United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-06-2012, 09:19 AM
The taste of...

Default Is it about to get even worse

Searched to see if any info on where it was coming from but got a lifeboat anyway

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18644182

Quote:
Leeds United investment from Middle East 'close'
Leeds United Supporters' Trust believes the potential investment in the club could happen next week, with the money coming from the Middle East.

The Championship club, who were bought by Ken Bates in 2011, have granted an exclusivity agreement with one potential investor.

"We think now that the deal is all but done," Supporters' Trust chairman Gary Cooper told BBC Radio Leeds.

"Due diligence is maybe a bit further on than the club suggested."

"I think there are just the formalities now and we should be hearing something sooner rather than later."

The exclusivity period granted allowed the investor to carry out due diligence, with a club statement saying they were "very comfortable" they have the financial resources to support the club.

The Elland Road side confirmed last month that they were in talks over "investment for the long-term future".

Regarding speculation of where the possible money is from, Cooper added he understood, as speculated, it is from the Middle East.

"Well that's been the most concentrated speculation now for the best part of a week and the information we have is that is fairly accurate," he added.

"I'm very confident that Mr Bates has played his part in this deal, I'm sure he's done the best deal he could do for Leeds United and I think the deal is all but done.

"I don't know the ins and outs on the finances but I do know that this does give all Leeds United fans the opportunity to dare to dream."

The Leeds United Supporters' Trust said in a statement in May that it had spoken to two groups who were interested in buying the club.

Bates purchased Leeds, who finished 14th in the Championship last season, following a buy-out from former owners FSF Limited, but fans have voiced concerns over the side's future.

Unread 30-06-2012, 09:28 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down

Unread 30-06-2012, 09:28 AM
rogieop

Not even arsed anymore.

Been said before

"of all the billionaires in the world, we had to get the ones without a pot to piss in"

:shakehead:

Unread 30-06-2012, 09:41 AM
wonky no

ah well

Unread 30-06-2012, 09:58 AM
magic_cantona

I'm just hoping it's Middle East Yorkshire tbh.

Unread 30-06-2012, 10:02 AM
thatsfuctit

they announced they had gone into due diligence on tuesday, Chairman Ken said they had the funds and would pass the legendary fit and proper persons test unlike the other approaches they 'had to endure'

They don't actually own the ground though do they, doesn't some fella off strictly kosher own it?

Unread 30-06-2012, 10:05 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

They don't actually own the ground though do they, doesn't some fella off strictly kosher own it?
Neither do the berties

Unread 30-06-2012, 10:13 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Neither do the berties
true, but we know who owns the berts ground, supposedly even bates doesn't know who owns #@&%! road, which he relayed to a commons select committee.

I can understand why they would be attractive to someone with the money as long as Bates's expectations money wise weren't off the scale

Unread 30-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Tumescent Throb

surely this new trend is perfect for the glazers though? the gravy train just gets faster and faster.

Unread 30-06-2012, 10:30 AM
The taste of...

Fair comment £#%&!ers but what I cant understand is whats the attraction as they cant say that shitole is a presentable PL ground if they get there?
Surely those who play at the Sports Direct Arena are a one team town potential fan base etc

Unread 30-06-2012, 11:11 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Fair comment £#%&!ers but what I cant understand is whats the attraction as they cant say that shitole is a presentable PL ground if they get there?
Surely those who play at the Sports Direct Arena are a one team town potential fan base etc
they have just tarted up the east stand fairly big style, they'd pull 34-36k crowds in the PL, if Bates's price is realistic it's going to be cheaper than buying the equivalent in the PL already, arguably more potential than trying to bank roll a non entity like Reading, Warnock would stand alone as the manager who has secured the most promotions (8 i think) if he does it with them this season.

Unread 30-06-2012, 11:27 PM
red in cumbria

So is the answer - "quite possibly"??

Unread 30-06-2012, 11:31 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So is the answer - "quite possibly"??
what was the question?

Unread 01-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
hope they do buy them so we can get a proper game at OT with real rivals
Yes, i'm sure the atmosphere will be electric

Unread 01-07-2012, 11:37 AM
elephantstone

Dubai royal family, they have more dough than windy miller

Unread 01-07-2012, 12:15 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
how long you been waiting to use that one?

Unread 01-07-2012, 12:15 PM
elephantstone

I have used it loads

Unread 01-07-2012, 12:23 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
But hang on - weren't they supposed to be buying us?

Unread 01-07-2012, 01:25 PM
wonky no

who would want to buy us???

Unread 01-07-2012, 01:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
who would want to buy us???
Somebody who wants to own one of THE great names of world football - rather than some two-bit "nothing" outfit??

Just saying, pol
Closed Thread