United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:00 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
again, where have i said that?

i said that they are not challenging for the league or european cup. as we are, it's not really useful to use them as a benchmark for our transfer activity. do you disagree with what i actually said, or are you doing what you did before and responding to something that i didn't actually say?
You hinted at it when you said "Barca and Madrid would be shitting themselves" actually. Meaning he's not good enough.

So Bale and Walcott aren't good enough for us? They're the signings they've made I'm talking about, as they're similar to us signing Zaha. They were from Southampton... so I doubt Inter Milan would have been shitting themselves when Spurs signed Bale, and look what happened when they played them.

At the end of the day/thread it's £#%&!ing irrelevant that he's not from a Premiership club's academy as to deciding if he'll turn out to be good enough or not. As I've said a couple of times, it's not his fault he's at Palace and not Chelsea, is it? £#%&!kk me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
written off before he's even played one minute.

the forum way
#@&%!s.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
No one has written him off, some just realise it's a big gamble. No harm in being honest.
It's not really though is it? Admittedly his price should be nothing more than £7-8 million or so but the old English/Manchester United tax has knocked it up. He is a special talent no doubt and from what I have seen is not really different to that Moura lad who would have cost £20 million more. That would have been a gamble.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:01 PM
silv

Quote:
i'm basing my opinion on every piece of evidence available to say that, on balance, i do not think that wilfred zaha will make a significant impact on our first team. it's only my opinion. i hope i'm wrong.
what evidence is that?

the fact he is from the palace?

didnt ian wright play for palace? he turned out alright.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You hinted at it when you said "Barca and Madrid would be shitting themselves" actually. Meaning he's not good enough.

So Bale and Walcott aren't good enough for us? They're the signings they've made I'm talking about, as they're similar to us signing Zaha. They were from Southampton... so I doubt Inter Milan would have been shitting themselves when Spurs signed Bale, and look what happened when they played them.

At the end of the day/thread it's £#%&!ing irrelevant that he's not from a Premiership club's academy as to deciding if he'll turn out to be good enough or not. As I've said a couple of times, it's not his fault he's at Palace and not Chelsea, is it? £#%&!kk me.

#@&%!s.
you said i said he was shit because he doesn't come from a premier league club's academy, i didn't say that at all.

i don't think he will be good enough for us. this is where the barca/madrid comparison came from as these are the clubs we are trying to catch, not arsenal and tottenham.

anyway, it's good to see that you're not getting completely :rattled: when faced with somebody who has a different opinion to you.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
what evidence is that?
we haven't signed a player from outside the top flight who has had a significant impact on our first team in 25 years. quite compelling evidence, no?

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Alvaro

Don't you have to live within 60 minutes of the club to play for them as a youth player? So it's a bit stupid to say a kid can't be any good because he doesn't come from a top academy.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaro
Don't you have to live within 60 minutes of the club to play for them as a youth player? So it's a bit stupid to say a kid can't be any good because he doesn't come from a top academy.
it is a bit stupid to say that, yes. good job nobody on here has said that.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Ethers

Silv thinks he's gonna be the next Ian Wright?! Jesus wept. This place.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:11 PM
dragflick

Quote:
you said i said he was shit because he doesn't come from a premier league club's academy, i didn't say that at all.

i don't think he will be good enough for us. this is where the barca/madrid comparison came from as these are the clubs we are trying to catch, not arsenal and tottenham.

anyway, it's good to see that you're not getting completely :rattled: when faced with somebody who has a different opinion to you.
You said Barca and Madrid would be shitting themselves with us signing him... therefore you don't think he'll make it. Then immediately said after that statement "when was the last time we signed a player from the lower leagues that was any good?"

That's fine- you can think he won't be any good, give a shit. I'll trust Fergie's judgement over yours. The only point I was trying to make, well not trying to- the point I made and told you was that it has no bearing him signing from Palace as to how good he'll be. Do you agree?? Yeah, reallyyy rattled here pal. Sure it's not you who is? Think it might be.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Alvaro

Quote:
You implied it.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:12 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Silv thinks he's gonna be the next Ian Wright?! Jesus wept. This place.
forgive me for showing a bit of enthusiasm.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
You said Barca and Madrid would be shitting themselves with us signing him... therefore you don't think he'll make it. Then immediately said after that statement "when was the last time we signed a player from the lower leagues that was any good?"

That's fine- you can think he won't be any good, give a shit. I'll trust Fergie's judgement over yours. The only point I was trying to make, well not trying to- the point I made and told you was that it has no bearing him signing from Palace as to how good he'll be. Do you agree?? Yeah, reallyyy rattled here pal. Sure it's not you who is? Think it might be.
i would to. that doesn't mean that he's never made a mistake in the transfer market though, does it? strawman argument.

i said barca/madrid would be shitting it because i don't think zaha will have sufficient impact on our first team to ensure that we will catch up with them more quickly than if we hadn't signed him. do you disagree with that?

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvaro
Quote:
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=392

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
i didn't see blazini's post. any chance of answering my question?

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:17 PM
dragflick

Quote:
i would to. that doesn't mean that he's never made a mistake in the transfer market though, does it? strawman argument.

i said barca/madrid would be shitting it because i don't think zaha will have sufficient impact on our first team to ensure that we will catch up with them more quickly than if we hadn't signed him. do you disagree with that?
Now you're making new arguments up ffs Obviously has made mistakes, but that's got £#%&! all to do with what we're talking about... which is, as I'll say again:

Zaha being from Palace's academy has no bearing on how good he'll be for us. End of.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:18 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Apology accepted.

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
how does saying the best English players of the last 10 years mostly came through Prem clubs (an indisputable fact btw) turn into saying a player from a lower league academy can't make it, you stupid @#%&!?

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Zaha being from Palace's academy has no bearing on how good he'll be for us. End of.
Just so we are clear on this.

Where a man in his early 20s has spent the last decade learning his trade will have no bearing on the quality and ability of said trade in the future?

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Well he does say there are exceptions too. Anyway if we're being like that, the 60 minute rule wouldn't preclude a Lahndoner from signing for a big club's academy.

How did that Sterling @#%&! get around it btw?

Unread 24-01-2013, 03:20 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
how does saying the best English players of the last 10 years mostly came through Prem clubs (an indisputable fact btw) turn into saying a player from a lower league academy can't make it, you stupid @#%&!?

:rattled:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Just so we are clear on this.

Where a man in his early 20s has spent the last decade learning his trade will have no bearing on the quality and ability of said trade in the future?
He's just turned 20. You keep out of it anyway and stick to posting stair gifs.
Closed Thread