United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
puressence

Default lionel messi to me is complete

and the best player in the world by a mile ..

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
magic_cantona

Controversial.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Rhodzy

He's no Cacapa.

BryanRobson'sLiver

Its his aerial dominance that I like.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Its his aerial dominance that I like.
Or his defensive qualities.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:19 AM
puressence

he wins games on his own

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
lionel messi to me is complete and the best player in the world by a mile ..
i'm very happy for you

you're wrong of course, but even so...

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
dunk

Aside from dribbling (oh which he is the best exponent in the World, bar none), what are his strengths?

I watched the 1st half of the Argentina match last night, and every time he got the ball he ran straight in to someone while attempting to beat them. Lost the ball countless times. He is great to watch, but there is very little in terms of variation and 'plan b', as it were, when he comes up against a side that can defend and know what his plan is, United for example, he is £#%&!ed, they just let him dribble his little heart out in area's he can't do any damage, as we did at OT.

This is why I can't pick him as the best in the World, he is possibly the most naturally gifted, but not the best/most dangerous/most effective, in my eyes anyway.

And yes, I do watch him almost every week, or when Barca are on Sky at least.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:28 AM
borsuk

Quote:
you'd better bookmark this thread, pure, so you can bump it in the future and show everyone how perceptive you are.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Aside from dribbling (oh which he is the best exponent in the World, bar none), what are his strengths?

I watched the 1st half of the Argentina match last night, and every time he got the ball he ran straight in to someone while attempting to beat them. Lost the ball countless times. He is great to watch, but there is very little in terms of variation and 'plan b', as it were, when he comes up against a side that can defend and know what his plan is, United for example, he is £#%&!ed, they just let him dribble his little heart out in area's he can't do any damage, as we did at OT.

This is why I can't pick him as the best in the World, he is possibly the most naturally gifted, but not the best/most dangerous/most effective, in my eyes anyway.

so you missed the second half:shakehead:

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
he wins games on his own
Quote:
what was the final score?

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Complete? FFS

He's the best dribbler in the world by far, but the most complete? Have a word with yourself Pure.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Well, yes. But I had things to do.

This isn't an opinion based on one game ffs.

I've seen him tear teams a new one on several occasions, I have also seen him do absolutely £#%&! all on others.

It was only Paraguay ffs, he should've been head and shoulders above them.

Supremely talented, possibly the most naturally gifted footballer in the World, of his era even. But, the best player in the World has to be more.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Can he play in net?

John O' Shea can...

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
puressence

Quote:
Well, yes. But I had things to do.

This isn't an opinion based on one game ffs.

I've seen him tear teams a new one on several occasions, I have also seen him do absolutely £#%&! all on others.

It was only Paraguay ffs, he should've been head and shoulders above them.

Supremely talented, possibly the most naturally gifted footballer in the World, of his era even. But, the best player in the World has to be more.
it was only paraguay ..who are pissing the group btw.. ive seen ronnie not perform in big games mate ..

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what was the final score?
one each ..argies down to ten for over a hour after carlos was sent off ..top game tbh

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
one each ..argies down to ten for over a hour after carlos was sent off ..top game tbh
how come messi didn't win the game on his own

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Vic Mackey

Quote:

That post probably sounds a little harsh, buts it's about right.

Messi is the player I most like to watch, but he doesnt have Ronaldo's power or his aerial ability which makes Ronaldo the harder to defend against, even though Messi is the better dribbler IMO.

Unread 07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Johnny Allen

Based on last season you'd be an idiot not to say Christiano Ronaldo was the best player in the world. Now he can do everything. He was th most influential and effective footballer in world football.

But for me, Kaka is still the best 'footballer' about. Makes everything look easy and is pure class.

Unread 07-09-2008, 12:05 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
That post probably sounds a little harsh, buts it's about right.

Messi is the player I most like to watch, but he doesnt have Ronaldo's power or his aerial ability which makes Ronaldo the harder to defend against, even though Messi is the better dribbler IMO.
and messi is 4 yrs behind ronnie
Closed Thread