United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Default Re: yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
you're picking out one game, and its not a game i recall him being outstanding in. our back 4 were the best utd players on the night

as Tiberian points out, it may be down to formation but in games where the tempo is super high from the opposition he has been badly over run

he is one of my all time favorites but the truth is we need to be intelligent about who we use him against

i certainly think the emergence of fletcher provides scholes with more time and cover at the moment too
If we can use him away at Spurs and away at Stoke - effectively the best passing side and 'hardest' side outside of the other 3 big sides - then we can use him in all but a small handful of games.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:42 PM
borsuk

Default Re: the renaissance of paul scholes

spurs played a very high tempo game against us, stoke tried to.

time will tell, i suppose, but i think scholes this season is a different proposition to the scholes of last year. hence the thread title.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Sloane

hes a legend, was always my favourite player as i grew up. however i admit in the past couple of years i worried when i saw him on the team sheet but this year hes played excellent and its great to see. fergie knows best

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Terry Silver

Default Re: yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
If we can use him away at Spurs and away at Stoke - effectively the best passing side and 'hardest' side outside of the other 3 big sides - then we can use him in all but a small handful of games.
Spurs had Palacios on Berbatov, and Huddlestone - fat, slow, immobile - was left to deal with Scholes on his own.

As for Stoke, they stood off Scholes all game, despite having 5 in midfield. Was a strange approach. They seemed content to let him spray his passes around, and keep a solid shape. Until Giggs came on this approach was working, thanks to Nani and Valencia failing to make an impact.

Unread 26-09-2009, 09:15 PM
jem

Default I think

we can be very happy with what scholes is doing.

but the sooner hargreaves is fit and carrick finds his form, the better.

Unread 26-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Sloane

already posted nm

Unread 26-09-2009, 10:08 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
scholes today

passes 70
successful 67
unsuccessful 3

£#%&! me it's Stephen Hawking

Unread 26-09-2009, 10:47 PM
celtbion

He was magnificent today.

All that was missing was a goal (or perhaps a red card? ) to make it a classic performance.

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:32 AM
shadowplay

As a 21 year old supporter, he is the best player I have ever seen wear the shirt.

A legend, if ever there was one.

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Tronics

them times Scholes was playing shite i was always his biggest fan.

that footballing brain (hate to use the term) is immense.

he keeps us ticking over nicely against teams that let us play football in the midfield.

looks a bit iffy against the more physical teams.

used well he's top class still.

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:45 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
them times Scholes was playing shite i was always his biggest fan.

that footballing brain (hate to use the term) is immense.

he keeps us ticking over nicely against teams that let us play football in the midfield.

looks a bit iffy against the more physical teams.

used well he's top class still.
No, he's genuinely playing much much better now.

This doesn't mean he wasn't poor for long periods there over the last few seasons

Unread 27-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Tronics

^^point.

but i remember people one here saying we should get rid.

didn't someone suggest Kevin Nolan ??? lol
Closed Thread