United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-09-2009, 12:02 PM
programmes?

Default Rooney leaving?

Not on your nelly!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Almost five years on from scoring a hat-trick on his Manchester United debut, Wayne Rooney has said he wants to emulate the careers of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes and play on at Old Trafford for another decade.

At just 23 years old, Rooney has played 247 games for United, scored 104 goals and firmly established himself as a supporters' favourite among the Old Trafford contingent. And now, the England striker wants to spend the rest of his playing days helping United secure more silverware.

Following the summer departure of Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney appreciated that the pressure to fill the goalscoring void left behind by the Portuguese winger would fall on him, and having already netted six times in seven games, he has not disappointed.

After such a successful start to the season, Rooney is setting his sights on wearing the United No 9 shirt for another 10 years.

"I hope I'm still at United when I'm the same age as guys like Ryan, Scholesy and Gary Neville," he told the Sun. "I've always said that as long as United want me, I'm happy to stay.

"I don't want to leave. I love the club and have no reason to even think about moving. I'm sure I'll be here for a long time."

Rooney's outstanding debut against Fenerbahce in 2002 left even the biggest names at Old Trafford in absolute awe. His daring nature, even as an 18-year-old, is a quality former United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has never forgotten.

"If I had to single out one aspect of Wayne's performance it would be his attitude. He is totally fearless," the Real Madrid forward said. "He had a big transfer fee on his back, it was his home debut, it was the Champions League and he knew all eyes were on him.

"Yet he went out, did his thing and scored a hat-trick. If that was not a statement of character, I don't know what is."

Unread 29-09-2009, 12:03 PM
History

Default Re: Rooney leaving?

If rooney was ever sold by united, i think only the death of a family member could be worse for me.

Unread 29-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Crumps

'As long as United want me'

Sold to Madrid to balance the books next summer.

YHIHF

Unread 29-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Diego Greygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Not on your nelly!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Almost five years on from scoring a hat-trick on his Manchester United debut, Wayne Rooney has said he wants to emulate the careers of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes and play on at Old Trafford for another decade.

At just 23 years old, Rooney has played 247 games for United, scored 104 goals and firmly established himself as a supporters' favourite among the Old Trafford contingent. And now, the England striker wants to spend the rest of his playing days helping United secure more silverware.

Following the summer departure of Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney appreciated that the pressure to fill the goalscoring void left behind by the Portuguese winger would fall on him, and having already netted six times in seven games, he has not disappointed.

After such a successful start to the season, Rooney is setting his sights on wearing the United No 9 shirt for another 10 years.

"I hope I'm still at United when I'm the same age as guys like Ryan, Scholesy and Gary Neville," he told the Sun. "I've always said that as long as United want me, I'm happy to stay.

"I don't want to leave. I love the club and have no reason to even think about moving. I'm sure I'll be here for a long time."

Rooney's outstanding debut against Fenerbahce in 2002 left even the biggest names at Old Trafford in absolute awe. His daring nature, even as an 18-year-old, is a quality former United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has never forgotten.

"If I had to single out one aspect of Wayne's performance it would be his attitude. He is totally fearless," the Real Madrid forward said. "He had a big transfer fee on his back, it was his home debut, it was the Champions League and he knew all eyes were on him.

"Yet he went out, did his thing and scored a hat-trick. If that was not a statement of character, I don't know what is."
the no. 9 shirt????

Unread 29-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
If rooney was ever sold by united, i think only the death of a family member could be worse for me.
I cant imagine seeing him playing for another top 4 team or even a foreign side, he was born to play for United. He would definitely be my most hated player on earth if he didn't play for us.

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:21 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
I cant imagine seeing him playing for another top 4 team or even a foreign side, he was born to play for United. He would definitely be my most hated player on earth if he didn't play for us.
Why?

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:31 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
'As long as United want me'

Sold to Madrid to balance the books next summer.

YHIHF
But think of the size of Fergie's transfer 'war chest'.

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:40 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Unbelievable post

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Smeggs

Quote:

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:41 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Unbelievable post
yeah but look who posted it.

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:43 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
yeah but look who posted it.
Sometimes you just have to shake your head :shakhead:

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
:shakhead:
This needs to be turned into Shaq shaking his head.

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
this the same rooney you called a fat lazy @#%&!? the same one you reckon needs to stop hiding behind ronaldo and start playing well? fair enough, at least you're consistent.

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Why?
He isn't a nice person + he would be a great player at one of our rivals.

Bit like why we hate Drogba, Gerrard etc.

But he's a red and i'm grateful for that.

Unread 29-09-2009, 01:54 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
He isn't a nice person + he would be a great player at one of our rivals.

Bit like why we hate Drogba, Gerrard etc.

But he's a red and i'm grateful for that.
met him have ya?

Unread 29-09-2009, 02:04 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
met him have ya?
beggars belief tbh. a genuine throwback football, full-blooded and a fan at heart. would get respect from any genuine fan whatever team he played for imo.

Unread 29-09-2009, 02:12 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
beggars belief tbh. a genuine throwback football, full-blooded and a fan at heart. would get respect from any genuine fan whatever team he played for imo.
Exactly.

Comes across as a decent sort if a bit thick. Rooney that is, not leg saf

Unread 29-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
If I wasnt a United fan I would only see Rooney as a hypocritical cheat, violent player and yob who abuses/humiliates referees more than any other player out there.

He is hated by a lot of non United fans and you can see where they're coming from. Deluded to claim otherwise tbh, but he is one of us and I think we wouldnt have it any other way. And I reckon he will be a bit more civilised now he's becoming a father. Tevez was quite uncontrollable a few years ago but changed after the birth of Florencia.

Unread 29-09-2009, 02:14 PM
wiganste

Quote:
If I wasnt a United fan I would only see Rooney as a hypocritical cheat, violent player and yob who abuses/humiliates referees more than any other player out there.

He is hated by a lot of non United fans and you can see where they're coming from. Deluded to claim otherwise tbh, but he is one of us and I think we wouldnt have it any other way. And I reckon he will be a bit more civilised now he's becoming a father. Tevez was quite uncontrollable a few years ago but changed after the birth of Florencia.
You're a @#%&!.

Unread 29-09-2009, 02:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
doesn't surprise me.
Closed Thread