United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2009, 10:52 AM
armchair

Default Re: Team v Wolfsburg - The Official Thread

Bit worried about complacency with these £#%&!ers. They're no mugs. They score a lot of goals but concede plenty too.

Roon and Berbs up top.

Fletch. Scholes depending on his fitness schedule. If not then Ando. Nani and Valencia out wide.

A back four.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Bit worried about complacency with these £#%&!ers. They're no mugs. They score a lot of goals but concede plenty too.

Roon and Berbs up top.

Fletch. Scholes depending on his fitness schedule. If not then Ando. Nani and Valencia out wide.

A back four.
Be surprised to see Scholes start after 80 minutes on satdee.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Hmmmm? has he said that, always think he looks better, Satdee aside, on the other side?
Don't think he has, but in my desperately uneducated view, he always looks a lot more fluid on the right where he doesn't seem to stop, shuffle inside or scuff his crosses so much.

God I hope we play 4-4-2.

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Don't think he has, but in my desperately uneducated view, he always looks a lot more fluid on the right where he doesn't seem to stop, shuffle inside or scuff his crosses so much.

God I hope we play 4-4-2.
Fair enough, think he looks better when he has the option of cutting inside, mind I'd rather he made better decisions.

Gotta play 2 up tonight, please.

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:38 PM
dunk

Foster
O'Shea
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Rooney
Berbatov
Nani

Not necessarily in that order.

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Foster

Evra
Vidic
Rio
Wes

Valencia
Fletcher
Anderson
Nani (last chance Saloon or thereabouts)

Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Foster

Evra
Vidic
Rio
Wes

Valencia
Fletcher
Anderson
Nani (last chance Saloon or thereabouts)

Rooney
Berbatov
Are you going to have him shot?

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up Re: Team v Wolfsburg - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Foster
O'Shea
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Rooney
Berbatov
Nani

Not necessarily in that order.
Very assured in a game you were terrified of for him at stoke.

Unread 30-09-2009, 12:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
He did well, but that was more down to the performance of the outfield players and the fact we prevented Stoke from putting balls into the box from wide areas. Practically nothing went across the goal, everything was coming into the area from deep, right down his throat. He was very rarely challenged either.

Still, he did what he had to. I still shit myself whenever the ball goes anywhere near him though.

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:03 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Are you going to have him shot?
Unfortunately, No.

But, he has to start putting in solid, consistent performances.
He needs to get his head up & think about what's going on around him...he also needs to work on his delivery because it's pretty hit & miss to say the least.

No excuses for the lad. Ronaldo's gone, he's in his third year at the Club, the only 'competition' he has for his spot is Park or Giggsy (who will very rarely be considered for a LW start.
He needs to really step it up.

Unread 30-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Coracao

Difficult one to select for this...

.........................Foster

Brown.......Rio.........Vidic........Evra

Valencia...Anderson..Fletcher...Giggs

...........Berbatov....Rooney

Wouldn't be surprised to see Evans in for either Rio or Vidic and Carrick in for Fletcher.

Wes needs games, he was blowing out of his arse at the of last weeks cup game, so i'd start him tonight.

Unread 30-09-2009, 02:18 PM
borsuk

foster
o'shea - rio/evans - vidic - evra
valencia - fletcher - scholes - giggs
berbatov - rooney

i'd be happy with anderson in there in place of either scholes or giggs as well.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Sloppy

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:20 PM
wiganste

Quote:
I noticed 'that' thread never got bttt'd on Saturday. Of course, if he's conceded one or two.....

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I noticed 'that' thread never got bttt'd on Saturday. Of course, if he's conceded one or two.....
Ah well, i thought he came back from a poor performance and as i say looked very assured. Stoke weren't the best but he did all that he had too and looked confident and positiv doing it, hope he keeps it up.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:25 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Ah well, i thought he came back from a poor performance and as i say looked very assured. Stoke weren't the best but he did all that he had too and looked confident and positiv doing it, hope he keeps it up.
Agree.

The city game was as poor a goalkeeping performance as you're likely to see in a United jersey. But he bounced back well from that and looked assured at Stoke.

It's not all about pulling saves off. It's about commanding your box and working in tandem with the defence. That part of his game was first class.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Jack Duckworth

i would go for:

foster
o'shea
rio
vidic
evra

valencia
fletcher
carrick
giggs

rooney

owen (think he needs a run to show what he can do)

as has already been said above, it's hard to second-guess fergie these days, though. it wouldn't surprise me if he went with vidic up front and heavy machine guns for full backs.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:29 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

WHat does anyone know about Wolfsburg? I know that they have the best strike partnership in in German league history but thats about it. One of the lads they have up front is called graffti isn't he. *writing is on the wall joke*

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
WHat does anyone know about Wolfsburg? I know that they have the best strike partnership in in German league history but thats about it. One of the lads they have up front is called graffti isn't he. *writing is on the wall joke*
They play with two strikers: Edin Dzeko and Grafite, with Obafemi Martins as the understudy. Zvjezdan Misimović is the main supply line and is the other member of the attacking trio which did so well last season as they won the title; he's the playmaker at the head of what is usually a diamond formation in midfield, with the Brazilian international Josue usually at the base infront of the back four. Dzeko is tall, strong and holds the ball up well, but also has decent technical ability. Grafite is the quicker, more direct striker who runs the channels and plays on the shoulder; he scored 28 league goals in 25 matches last year. As you mention, last season the Dzeko-Grafite partnership became the highest scoring in Bundesliga history, breaking the record set in the 70's by Gerd Muller and Uli Hoeness at Bayern Munich.

Like most German sides these days, they're somewhat fragile at the back and place a lot of emphasis on attack. On paper, it has everything needed to be a very open and entertaining game.

Unread 30-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Sloane

really looking forward to tonight, different opposition than usaul and should be a good open game.
hope the rain holds off though
Closed Thread