United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Hugh Jardon

Default I just dont get the Anfailed love-in

Apart from Torres and Stevie G they are very £#%&!ing ordinary

With players like Lucas, Dossena, Insua, Aurelio, Skrtel, Babel, Riera they are miles away from the strength of our squad

I just dont see them as a realistic threat on any front

They will probably do well in the Carling Cup and that will be it

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:27 AM
believe

Default Re: I just dont get the Anfailed love-in

I don't understand it on here.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:28 AM
wiganste

No Alonso = no chance of trophies. He made them tick as much as Gerrard & Torres do.

Defensively, they're pretty gash atm, as last night and their league games have proved.

To summarise - they're £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Stickman

Spurs squad on the whole is definately better.

and that in itself needs addressed before they can think about winning league titles.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:31 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Carragher is £#%&!, never rated him at all but now hes lost any sort of pace he had hes £#%&!ed. Hes always relied on the last ditch tackle.

I think City will take their place this season in 3rd/4th

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Mr_Ed

Without Alonso and that argie fella they're very average...

Torries / Gerard can do well against the likes of Hull and others but will be found out against the bigger teams.

Starting with us next month I hope

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:32 AM
armchair

What love-in?

I'm sick of these straw-man threads.

What next?

I don't know why everyone thinks Scholes is a great tackler?

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Smeggs

on here any repect they get is mainly driven by fear. think 2005 and last year's run in. i'm too superstitious to make any predictions, i just hate the @#%&!s too much.

a comprehensive win for chelsea on sunday could leave them seriously damaged.

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Hugh Jardon

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
What love-in?

I'm stick of these straw-man threads.

What next?

I don't know why everyone thinks Scholes is a great tackler?
I dont mean on here obviously

I mean in the press generally and on MOTD although Messrs Hansen and Lawrenson will have something to do with that

On Talksport they seemed so surprised that Liverpool got beat last night but why? Their team is very very average

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Father Christmas

My favourites are the fans and pundits who believe that Liverpool have had the best players for years and who are genuinely baffled as to why they haven't won the PL.

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
on here any respect they get is mainly driven by fear. think 2005 and last year's run in
Correct.

They are a pretty average side with 2 or 3 top drawer players who make the difference for them every now & then.
...but because of who they are we'll always 'fear' them..always worry when they hit a bit of form.
I'll be amazed if the win the League under Benitez - they only did well last season because we gave them a sniff & because Chelsea & Arsenal were so poor.
When they went top & Benitez had his 'rant' we reeled them in & made them look stupid.

I hope they don't get out of their Champions League group, but you just know they'll sneak it.

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Crixus00

i agree with the OP

Unread 30-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Fatifudge

I will NEVER see them £#%&!ers will never win the league in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....well i am 103!!!

Unread 30-09-2009, 02:58 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatifudge
I will NEVER see them £#%&!ers will never win the league in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....well i am 103!!!
I've tried babblefish and that doesn't have a clue either

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Sparky***

They'll always have a chance of winning games because Torres and Gerrard are both capable of producing goals from nothing.

That purple patch they hit during the last 3 months of last season was based around getting the ball from back to front as quickly as possible and then pressing aggressively. Not exactly a tactical masterstroke but it won them a hell of a lot of games. Those tactics work wonderfully when you're getting the luck and the opposition get a man sent off every other game, but it's easily defended against if your defenders are halfway competent.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:05 PM
carlosartorial

Erm, I £#%&!ing hate them and everything but they are a decent side.

Top 4 finishes for the last however many years but not quite good enough to win it....same as Arsenal.

Some of you need to recall the coverage United used to get during that 26 year wait when we were never good enough to win it*, yet we were still a big club and could still beat anyone on our day.....which is where Liverpool are at in 2009.

*For Steven Gerrard read Bryan Robson.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:07 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Erm, I £#%&!ing hate them and everything but they are a decent side.

Top 4 finishes for the last however many years but not quite good enough to win it....same as Arsenal.

Some of you need to recall the coverage United used to get during that 26 year wait when we were never good enough to win it*, yet we were still a big club and could still beat anyone on our day.....which is where Liverpool are at in 2009.

*For Steven Gerrard read Bryan Robson.
If only he had the same injury record....

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:11 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
If only he had the same injury record....
Hehe.

I don't get this idea of a media love-in though tbh. Especially as Hansen and Lawrensen have always been more and generous in their praise for United over the years. Big clubs get more coverage than small clubs, it's like when Liverpool fans used to refer to the Mirror as the 'Daily Manc' just because they couldn't accept that despite not winning as much as them United were still excellent 'box-office'.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Hehe.

I don't get this idea of a media love-in though tbh. Especially as Hansen and Lawrensen have always been more and generous in their praise for United over the years. Big clubs get more coverage than small clubs, it's like when Liverpool fans used to refer to the Mirror as the 'Daily Manc' just because they couldn't accept that despite not winning as much as them United were still excellent 'box-office'.
souness, lawrenson and hansen have always been ok as pundits imho. They all admire us.

Andy "you beaaaaauutttaay" gray, jamie 'my cousin frankie and my mate steve' redknapp and keys are 10x £#%&!ing worse. They all have massive hard-ons for Gerrard and Torres.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
i've tried babblefish and that doesn't have a clue either
Closed Thread