United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Whalefish

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Stoke v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
no draws again today
Exciting times.

Unread 26-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Exciting times.
just highlights the global appeal of the EPL

Unread 26-09-2009, 08:35 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
still frustrating. i'm sure there were some in the crowd screaming 'giggsy get your £#%&!ing finger out you lazy @#%&!' as he sat there.
I'm not one to try and re-write history. Giggs was a very frustrating player. He blessed us with sheer brilliance though so we forget about the times he had us tearing our hair out.

Nowadays, he's just £#%&!ing sublime. I can't remember the last time he pissed me off. His passing, decision making and reading of the game is outstanding atm. An all time great and will be sorely missed when he eventually hangs up his boots.

Unread 26-09-2009, 08:40 PM
MUFC One Love

Wayne Rooney is world class.

If only he had been played centrally reguarly for the last 2-3 years.

Unread 26-09-2009, 08:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
still frustrating. I'm sure there were some in the crowd screaming 'giggsy get your £#%&!ing finger out you lazy @#%&!' as he sat there.

Unread 26-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Ashley's Grime

Default Any links to our goals?

That'll actually work?

Unread 26-09-2009, 09:09 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
giggs was so poor when he was 23? That's 1995-96 season or around that right?

I thought by that time he was recognized as one of the best left wingers!!!

All that nani is recognized so far is for his face and head... pinhead

I can't believe your statement tbh.
Because you don't remember when people were calling Giggs crap, saying he couldn't cross, gave the ball away constantly, only played when he was looking for a new contract, bottled big games, did nothing but stand around with his hands on his hips. Oh and the best one, never fulfilled his potential

If you don't remember then maybe you may remember people saying ronaldo had no final product and was a waste of twelve million.

Unread 27-09-2009, 04:16 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
He didn't say that though did he.

Watch the 99 Semi replay against Arsenal fffs. He was frustrating as £#%&! until the goal. Like someone said on here, I'm just glad Nani isn't afraid to do the thigns he tries. It's much easier to teach a player top pick the right pass/option than to teach them to dribble with no fear. He'll come good trust in that.
frustrating on the bench?

Quote:
still frustrating. i'm sure there were some in the crowd screaming 'giggsy get your £#%&!ing finger out you lazy @#%&!' as he sat there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Because you don't remember when people were calling Giggs crap, saying he couldn't cross, gave the ball away constantly, only played when he was looking for a new contract, bottled big games, did nothing but stand around with his hands on his hips. Oh and the best one, never fulfilled his potential

If you don't remember then maybe you may remember people saying ronaldo had no final product and was a waste of twelve million.
I know but tbh not at the age of 23. Nani is 23 ffs he is not young anymore. He should have matured by now. he has played 2 seasons and still shows no signs of maturity. ronaldo was almost starting to fulfil his potential in his 3rd season. And even until then he had shown glimpes of his potential.

nani hasn't done at all. he has shown glimpses of potential with his individual ability. good crosses once in a while, good shot taking ability. But he has not once played a sublime pass or showed good vision to pick a teammate out. Even ronaldo did that occasionally in his first 2 years.

And its not as if, nani beats his man every time like ronaldo did initially. 3 out of 5 times, he justs falls off and loses the ball. Yesterday when he had a counter attack on, berbatov was free and would have been through on goal. he was screaming for the ball but nani didn't even lift his head to look for a pass. and even then he had a chance to setup rooney but he didn't even do that. no wonder rooney looked like he wanted to hammer the £#%&! out of nani.

I will be really surprised if we are not having the same conversation by end of the season. Can't wait for ljajic or obertan tbh.

Tell you what, even ravel morrision in the academy shows more vision than nani ( and he is a very individualistic player who beats players for fun in the academy matches )

Unread 27-09-2009, 05:23 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Wayne Rooney is world class.

If only he had been played centrally reguarly for the last 2-3 years.
We may have even won the league a couple of times.

Unread 27-09-2009, 05:28 AM
utd99

Quote:
But he has not once played a sublime pass or showed good vision to pick a teammate out.
Yeah, not even against a shite team like Wigan. If he had Owen might have gotten on the scoresheet.

Are you Aloe Blacc with a new username? That would explain a lot.

Unread 27-09-2009, 08:22 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We may have even won the league a couple of times.
Yes, we have still done well over all, however I'm talking about Rooney in general.

Oh and we have shit out of a lot of big games putting Rooney on the left and we usually get beat/draw and play shit.

Unread 27-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Aloe Blacc

We are a real team this year, Rooney individually is our best player but we can have some great performances like 1st half v Spurs, 2nd half v City with him being quite anonymous and we can also have great performances when hes in the groove and dominating.

Looking promising tbh.

The nani slaters need to piss off, he was the biggest threat in the first half, he started the season brilliantly then for some reason after the international break seems to be back to being rested. Now with 3 easy home games in a row I hope he gets a place in the side.

You could have subbed Valencia for Giggs yesterday and the same result would have happened. Valencia needs to play with more balls, we dont want another Carrick situation, a very good player not having the balls to elevate their game when they have the tools in the toolbox. He's only 23 though so plenty of time left. He shoulda been subbed ahead of Nani no doubt. Its only September though, I feel nearly everyone will kick into gear come

And whisper it quietly, but it looks like we might be getting another great season from Scholesy. No need to even comment on Giggs, we saw what he did last season and the great impact so far this season. He's the perfect player to bring on to change games, at his age he should not be starting every game, as tempting as it might look right now.

Unread 27-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Rhodzy

Keep with posts like that Aloe please.

Unread 27-09-2009, 10:57 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
We are a real team this year, Rooney individually is our best player but we can have some great performances like 1st half v Spurs, 2nd half v City with him being quite anonymous and we can also have great performances when hes in the groove and dominating.

Looking promising tbh.

The nani slaters need to piss off, he was the biggest threat in the first half, he started the season brilliantly then for some reason after the international break seems to be back to being rested. Now with 3 easy home games in a row I hope he gets a place in the side.

You could have subbed Valencia for Giggs yesterday and the same result would have happened. Valencia needs to play with more balls, we dont want another Carrick situation, a very good player not having the balls to elevate their game when they have the tools in the toolbox. He's only 23 though so plenty of time left. He shoulda been subbed ahead of Nani no doubt. Its only September though, I feel nearly everyone will kick into gear come

And whisper it quietly, but it looks like we might be getting another great season from Scholesy. No need to even comment on Giggs, we saw what he did last season and the great impact so far this season. He's the perfect player to bring on to change games, at his age he should not be starting every game, as tempting as it might look right now.
mate, I agree with you a lot of times But not this time. How can you say nani had a great first half. Bar that shot, he gave away the ball so many times. not a single telling cross and neither he beat his man. in fact their left back easily contained nani. the only game he has been good was wigan away in which wigan just gave so much space and time.

it was a surprise he lasted 55 mins. I thought first half would have been it. Rooney in particular would have ended up @#%&!ting nani if he had played the full match. He is 23, 5 years in top flight football, 3 in england... if he still hasn't matured now, he never will. dissapointing really but I don't expect him to a united for long.

Unread 27-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Keep with posts like that Aloe please.
Ive been getting the 'forum is down' message whenever i tried to log in over the last few days yet when those cookies cleared the forum was fine. Wonder why. Nice skills there armo.

Quote:
mate, I agree with you a lot of times But not this time. How can you say nani had a great first half. Bar that shot, he gave away the ball so many times. not a single telling cross and neither he beat his man. in fact their left back easily contained nani. the only game he has been good was wigan away in which wigan just gave so much space and time.

it was a surprise he lasted 55 mins. I thought first half would have been it. Rooney in particular would have ended up @#%&!ting nani if he had played the full match. He is 23, 5 years in top flight football, 3 in england... if he still hasn't matured now, he never will. dissapointing really but I don't expect him to a united for long.
Agree to disagree, the likes of Berba, Rooney and Valencia did £#%&! all in the first half tbh, Nani was in the thick of it and made some wrong decisions, it was his first start in the league this month after being quite regular before the international break. He still has 2 goals and 3 assists, Ferguson isnt doing him any favours with the early season rotation.

You were right about Tevez, but youll be wrong about Nani.

Unread 27-09-2009, 11:23 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Ive been getting the 'forum is down' message whenever i tried to log in over the last few days yet when those cookies cleared the forum was fine. Wonder why. Nice skills there armo.

Agree to disagree, the likes of Berba, Rooney and Valencia did £#%&! all in the first half tbh, Nani was in the thick of it and made some wrong decisions, it was his first start in the league this month after being quite regular before the international break. He still has 2 goals and 3 assists, Ferguson isnt doing him any favours with the early season rotation.

You were right about Tevez, but youll be wrong about Nani.
I certainly hope so...

But if he can't play with constant chopping and changing, then don't think he has much of a chance tbh. we already play sometimes a midfield 3 against good teams, which means we have only one winger to pick from. even without that you have park and valencia. That's till hargreaves comes back.

In january it will be even more difficult not to chop and change, with ljajic and obertan.

One thing that is certainly helping nani is that valencia and park look more woeful than him. which means he will still get some chances to prove fergie right.

btw will carrick ever regain his form back? even in 10 min cameos he looks poor and gives the ball away.