United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:22 PM
lazlopanaflex299

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
It's all very well saying 'not arsed', send out the 'reserves' etc, but with squad nearly fully fit, most players coming in are players who would be considered first teamers anyway. Cleverley, Hernandez, Nani, smalling and young should all start, so it wont be a weak side and they should all be up for it.
exactly.

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Kagawa should start.
He needs to play some regular Football.

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Aman27deep

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

I'm paying £40 (FORTY) english pounds and buying the £#%&!ing fish and chips after to get in tonight. I don't want to watch the reserves thanks very much.

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I'm paying £40 (FORTY) english pounds and buying the £#%&!ing fish and chips after to get in tonight. I don't want to watch the reserves thanks very much.
Very selfish attitude that throb.

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:49 PM
hopkins

Thumbs up

send out the top boys

nani, young and anderson need minutes
kagawa and cheech too
wouldn't mind welbz adding to his tally if he's recovered from that shift in madrid

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:53 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Don't think anybody's picked a reserve side tbf
Hernandez with Kagawa in behind him...midfield of Anderson & Cleverley (perhaps) with Young & Nani out wide.

Back 4 - Jones rb, Smalling + Vidic, Buttner.

I imagine it's nailed on that Lindegard will play, but it would make sense to keep De Gea involved for pretty much every game now imo.

Unread 18-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Don't think anybody's picked a reserve side tbf
they have, but you don't need to speak for the whole forum anyway do you? your point is valid without the back-up you carve as reinforcement. i'm not psychoanalysing you, I just think that makes you sound like a @#%&!

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
they have, but you don't need to speak for the whole forum anyway do you? your point is valid without the back-up you carve as reinforcement. i'm not psychoanalysing you, I just think that makes you sound like a @#%&!
sorry for engaging in a light hearted, friendly exchange about tonights team with you:shakehead:

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
sorry for engaging in a light hearted, friendly exchange about tonights team with you:shakehead:
i don't think anyone's saying you aren't engaging in a light-hearted friendly exchange blah blah blah

personally, and I think you're going to like this, I'd play Rooney right up front with Van Persie tonight with the intention of bringing them off around the hour mark.

i don't know whether Fergie will use them both against Real, or how if he does, but Mourinho was caught out in Bernabeu at the start and he needs to be kept guessing between now and the 2nd leg as well

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:17 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Friendly? Lighthearted? New to Throb, pol etc?

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
i don't think anyone's saying you aren't engaging in a light-hearted friendly exchange blah blah blah

personally, and I think you're going to like this, I'd play Rooney right up front with Van Persie tonight with the intention of bringing them off around the hour mark.

i don't know whether Fergie will use them both against Real, or how if he does, but Mourinho was caught out in Bernabeu at the start and he needs to be kept guessing between now and the 2nd leg as well
Don't see a problem with that, we don't play again until Saturday (?).

As likely to get injured in training as in a match tbh.

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:19 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

I think Van Persie looked at a little tired (by his own high standards) against Everton and to a lesser extent Real. I'd definitely be looking to rest him tonight. I agree about starting Rooney.

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

I wouldn't argue with that selection at all.
I always pick the team in these threads that I think the manager will go with, not necessarily what I'd pick myself.

I think far too much is made of 'resting' players. I think it gets into players & fans heads. It isn't healthy for a Footballer to think he can't play 2 games a week or that if he does he's bound to get injured.

..but Fergie has to give players like Hernandez a game whenever the opportunity comes up.

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think Van Persie looked at a little tired (by his own high standards) against Everton and to a lesser extent Real. I'd definitely be looking to rest him tonight. I agree about starting Rooney.
True.

There is also Hernandez who probably needs a game, assuming we didn't sell him in January, I don't recall seeing him for quite some time..

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Harri Jaffa

Difficult one tonight imho

If we play our best team and get injuries i'll be annoyed.

If we go out i'll be annoyed

If we don't win our games against QPR and Norwich because we look tired i'll be annoyed.

#luckyi'mnotthemanager
#i'mafickle@#%&!

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I wouldn't argue with that selection at all.
I always pick the team in these threads that I think the manager will go with, not necessarily what I'd pick myself.

I think far too much is made of 'resting' players. I think it gets into players & fans heads. It isn't healthy for a Footballer to think he can't play 2 games a week or that if he does he's bound to get injured.

..but Fergie has to give players like Hernandez a game whenever the opportunity comes up.
Yep. I think its more about giving others games and keeping them sharp as much as it is resting players. Sometimes the word 'rest' is misleading. It's not like they need rest, but they do need keeping on their toes and keeping fresh. Some will react differently. Rooney, for example, is someone who always seems to benefit more from playing every game. It's when he's 'rested' that he loses focus. It's never as simple ad merely taking out the best players to avoid them getting injured. Whatever side he picks will be strong.

Unread 18-02-2013, 02:30 PM
DAZZO

Personally i'd go with

GK Lindergaard

RB Vermijl
CB Smalling
CB Vidic
LB Buttner

RM Valencia
CM Cleverley
CM Anderson
LM Nani

ST Hernandez
ST Rooney

Subs De Gea, Jones, Evans, Young, Giggs, Van Persie, Powell

Unread 18-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Sloppy

13:42 The United boss also talks about potential changes he will make to his line-up this evening, but says the strength of his current squad means there is no concession in terms of quality. "There was a time when I would bring in our young players to freshen things up and rest key people, but I don't have to do that nowadays because we have a bigger squad of quality players, some of whom are in need of games. They are the ones I will be looking to this evening."

Unread 18-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
13:42 The United boss also talks about potential changes he will make to his line-up this evening, but says the strength of his current squad means there is no concession in terms of quality. "There was a time when I would bring in our young players to freshen things up and rest key people, but I don't have to do that nowadays because we have a bigger squad of quality players, some of whom are in need of games. They are the ones I will be looking to this evening."
2-1 Reading
Closed Thread