United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Appletango

Default Re: Berbatov really is a class act!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Berbatov was (arguably still is) a class footballer. I don't understand how anyone could dispute that fact. Especially not such a footballing sage such as yourself Apples.

The sad fact is that he jsut failed to deliver at United. That sucks a fat one but we just have to get on with it.

Forlan also sucked a massive bell when he was at United, now he's winning european trophies for Athletico. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If every transfer worked out perfectly football would be very boring.
I've always said he is a top player but he needs to be sold as its not worked out for him. Even if he scores 30 goals next season he will be deemed a failure as for 30m in your prime you expect instant results.

He was never a 'lone' striker though as Borsuk has said, never in a million years. That is obvious to everyone.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
No, I include yourself in that to, if you weren't arsed you wouldn't keep reading and quoting the thread, would you? and it would fall down the list.
You're not the brightest button are you pal?

I'm interested in what could possibly motivate anybody to trawl through millions of threads in an attempt to try and embarrass somebody but in the process end up embarrassing themselves.

Not arsed about what you/Borsuk thought of Berbles whatsoever.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

hang on hang on, if Berbatov stays and is a success he will still be a failure? wtf is this shit?

he's received praise from his team-mates and from a red legend or two as well for his role as a lone striker in certain games this season btw

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
You're not the brightest button are you pal?

I'm interested in what could possibly motivate anybody to trawl through millions of threads in an attempt to try and embarrass somebody but in the process end up embarrassing themselves.

Not arsed about what you/Borsuk thought of Berbles whatsoever.
Millions of threads. How long did it take me?

Click search button.

Poster Borsuk - Keywords Berbatov. All posts from 1 year-2 years ago.

Brings up 4 pages.

Click in one, see his post.

Quote it.

Are you his bodyguard?

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
hang on hang on, if Berbatov stays and is a success he will still be a failure? wtf is this shit?

he's received praise from his team-mates and from a red legend or two as well for his role as a lone striker in certain games this season btw
Failure was perhaps the wrong word. For our record transfer for a player in his prime you would expect instant results wouldn't you?

That's why its better all round if he goes as it is unlikely he can every win the majority of fans over due to two pretty poor years. He's a top player and could do with a fresh start,

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:21 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Failure was perhaps the wrong word. For our record transfer for a player in his prime you would expect instant results wouldn't you?

That's why its better all round if he goes as it is unlikely he can every win the majority of fans over due to two pretty poor years. He's a top player and could do with a fresh start,
If Berbatov scored 30 goals next year he would win over the support, undoubtedly

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:22 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
If Berbatov scored 30 goals next year he would win over the support, undoubtedly
Well obviously but he won't because

a) he isn't good enough

and

b) he won't be here.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme

a) he isn't good enough

and

b) he won't be here.

He won't be sold.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:24 PM
JakeB

Quote:

a) he isn't good enough

and

b) he won't be here.

I didn't say he would. I was disputing the fact that Appletango seems to think he wouldn't win over the support even with a season like that

"Even if he scores 30 goals next season he will be deemed a failure as for 30m in your prime you expect instant results."

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:26 PM
treme

Quote:
I didn't say he would. I was disputing the fact that Appletango seems to think he wouldn't win over the support even with a season like that

"Even if he scores 30 goals next season he will be deemed a failure as for 30m in your prime you expect instant results."
Which is fair enough imo. Two years is more than enough time to expect results from your useless, lazy, Bulgarian striker.

'The next Cantona' ffs.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Appletango

Quote:

Said failure was perhaps the wrong word. Still won't be classed as a success, two shits seasons for someone who cost us 30m. Not good enough. If he has a good season next season, people won't take to him, will take alot more imo.

That's why he has to go imo.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:27 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Which is fair enough imo. Two years is more than enough time to expect results from your useless, lazy, Bulgarian signing.

The next Cantona ffs.
You really think the OT crowd wouldn't take to him if he scored 30 goals next season? They would, they'd take to anyone who scored 30 goals

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Said failure was perhaps the wrong word. Still won't be classed as a success, two shits seasons for someone who cost us 30m. Not good enough. If he has a good season next season, people won't take to him, will take alot more imo.

That's why he has to go imo.
Trying to stay out of this but if he bangs in 30 goals next year and plays immense all season i'll be more than happy. If he does it for Bayern Munich I wont

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Appletango

Quote:
You really think the OT crowd wouldn't take to him if he scored 30 goals next season? They would, they'd take to anyone who scored 30 goals
He won't so its irrelevant but the point is you expect instant results when forking out that much.

Young players like Nani can be given time, Berbatov can't.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:30 PM
JakeB

Quote:
He won't so its irrelevant but the point is you expect instant results when forking out that much.

Young players like Nani can be given time, Berbatov can't.
I agree with you in that we are right to have expected more from him. I just think the crowd in general would take to him if he scored 30 next year, thats all. Football crowds are very fickle, Adolf Hitler would get his name sung if he kept banging in goals.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

united have been fairly successful since berbatov signed

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Ronaldo?

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:34 PM
treme

Quote:
Yes WE have but he hasn't.

So you are implying he has orchestrated that? Oh £#%&! off.

The year he signed we also had Tevez and Ronaldo in the side.

This year we didn't and we won the Carling Cup.

He has done, pretty much, £#%&! all.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

football is and always will be a team game koppas.

sometimes a top team will have one player in unstoppable form, and when that player is capable of maintaining it right through til the end of the season then that team often scoops the top prizes.

see Messi last season, and Ronaldo the season before as prime examples. Berbatov isn't in that class, but he's hardly alone. United have been a fairly successful team since he signed.

Unread 18-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Appletango

Quote:
football is and always will be a team game koppas.

sometimes a top team will have one player in unstoppable form, and when that player is capable of maintaining it right through til the end of the season then that team often scoops the top prizes.

see Messi last season, and Ronaldo the season before as prime examples. Berbatov isn't in that class, but he's hardly alone. United have been a fairly successful team since he signed.
Yes, because we had Ronaldo and to a lesser extent Tevez. Now he's gone we only really have Rooney as a player who can change a game.
Closed Thread