United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As mentioned in the other thread, they’ve lost 8 consecutive FA Cup Semi’s it’s ingrained in the club ffs.
Hard to blame the manager TBH. I think he's done a superb job since taking over. I know, I'm a fanboy bitch

Unread 21-04-2018, 08:54 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Hard to blame the manager TBH. I think he's done a superb job since taking over. I know, I'm a fanboy bitch
You are but you’re not far wrong there.

Unread 21-04-2018, 08:59 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
sorry my mistake more trophies in one season at Utd than Spurs as a club have won in the last 29 years..
still wrong

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
still wrong
31?

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:02 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
still wrong
sorry 27yrs......

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
sorry 27yrs......
They won the league cup in ‘99 pal.

Pretty sure they’ve won it since then as well.

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:07 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
They won the league cup in ‘99 pal.

Pretty sure they’ve won it since then as well.
and a league cup in 2009 or something and thats it since 1991..

Unread 21-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
That haven't won a trophy. Finished 5th, 3rd, 2nd and probably 4th this season.

Win % of 55.

Had zero management upheaval. Low pressure and expectation.

Kane, Alli, Eriksson etc...

WOW WOW WOW!

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
As mentioned in the other thread, they’ve lost 8 consecutive FA Cup Semi’s
The most Spurs stat ever

Unread 21-04-2018, 11:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
That haven't won a trophy. Finished 5th, 3rd, 2nd and probably 4th this season.

Win % of 55.

Had zero management upheaval. Low pressure and expectation.

Kane, Alli, Eriksson etc...

WOW WOW WOW!
Beaten to the title by Leicester too

Or was that the season they finished third after being a title race for months

Unread 22-04-2018, 03:12 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Maybe its a fantastic manager in charge of a load of bottlers.

The players were the ones who let him down today, they were the ones who dropped their heads & fell apart again.
Yet when the united players do it, plenty say it’s mourinho’s at fault. It’s almost as if people see what they want.

Unread 22-04-2018, 08:15 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
I like Pochettino too, I like his football but the the reality is that Spurs had a very easy cup draw all the way to the Semi Final - Wimbledon, Newport, Dale and Swansea. We were their first really tough game and they folded

Unread 22-04-2018, 01:35 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I like Pochettino too, I like his football but the the reality is that Spurs had a very easy cup draw all the way to the Semi Final - Wimbledon, Newport, Dale and Swansea. We were their first really tough game and they folded
They drew with Newport and dale enroute aswell

Unread 22-04-2018, 01:53 PM
rubbernecker

Here's some hack throwing one off the wrist all over Pochettino and explaining why he doesn't need to win trophies

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cio-pochettino

Unread 22-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Billy Redface

Kevin Kilbane claiming spurs have had a better season than United too.

Unread 22-04-2018, 05:10 PM
armchair

I don't think their football is all that either. They are good in the first 20 mins of games but after that not so much. And it's not some great way of playing football it's just high energy.

Unread 22-04-2018, 06:50 PM
ScarFace

He's off. The way he was talking about "me or another manager" to take spurs on....he's off to Real probably.

Unread 22-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Sparky***

He's not as great as the media would have you believe, but if you look at that team he's got, its hardly full of world beaters and he's done alright.

That squad has been assembled for a fraction of the cost that the likes of Chelsea and United have spent. I honestly couldn't tell you who plays at full back for them now, i'd probably walk past them in the street.

Unread 22-04-2018, 06:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's not as great as the media would have you believe, but if you look at that team he's got, its hardly full of world beaters and he's done alright.

That squad has been assembled for a fraction of the cost that the likes of Chelsea and United have spent. I honestly couldn't tell you who plays at full back for them now, i'd probably walk past them in the street.
So would Sánchez.

But yes. That's partly why they've been getting the good press that some on here are so resentful of. Also it's fresh and new and a lot of them are English.

Unread 22-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So would Sánchez.

But yes. That's partly why they've been getting the good press that some on here are so resentful of. Also it's fresh and new and a lot of them are English.
Put it this way

vertongen, Delli Alli, Eriksen and Dier combined cost less than Lindelof.

That's pretty good going whichever way you paint it.
Closed Thread