United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Do you support the same team as your old man!?
Yes - my Dad's a red and therfore I am. 49 83.05%
My old man said be a City fan, and I said %@#$&!s you're a @#%&!! 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2009, 10:50 AM
toseeunited

Football My old man, said "be a City fan" But did he?

Curious about this one, it's only a song, but sparked from Mr Ed's thread - how many of us support a different team to our Fathers?

Dad's a red Salford born and bread, therefore I'm a red.

Story's please...

Unread 30-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Mr_Ed

Default Re: My old man, said "be a City fan" But did he?

My dad was a blue, as was his dad.... used to go and watch Citeh one week and United the other... Said a lot of good things about the Busby Babes etc etc.

However my mates at school were all Red and I followed suit - being a dad now he could have influenced that or changed my mind by taking me (as I will with my lad - he knows there is only one team)...

So I blame him

Unread 30-09-2009, 10:56 AM
carlosartorial

I've still got my ST sat next to my Dad.

Unread 30-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Sloane

wheres the my dad was a shit red a shit man and a shit dad and i found my love and dedication to united through myself, option?

ReligiousRed

Old man is Eccles lad, my mum a Salford lass, they are from a family of 5 & 10, so of my 14 Aunts and Uncles, god knows how many cousins and seconds even third cousins I have one auntie and cousin who support Citeh always one they say hey !

Fwiw everyone who lives in Manchester is a citeh fan. MOTWYW what you will.

went to united with my dad and cousins before I can even really remember the game, I was born united and so were my kids ( even though they are suverners ) It would destroy me to have them support any other team, tbh I just wouldnt let them

BarryX

my old man used was a cloughie fan, (but he followed my lead when I switched to a Utd as a five year old).

Unread 30-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Chorlton74

Everybody on the english side of my family are cITEH. even had family members on the board years ago.

everybody on the irish side supported United, including my dad. only one winner really. Pissed my mums side of the family off no end.

I will be experiencing this scenario once again in about 6 months time.

Unread 30-09-2009, 10:59 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Curious about this one, it's only a song, but sparked from Mr Ed's thread - how many of us support a different team to our Fathers?

Dad's a red Salford born and bread, therefore I'm a red.

Story's please...
So are you trying to say your dad was an Eccle's cake?

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:00 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

My old fella supports Derby, as he was born round that neck of the woods although he has 0 interest in football really, I wasn't brought up with football and so as a kid I was watching it on my jack before I had mates who liked it.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:01 AM
believe

Thumbs up Re: My old man, said "be a City fan" But did he?

Luckily enough my mam left my old man (a leeds fan) when I was 2 and met my step dad who is redder than red soon after.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Brenner

My dad's a blue.

I'm a red.

My lad's a red.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: My old man, said "be a City fan" But did he?

My dad was born into a blue family and his dad was one of 12 children, so he had millions of aunts and uncles who supported city. They all watched the cup final they got to in the 50s (1954?) at the one house in the street with a telly, and someone pinned a rosette to my dad's t-shirt which he threw on the floor, as he'd already decided to support United

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:04 AM
wiganste

My dad is United, his dad was United, my dad's brother is United.

My 3 boys are United.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Baron

My old man never genuinely supported anyone in as far as going to games, but was a properly plastic Scouser, which led to me rebelling violently against that & being a Red as a nipper, he's since only ever taken an interest in football to call me when they beat us or if they win something. Which in turns leads to threats of violence from me.

The @#%&!.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:08 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Dad is a red, my lads are reds, couldn't imagine mini scholes being anything but a united fan, would break my heart

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Charlestown Rouge

My old man - Cheetham Hill born and bred and Red even though he played for Citeh youth.

Cue we were all brought up Red, my kids are Red and the £#%&!ing pet dog is as well.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
My dad is United, his dad was United, my dad's brother is United.

My 3 boys are United.
the most important bit

2 of my mates got shit off their father in laws when they had their first born, because the bride's family was all blue and said the kid should be too

now, correct me if i'm wrong, but the £#%&!ing team your lad supports is your choice and your choice alone.

one of them got married on friday though, top gig with plenty of jokes about citeh thrown into the speech. massive day out.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:15 AM
buryboy

My old fella is unfortunately a Liverpool fan.. as are 2 of his brothers (the other brother is a die hard Bury fan ).
Although he doesnt go out of his way to go and watch them or anything, they are his team of choice

Luckily I was taken to Old Trafford as a kid by a friend of the family and have never looked back!!

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:15 AM
wiganste

I'm taking my youngest to his first game on Saturday. He's very excited.

Unread 30-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Wum Tastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I've still got my ST sat next to my Dad.
Me to, plus he still gets the pints in before the game
Closed Thread