United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:17 PM
The Return of JC

Default Re: Some Vidic doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
This thread is pointless. I really don't get the point of it?

Oh and I'm worried about Rio more than Vidic. Something isn't right with Rio.

Looks a little sluggish, doesn't he? His fitness concerns me. Without the fitness there's no consistency, and without consistency those error-strewn gremlins creep into his play.

Not unduly worried, but I like to see a long run of fitness for him now.

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Looks a little sluggish, doesn't he? His fitness concerns me. Without the fitness there's no consistency, and without consistency those error-strewn gremlins creep into his play.

Not unduly worried, but I like to see a long run of fitness for him now.
Yep, fitness is a huge concern. He doesn't look fit.

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
This thread is pointless. I really don't get the point of it?

Oh and I'm worried about Rio more than Vidic. Something isn't right with Rio.
Not too worried about either tbh, Vidic will start peaking when it matters, bit off topic but as will Carrick, remember 07/08?

As for Rio, I got slated for suggesting he might be injury prone, but he seems to be playing regularly again now(touch wood), if he gets significant games under his belt and shaves his head he'll be fine. I think its quite funny that we've won 8 games on the bounce, and quite a few of them against good opposition and we've played good football in the progress despite there being still more improvement to come from certain parts of the team.

Look at the pathetic fixture list Liverpool have had. The only 3 decent teams they faced totally humiliated them, I honestly fear Chelsea will batter them on Sunday and they get huge confidence from that due to the hype when in fact anything less than a win for Chelsea is a huge failure against that lot.

Liverpool are rubbish and if we step up another gear or two we could humiliate them in a few weeks time tbh.

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Yep, fitness is a huge concern. He doesn't look fit.
He's at that age too where a long career at the top can catch up. 30 now, but been around since he was 17. Never really had much of an injury record, but the niggles start to kick in around 30. I'd be less concerned if it was one injury putting him out for x amount of time, but it seems to be that it's two weeks for one thing, one week for another, then an injury comes back....

Let's just sell him. And Berbatov.

Unread 01-10-2009, 02:25 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Not too worried about either tbh, Vidic will start peaking when it matters, bit off topic but as will Carrick, remember 07/08?

As for Rio, I got slated for suggesting he might be injury prone, but he seems to be playing regularly again now(touch wood), if he gets significant games under his belt and shaves his head he'll be fine. I think its quite funny that we've won 8 games on the bounce, and quite a few of them against good opposition and we've played good football in the progress despite there being still more improvement to come from certain parts of the team.

Look at the pathetic fixture list Liverpool have had. The only 3 decent teams they faced totally humiliated them, I honestly fear Chelsea will batter them on Sunday and they get huge confidence from that due to the hype when in fact anything less than a win for Chelsea is a huge failure against that lot.

Liverpool are rubbish and if we step up another gear or two we could humiliate them in a few weeks time tbh.

Sunday is win-win. Love it when the other big three play each other, especially when there's not much between it. Chelsea don't look too great either at the moment. I'm gonna fence-sit and say draw. Any result benefits us though, really.
Closed Thread