United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-02-2024, 04:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Can’t believe it.

Grim news for Erik tbh.

Unread 23-02-2024, 04:40 PM
jem

I think, as I am sure do you, that vi means we don't see players getting injured in games. all our injuries have to be reported, as they happen behind closed doors. we are damaging our players.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I think, as I am sure do you, that vi means we don't see players getting injured in games. all our injuries have to be reported, as they happen behind closed doors. we are damaging our players.
It’s %@#$&!s though?

In just the last couple of weeks alone we’ve seen Shaw and Martinez out for long periods with injuries they sustained during a game.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:14 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Can’t believe it.

Grim news for Erik tbh.
Yep. This bald £#%&!er gets no luck at all. First all his hair fell out exposing his mutant double-cranium. Now all these injuries.

Can't catch a break the slap-headed @#%&!.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:15 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
It’s %@#$&!s though?

In just the last couple of weeks alone we’ve seen Shaw and Martinez out for long periods with injuries they sustained during a game.
Maybe on matchdays he only has access to the radio.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:22 PM
jem

Quote:
It’s %@#$&!s though?

your comment is not unreasonable, even if some would say we did not see shaw get injured during a game.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
your comment is not unreasonable, even if some would say we did not see shaw get injured during a game.
It was a bit suspicious the way he was ok at half time but wasn't ok for the second half.

Like something happened to him at half time. Like he injured himself on the toilet or something.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Some would be wrong. He came off in the first half in our last game, and at HT in the previous one. Do you think those were tactical changes?

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:36 PM
croady26

Just when I was thinking the only game he has missed since September was due to illness at Forest

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:50 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
It would be interesting to see the stats on that to see....

if there is validity to the media's claim that overtraining is leading to a lot of injuries.

I personally can't remember a time when so many players were getting injured behind closed doors, but then again, it might just be perception, I would like to know the stats.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:53 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan View Post
It would be interesting to see the stats on that to see....

if there is validity to the media's claim that overtraining is leading to a lot of injuries.

I personally can't remember a time when so many players were getting injured behind closed doors, but then again, it might just be perception, I would like to know the stats.
That’s the problem, we’re currently only permitted to hear them.

Unread 23-02-2024, 05:59 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
That’s the problem, we’re currently only permitted to hear them.
but it's usually reported on where it happened.

Bissaka in training, Hojlund a result of "high intensity training" someone has to be keeping a tally somewhere.

Unread 23-02-2024, 06:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Some would be wrong. He came off in the first half in our last game, and at HT in the previous one. Do you think those were tactical changes?
indeed not. some would say he did not get injured, but was simply unfit to play. we did not see him get injured; we saw him limp off.

Unread 23-02-2024, 06:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:
indeed not. some would say he did not get injured, but was simply unfit to play. we did not see him get injured; we saw him limp off.
But he didn’t limp on, no?

You don’t go from being able to start a Premier League game, to potentially missing the rest of the season, without doing something to yourself on the pitch. You’re being silly.

Unread 23-02-2024, 08:24 PM
Finport Red

Apparently we had the league’s worst injury record in 20/21, and 2nd worst is 21/22.

Erik

Unread 23-02-2024, 08:36 PM
Sparky***

I think it's quite clear that we're paying the price now for going deep in 3 competitions last season with a pretty small squad.

The players showed signs at the end of last season that they were physically struggling given how we limped over the line and our piss poor performance in the FA Cup final.

The season has been one long injury crisis which started before we'd even begun the league campaign. We can't rotate players in key positions because we don't have adequate back ups. We're never 'comfortable' in games which means we can never take key players off with 20 mins to go in order to stop them pushing towards muscle fatigue injuries.

If the manager is organising punishing training sessions behind closed doors that are contributing to these then he needs to take some blame because i've never seen a season like this one for constant injuries.

Unread 23-02-2024, 08:48 PM
Msgr A Brook

Two weeks out isn't the end of the world. Imagine if one of the best players in the squad broke his foot, was out for four months, signed off to play while taking painkillers and then had another five months out with the same injury. Just keep Hojlund away from the medical team and he'll be fine.

Unread 23-02-2024, 08:55 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I think it's quite clear that we're paying the price now for going deep in 3 competitions last season with a pretty small squad.

The players showed signs at the end of last season that they were physically struggling given how we limped over the line and our piss poor performance in the FA Cup final.
stay on this topic: rasmus hojlund?

Unread 23-02-2024, 09:18 PM
Stickman

standard

Unread 23-02-2024, 09:27 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Apparently we had the league’s worst injury record in 20/21, and 2nd worst is 21/22.

Erik
Ok so you believe every rumour to come out from several sources except this one.
Let there be a rumour that rashford and sancho did something and you’ll believe it.

There have been whispers about over training and then the data supports it as it’s not back luck that is causing these injuries and we are not exactly the most high intensity team in games to be getting all these muscle injuries.

We’ve also been having more that the usual behind closed doors games etc

Of course it’s just poor unlucky erik.

Quote:
exactly!