high.

Rooney has been poor (by his standards) this season. So what? Ronaldo wasn't playing that well this time last year. Plenty of people back then on RI saying he should have been sold. Probably the same folks who are ripping into Rooney now. @#%&!s.

Fact is, United should not be relying on two 21 year olds to drag us out of the shit every game. We are seriously lacking a proper leader (Keane, Cantona, Bruce, Robson figure), who can galvanise the team when they're playing badly and inspire their team mates to victory.
Closed Thread