United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Zorg

I think it's the right date, time and thread to post the best football video ever:

Unread 26-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I think it's the right date, time and thread to post the best football video ever:

YouTube- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich 1999 Champions League Final

Goosebumps

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Watched it with my Dad.
Same here

I recall a pit of depression settling on our stomachs after Bayern's *incredibly* soft goal (it was never a £#%&!ing free kick either, of course) It really did look as if it just wasn't going to be our night........

Around 85 minutes, Yorke with an open goal had a pure airshot. That was it for my old man - "I've £#%&!ing had enough of this", switched the telly off and stormed out. I sat around sulking for a few minutes, then switched on the radio just to confirm the seemingly inevitable. Instead I was greeted with the raucous shrieks of Alan Green - yes, ALAN GREEN - "AND TEDDY SHERINGHAM HAS SCORED FOR MANCHESTER UNITED!!" Ironic it should be him - my dad had ranted and raved ever since he was signed that he was a total waste of space

Rushed out into the garden to tell him - but he had vanished (he had actually taken the dogs for a walk) Hurried back in and switched on the TV to (so I thought) watch the golden goal period start, at the very moment that Ole scored

He came back about ten minutes later - "Do you want to know the score?" said my mum at the front door. "No" he said - "Are you sure about that??" "Oh go on then, I might as well know....." He didn't actually believe her at first when she said it - until he saw the telly and the Utd players cavorting around the pitch.

Yup, nothing will beat that few minutes, really - or that season as a whole

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:14 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Dueling Banjos

Zorgers, I've seen that vid dozens and dozens of times and it STILL gets my stomach turning somersaults. More so on Teddys goal than Ole's I reckon.

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Zorgers, I've seen that vid dozens and dozens of times and it STILL gets my stomach turning somersaults. More so on Teddys goal than Ole's I reckon.
Agreed.

That was the key goal...the relief mixed with going absolutely £#%&!ing mental was unbeatable. I was still jumping around like a @#%&! when Ole scored so the 2 celebration's kinda blended into one

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Agreed.

That was the key goal...the relief mixed with going absolutely £#%&!ing mental was unbeatable. I was still jumping around like a @#%&! when Ole scored so the 2 celebration's kinda blended into one
Yeah pretty much.

I did a kind of half double-take thinking it was a replay before realising exactly where I was.

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:38 PM
BulgarianSpectator

Drove from Lyon to Barcelona in the morning. Parked at the marina. Had lunch at a restaurant there, got very pissed. Tried to get on the coach, was thrown off for bringing on a bottle of wine. Got a taxi to the ground. Just missed out on a clubbing from a Spanish copper for having the audacity to have a ticket and queue to get in to the ground.

Vaguely remember the match being shit for 85 minutes, and blaming Schmeichel for the BayMunch goal. Didn't want to win it in 90 minutes, the days off and cost of travel justified extra time. £#%&! me, didn't the players milk the "shush" and cheers well after the presentation? How many reds were there in the BayMunch end?

After a long walk back, got the car and drove like someone who was trying not to get arrested for drink-driving before stopping off an hour or so later to sleep.

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:39 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

I was in Year 10

Was in a daze for days leading up to the game. I'd grown up up watching the likes of Milan, Juventus, Ajax and Barcelona win the European Cup and was (still am) absolutely obsessed with. It's the pinnacle of club football imo and I was desperate to see us win...

Watched it at home with family, while a couple of my uncles and their mates went over for it. Even now, our manner of victory seems £#%&!ing ridiculous. That whole season was; not just because of what we won, but the fashion in which it was achieved

Great thread btw, I'm hugely jealous of all those who got to witness it first hand in Barcelona. Only had to wait another nine years before I achieved a life long dream and saw us win it person

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:43 PM
BarryX

I was having my engagement party with the future in-laws, partly pissed off that I didn't risk flying over without a ticket, but in great spirits non the less to have persuaded miss z to become mrs x. Her old man loved my reaction to the goals, I don't think he'd ever seen anything like it in his life. I was literally running round the room, out on the balcony screaming, and swear to God I had a tear rolling my down face at the end

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Sparky***

I actually did have 2 tickets for moscow and had every intention of going.

But then fate, in the shape a 7.5 ton TNT lorry, stepped in.

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:45 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I had one sorted, but then when I went to book flights and hotel just couldn't justify it to myself (well over a grand at that stage)....kids>utd for me.

Unread 26-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

I was there!

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:01 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Gutting

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Withers

Getting all fruit dog watching those.

Should have watched them sober.

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:50 PM
taff

watched it with my dad. remember the pub over the road from our house erupting when ole scored

Unread 26-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Gutting
I know. I had those lovely glossy tickets in my hands and i couldn't go. They were €150 each or something if i remember rightly.

Unread 27-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Tumescent Throb

that season should always stand as a reminder that saying we should do this or we should beat so and so in the run-in is just a load of %@#$&!s

the opposition we saw off in all comps was incredible. yet in the last 20 matches we only won 12, we drew 0-0 a few times, we only scored more than 2 goals a couple of times as well, and Ferguson chopped and changed the side plenty. the league run-in was 4 wins and 4 draws.

Unread 27-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Stickman

All I recall about the day was sitting out the back garden with my dad in the blazing sun around 5pm discussing whether or not we thought wed win.

I had a round of golf that day (was 16 and on study leave I think) and one of my mates predicted Schmeichal to go out with a howler in a 3-1 defeat. 6 mins in i must admit his prediction was the first thing I thought of! I didnt actually think it was a foul on Jancker myself.

when Teddy scored I hesitated before celebrating as Khan and one of the defenders hands shot straight up claiming offside. As soon as the camera panned to Teddy looking back over his shoulder (linesman) and then carrying on I went £#%&!ing daft!

Unread 27-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

YouTube- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich 1999 Champions League Final
£#%&!ing superb video

off to munich in an hour or so, must... not... rub.... german... noses....

taking some kind of 99 top, they'll already be drowning their sorrows after last week before they see me strolling through stadtcentrum with solskjaer on my back
Closed Thread