United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Do you support the same team as your old man!?
Yes - my Dad's a red and therfore I am. 49 83.05%
My old man said be a City fan, and I said %@#$&!s you're a @#%&!! 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:47 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Re: My old man, said "be a City fan" But did he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'm taking my youngest to his first game on Saturday. He's very excited.
How old is he, scholes jnr has been to 4 games now, would go every week if he could

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Ahem

My dad's a Red and so are all my family. To summerise if you were to cut me, would I not bleed red?

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:49 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
How old is he, scholes jnr has been to 4 games now, would go every week if he could

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:50 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Same age as scholes jnrs first game, I'll never forget taking him up the stairs to our seat and he was shaking with excitement, a moment I'll always remember

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:52 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs up Re: My old man, said "be a City fan" But did he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I've still got my ST sat next to my Dad.
same here - think the only time that will change is when he's too old to go and i have a junior red to take (so not for a while yet on both accounts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wum Tastic
Me to, plus he still gets the pints in before the game
tight bastard! i'm currently paying my dad back for all the times he's taken me and bought my beer! he gets to my place on a midweek game, gets fed and watered, and then his beer bought for him in the pub. he might tell a different story about the beer being bought for him but nothing beats going the game with your old man

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Jack Duckworth

my dad and all of my family are reds, apart from one bitter cousin.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:54 AM
MUFC One Love

My Dad and all his family are reds. I sometimes find it weird when I hear about a red who's Dad was a blue/supported someone else. My Dad got me into it all just like it is with a lot of families.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:54 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
wheres the my dad was a shit red a shit man and a shit dad and i found my love and dedication to united through myself, option?
This isn't Jeremy Kyle mate.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
My Dad and all his family are reds. I sometimes find it weird when I hear about a red who's Dad was a blue/supported someone else. My Dad got me into it all just like it is with a lot of families.
can you imagine how gutted you'd be if your son supported anyone other than united? if my son ends up supporting city or liverpool, he can £#%&! off and find somewhere else to live. and you can print that.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:59 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
can you imagine how gutted you'd be if your son supported anyone other than united? if my son ends up supporting city or liverpool, he can £#%&! off and find somewhere else to live. and you can print that.
I know, that's something I always think. When I have kids, especially if it's a lad and he supports someone else I will be genuinely £#%&!ing gutted.

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Crumps

Dad's a red. Mam and brother are bitters.

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Spiffy

All my family are blues. My dad signd me up as a "Junior Blue" and got me a season ticket at Maine Road when I was a young kid. I didn't get on with my brother who was a blue and I preferred tomato sauce to brown sauce so I decided to become a United fan. I used to get dragged to games and cheer for the opposition. Naturally my dad didn't renew my season ticket.

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
This isn't Jeremy Kyle mate.
obviously not im not stupid

i just copied and pasted from my email to dear deidre

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Wum Tastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
tight bastard! i'm currently paying my dad back for all the times he's taken me and bought my beer! he gets to my place on a midweek game, gets fed and watered, and then his beer bought for him in the pub. he might tell a different story about the beer being bought for him but nothing beats going the game with your old man
I get dinner bought for me on mid-week games aswell Though it came as a bit of shock a few years ago when i had to start paying for my own season ticket!

Unread 30-09-2009, 02:07 PM
no fun

my dad was a season ticket holder at city

we moved from hulme to the garden city when i was 4

all the lads on my road were united, threatened to batter me if i supported city

as i am a coward, the rest is history

my 3 lads are reds

Unread 30-09-2009, 02:09 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Curious about this one, it's only a song, but sparked from Mr Ed's thread - how many of us support a different team to our Fathers?

Dad's a red Salford born and bread, therefore I'm a red.

Story's please...
snap.

Unread 30-09-2009, 02:28 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

My Dads the youngest of 10 Brothers and 2 sisters. All are Reds except Uncle #@&%!head[Alan] Who says he's a Liverpool Fan just to piss off the rest.
My Mums Dad was Polish and came over hear to fight for the British army during the war. He watched us when we were at home and when we were away, if Bolton had a game at home he would go and watch them.
He gave my uncle Paul the option of who he wanted to support so he became a Red and they £#%&!ed Bolton off.
I still have my S.T at the game with my Dad, Uncle Paul and Corrigan.

Unread 30-09-2009, 02:52 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
obviously not im not stupid

i just copied and pasted from my email to dear deidre

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Firswood Red

Dad's Irish, came here in the 60's, the reason he picked Manchester was United.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:43 PM
naes_sean

luckily, I didn't have a choice.
Closed Thread