United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Manchester United 7/5 F (1.40) 10 643568  
Arsenal 2/1 (2.00) 6 44600  
Draw 13/5 (2.60) 1 1100 WIN!

Unread 30-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The sad thing is that i fully expect Woodward to panic before Christmas and sack him.

We've won 5 out of the last 21 games we've played. The money men's arses will start going soon.
Apparently the shirt deal goes down by £30m of we dont make Champions League next season. So yeah, they'll sack him and get somebody else and give him £300m to spend on defenders and left wingers.

Unread 30-09-2019, 10:47 PM
dunk

Can you imagine if we’d spent £75m on Pepe or whatever he’s called? £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 30-09-2019, 10:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Apparently the shirt deal goes down by £30m of we dont make Champions League next season. So yeah, they'll sack him and get somebody else and give him £70m to spend on defenders and left wingers.
Fixed for you pal.

Unread 30-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. Pogba was directing throughout but looked absolutely £#%&!ed last 15-20. Rashford isn’t fit and looks utterly bereft of belief in himself.

So, so much better without Matic and Mata, Lingard worked hard but again, no confidence in himself whatsoever. Ashley Young is the worst player at the club by a £#%&!ing mile and is an unflushable turd; every time we think he’s out of the side some other £#%&!er gets injured and he puts his and up for their role. Can see him ending up in net at some point. @#%&!.

Thought Tuanzebe was superb until that moment. Was it onside? Looked miles off and I was in line with it. VAR is a joke, soon as the flag went up everyone stopped pathetic.

The Scottish Player’s free header only blight on an otherwise colossal performance from the lad.

The referee was absolute toss btw.
Miles onside. But the liner raised his flag before Aubameyang took the shot, right in De Geas eyeline. I know play to the whistle but that was poor from the linesman. They've been told to keep it down till the ball is dead.

Unread 30-09-2019, 10:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Miles onside. But the liner raised his flag before Aubameyang took the shot, right in De Geas eyeline. I know play to the whistle but that was poor from the linesman. They've been told to keep it down till the ball is dead.
That’s what I thought. They all stopped and looked at the limo, or seemed to. Flag went straight up.

Unread 30-09-2019, 10:50 PM
Buck

Dan James is quite a fun player to watch. He's very erratic but in a way I like that. I often see young attacking players freeze and play safe but he always tries to make something happen.

Unread 30-09-2019, 10:51 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I thought De Gea and Maguire stopped when they saw the flag but need to see it back awful by Tuanzebe but he did well apart from that

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:00 PM
AK14

That’s pretty shit.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:02 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
All this.

It might not be a vintage arsenal side, but Aubameyang is a top striker and he barely troubled us apart from a huge mistake.

It was grim at times in the first half but I’ve certainly come out of that a bit more positive than most games this season
100% thought we did alright. We are in a group of teams alongside Arsenal and overall, we deserved the win and rarely were troubled. Mctom scores his header and its all over.

Thought the intent of players was quite positive including Pogba alongside James, axel, etc

We’ve got a decent core of young players that could really establish themselves. We desperately need to get rid of lingard and we should never see young ever again. I’d £#%&! shaw off too the fat @#%&!. Build around the rest and add some really quality and it might just click.

Not down hearted at all. Just don’t expect anything from this season.

Very worried about rashers as he’s having a stinker but ole needs to bench him or play him elsewhere. Not convinced he’s a striker - more an attacking midfielder

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:02 PM
dunk

Maguire looked like he was injured most of the 2nd half btw.

Deffo think Fred’s tenacious energy has a place in the side.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
awful by Tuanzebe
slightly misdirected. not even intercepted, but missed by linde.

Quote:
Deffo think Fred’s tenacious energy has a place in the side.
I don't think I've ever read a more ridiculous phrase.

matic has more tenacious energy than fred.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:06 PM
Big Norm

The Q and A with Keano then was miles better than the match.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
According to five live that’s in Europe. Apparently, the premier league want linesmen to raise their flags as usual but the refs aren’t supposed to blow the whistle. Stupid. Just have it the same as uefa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
If our confidence is that affected by luck then its weak in the first place. We need a break because we can't generate our own confidence.
We know confidence is weak. We’ve had 6 years of mostly shite, a terrible end to last season, the squad is weakened in places this season and there’s numerous unknown quantities within the squad. The squad is hardly going to be confident as it went into the season unsure of which way things would go. Teams in that situation need a good break at opportune times to build that confidence and momentum, rather than bad breaks that will send it spiralling the other way, causing splits and starting the blame game.

Quote:
Every team needs luck, but worse ones need it more.
It’s not so much luck in general. It’s getting the breaks at a key moment or two when you need it.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
slightly misdirected. not even intercepted, but missed by linde.

I don't think I've ever read a more ridiculous phrase.

matic has more tenacious energy than fred.
Matic and energy nevermind tenacity.. audacity is all Matic has, the audacity to call himself a footballer.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Buck

Tuanzebe apart from that one moment was top class imo. Matter of time before he dislodges Lindelof.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:09 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
The Q and A with Keano then was miles better than the match.
Yup. Could watch Keano all day. Loved him laying into Pogba when asked about midfielders these days.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:14 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
That’s what I thought. They all stopped and looked at the limo, or seemed to. Flag went straight up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I thought De Gea and Maguire stopped when they saw the flag but need to see it back awful by Tuanzebe but he did well apart from that
Nope. When the flag goes up Maguire Axel Linderlof all have their back to the assistant linesman so didn’t see the flag. Maguire is in the left back position and Abamayang is nearer the penalty spot. De gear is looking straight at the ball as he runs out. The only one looking at the flag is Young with his arm in the air.

Flag had no effect whatsoever.
This team is not good enough to play around at the back simple as.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Really didn't know that Pogba stat - pretty damning for anybody in his position, never mind one with his supposed talent.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Sparky***

Probably shouldn't have watched that after match interview with Keane. Showing clips of him playing.

£#%&!ing hell. Talk about rub salt into the wounds.

Unread 30-09-2019, 11:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It was well on sadly.

Second half was a better watch but it was still a rather low quality game overall, little individual quality and 2 teams searching for an identity. Draw a fair result for me. Pogba didn't look fit, barely got above strolling pace all game while Pepe looked inferior to their novice on the other side.

2 bang average teams.
Yep.

Pepe looks so far...