United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-02-2023, 10:11 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I see the narrative more as he is potentially brilliant but doesn't seem to put the effort in to deliver on that potential. He's not the first, won't be the last.
Was potentially brilliant. He's had years. It's never happened. It's never going to happen. Mainly because he just isn't that good.

Unread 21-02-2023, 10:18 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Was potentially brilliant. He's had years. It's never happened. It's never going to happen. Mainly because he just isn't that good.
The talent is constant, it's the application that has been disappointing. Perhaps being Joel's favourite has made him feel bomb proof.

Unread 21-02-2023, 10:19 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I quite liked his caption competitions.

Unread 22-02-2023, 12:29 PM
GeorgeWickstaff

The arrival of someone who actually makes an effort and puts in a shift has always highlighted what a waste of space Martial was.

it was apparent when Cavani put in a shift.

It is apparent when Weghorst puts in a shift.

The Seville fans had Martial's number in a matter of weeks. Guess what? They did not want him either.

Unread 22-02-2023, 03:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
What would that narrative be?

Because he's a black frenchman? Pogba is. He was shit and a waste of space as well.

If Martial was white, he'd still be getting called out, like our 'captain' Maguire, like The Scottish Player, like dvdb.

Its got £#%&! all to do with race.
The more obvious narrative is the his dislike for Dutch players. Weggy, VDB, malacia . ETH “on watch” after two games…

Sad to see in 2023

Unread 22-02-2023, 04:26 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The more obvious narrative is the his dislike for Dutch players. Weggy, VDB, malacia . ETH “on watch” after two games…

Sad to see in 2023
forcing it now..

I just hope this new tolerant attitude toward players extends to all players.

and also huge lack of quality as a footballer is now made up by effort and effort alone.

Unread 22-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
forcing it now..

I just hope this new tolerant attitude toward players extends to all players.

and also huge lack of quality as a footballer is now made up by effort and effort alone.
Of course not, I judge them on how many of them i can bully. Much easier to do that than actually watch them play and make a rational decision on their ability and application .

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:15 PM
History

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:18 PM
NedKelly

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:20 PM
AK14

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:24 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He didn’t even specify it’s this season’s final. Save him having to say it next year too.

Unread 24-02-2023, 02:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Ofcourse he isn’t. He was never going to be.

We had The Scottish Player, Antony and Martial all out in the last two weeks. I’d put good money on correctly predicting the order in which those three will return.

He’ll make the bench for West Ham. Probably play 20 minutes and then he’ll be missing again for Liverpool.

He’s a pathetic waste of space and another one we can’t shift fast enough.

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

I wonder if he actually is injured right now or ETH is phasing him out and is done with him.

The injury came out of the blue from training. Could be an element of him throwing a strop and ETH not taking any shit .

Sort of how he has handled the slab head situation, quietly we have a new captain and CB partnership with minimal fuss

Unread 24-02-2023, 03:32 PM
saffers

He was always a little cowardly snake. Crying over the 9 shirt being taken by Ibra in 2016 should have sent alarm bells ringing.

£#%&! him. Hope he never plays for us again.

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:04 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
I wonder if he actually is injured right now or ETH is phasing him out and is done with him.

The injury came out of the blue from training. Could be an element of him throwing a strop and ETH not taking any shit .

Sort of how he has handled the slab head situation, quietly we have a new captain and CB partnership with minimal fuss
Martinez has tackled him hasn’t he

Unread 24-02-2023, 04:27 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Martinez has tackled him hasn’t he
I think him turning up for training was what came out of the blue.

Unread 24-02-2023, 09:03 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:

How do you phase someone out with 2 1/2 years of his contract to run?

Unread 24-02-2023, 09:08 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Every time he has an injury, they’re going to have that bit of him removed by surgery. By the time his contract is up, all they will be left is his gloves.

Unread 24-02-2023, 09:10 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
Atleast till the summer to which they can sell him.

Unread 24-02-2023, 09:24 PM
History

I would say give him to Ajax as a thank you, but I presume we do want to maintain a working relationship with them