£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan

I turned the TV off when they were 3-0 up on Crystalnacht

Incredible scenes later on
me too

Unread 06-02-2016, 08:17 PM
ScarFace

In a twisted way I hope it was the walk out that affected the players. Maybe the message got across

Unread 06-02-2016, 08:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
In a twisted way I hope it was the walk out that affected the players. Maybe the message got across
ffs

Unread 06-02-2016, 08:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 06-02-2016, 11:18 PM
red in cumbria

Worst fans in football, nqat

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:14 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Anyone who doesn't have admiration for their protest is an absolute gimp.

That is all.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

That is all.
Agreed

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

That is all.
Agree, but they've finally woken up and just came to the party a bit late - well into the tenure of their second bunch of US owners.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:31 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Agree, but they've finally woken up and just came to the party a bit late - well into the tenure of their second bunch of US owners.
That's %@#$&!s, their hardcore was/is every bit as tuned in and mobilised as ours ever was....more so than ours is now. The banners welcoming Hicks and Gillett were the work of the same type of gimp who happily posed for photos with the Glazers back in 2005. A similar stunt to what the scousers pulled yesterday would now be met by utter derision from the overwhelming majority of Old Trafford attendees.

Fair play to them.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
That's %@#$&!s, their hardcore was/is every bit as tuned in and mobilised as ours ever was....more so than ours is now. The banners welcoming Hicks and Gillett were the work of the same type of gimp who happily posed for photos with the Glazers back in 2005. A similar stunt to what the scousers pulled yesterday would now be met by utter derision from the overwhelming majority of Old Trafford attendees.

Fair play to them.
It's a noble intention but not convinced by their method. Missing the first 13 minutes would have more impact. Plus they thought the 77th minute starts at 77:00. Unforgivable.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Never assume. You will overwhelmingly be correct, but on the rare instances you are wrong, look around. Who is it you see standing there? Yep. Alan Alda.
no idea, sorry

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Fair play to them.
I seem to remember Hicks and co being welcomed with open arms and then likewise the gimp from Boston. I don't recall the same welcome being generally extended to the Glazers or an alternative football club being set up in Liverpool.

Agree with your last sentence though - the fact we realised over ten years later that we can't alter a thing plus the changing nature of match going "fans" has sapped any form of protest out of United's home support.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
It's a noble intention but not convinced by their method. Missing the first 13 minutes would have more impact. Plus they thought the 77th minute starts at 77:00. Unforgivable.
No it wouldn't, people walking out together en masse had far more impact than simply turning up late.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
No it wouldn't, people walking out together en masse had far more impact than simply turning up late.
Many would gave started to leave regardless not long after that, at 2-0 up. Same as they do at OT. Ayre doesn't give a shit once they've paid and there's ten minutes left. The Bayern protests looked more impressive to me.

I'd like to see a set of fans do an entire first half, like FC did, but even at that level, with fewer fans, and an anti authority mentality, they couldn't find a consensus.

As I say, a noble intention, but not the best execution.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Plus they thought the 77th minute starts at 77:00. Unforgivable.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Many would gave started to leave regardless not long after that, at 2-0 up. Same as they do at OT. Ayre doesn't give a shit once they've paid and there's ten minutes left. The Bayern protests looked more impressive to me.

I'd like to see a set of fans do an entire first half, like FC did, but even at that level, with fewer fans, and an anti authority mentality, they couldn't find a consensus.

As I say, a noble intention, but not the best execution.
Many people get there late regularly too, I don't see your point.

The protest has received lots of attention everywhere, so it's achieved its aim. Pretty good execution of you ask me and as Carlos says, not something that would have been pulled off at OT

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:47 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Many people get there late regularly too, I don't see your point.

The protest has received lots of attention everywhere, so it's achieved its aim. Pretty good execution of you ask me and as Carlos says, not something that would have been pulled off at OT
Do you think things might have been different if we hadn't won the league for 25 years. The ONLY reason they managed to pull this off is because they are shit.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Do you think things might have been different if we hadn't won the league for 25 years. The ONLY reason they managed to pull this off is because they are shit.
Right, ok.

Unread 07-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
If that was the case, wouldn't Arsenal fans be walking out every week? £100+ tickets and next to £#%&! all to show for it.
Closed Thread