United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2008, 07:08 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
yeah hopefully rooney will be back stood upfront on his own and being very ineffective again.
Or Tevez running in sand and getting dragged off again...

Unread 20-11-2008, 07:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Park brings more to the side than just 'industry'.

debatable imo.

the question has to be asked of when anderson and nani will get runs in the team to develop their football.
they are 20/21 and need to play more than the odd game here and there imo.

Unread 20-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
debatable imo.

the question has to be asked of when anderson and nani will get runs in the team to develop their football.
they are 20/21 and need to play more than the odd game here and there imo.
Park's not taking Anderson's spot. Fletcher and/or Carrick will be.

I'm not that keen on Nani atm but agree he deserves a run in the side. That may see him improve. However some of his performances this season have - I suspect - made it difficult for Fergie to put enough faith in him to give him those games.

I personally don't think away from home vs Villa is the right game for him. I'll be thrilled if he proves me wrong though.

Unread 20-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

As well as his excellent technical ability Park is a seriously good tactical player, hence his uncanny knack of being in the right place

He knows United's game inside out. Maybe he understands Ferguson's Chinese better than most?

Unread 26-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Neon Tiger

Fergie left fuming over injury scare to United superstar Ronaldo

Sir Alex Ferguson's blood will be boiling after pictures emerged of Cristiano Ronaldo with his leg heavily strapped on international duty.

The Manchester United boss is praying his star men steer clear of injuries ahead of their return to Old Trafford next week.

But the images of Ronaldo with an ice pack strapped to his left calf will leave Fergie fuming - and that's before Portugal's crunch World Cup qualifier with Sweden on Saturday.

Portugal bosses have moved to assure fans that the World Player of the Year is not seriously injured but United will be concerned as they chase the Quintuple.

Fergie better be ringing up Queiroz to get the lad subbed should the game be won.

And I think this is Portugal's only game during this round of Internationals from what ive heard, it would be good if Ronaldo got another full week break after hopefully coming through the Sweden game unscathed.

Unread 26-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

that is really concerning

right, what's for tea?

Unread 26-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Grimson

Villa's five-man wall will be relieved. Four fewer bruises.

Unread 26-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Neon Tiger

Looking back on that earlier Nani v Park discussion, well the case for Nani is even stronger now, United have lost a lot of flair and penetration in the final 3rd due to this guy constantly killing our attacks.

Nani is the 3rd the top performing player in the 2010 FIFA World Cup European Qualifiers...

6 goals for United in the cups and some assists, 1 goal in the league and a few assists which is better than Park's goal/assist return despite Nani only starting 4 games in the league this season.

PLAY NANI EVERY WEEK TO GET THE BEST OUF OF HIM, FOR £#%&!S SAKE.

I will be watching Portugal v Sweden with great interest.

Unread 26-03-2009, 05:34 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger
I will be watching Portugal v Sweden with great interest.
because you'll be watching Ronaldos #@&%! bouncing in his shorts no doubt

Unread 26-03-2009, 05:35 PM
armchair

Don't bump old irrelevant threads

Unread 26-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Villa's five-man wall will be relieved. Four fewer bruises.
I was behind the goal on Saturday watching Ronnie line up for another "let's @#%&! some defender right in the %@#$&!s and win a deflected corner" special.

Park unmarked and onside on the right hand side - make to shoot, dink the pass into the Korean funster and watch him miss it from three yards out.

Would have added some variety at least.

We practice different options at free kicks the way we seem to practice beating the first man on most corners.

Unread 28-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Neon Tiger

Rio down as already reported.

Not an injury but Johnny Evans has scored for Norn Iron to put them 2-1 up v Poland.

Unread 28-03-2009, 07:49 PM
gbmufc

Am I missing something here....Villa is Home not away and last I heard it was still scheduled for Sunday

Unread 28-03-2009, 07:52 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Am I missing something here....Villa is Home not away and last I heard it was still scheduled for Sunday
Yes, the date.

Still, the @#%&! should have started a new thread.

Unread 28-03-2009, 08:01 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Yes, the date.

Still, the @#%&! should have started a new thread.
The date! The @#%&!! I put the red wine away just in case I was losing it!

No comment Wigste

Unread 28-03-2009, 08:36 PM
taff

so rooney plays the full 90 minutes of an utterly meaningless friendly but that cretin gerrard gets taken off at half time? what a £#%&!ing surprise

Unread 28-03-2009, 09:08 PM
armchair

Berb chickened out of being up against O'Shea. Another assist for Ireland's Beckenbauer.

Unread 28-03-2009, 09:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Berb chickened out of being up against O'Shea. Another assist for Ireland's Beckenbauer.

Unread 28-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
so rooney plays the full 90 minutes of an utterly meaningless friendly but that cretin gerrard gets taken off at half time? what a £#%&!ing surprise
to be fair rooney has got a nice break coming up, what with his upcoming suspension.
Closed Thread