United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Blagger

Question What would you deem as a successful first season for Moyes?

Over summer I'd expect him to bring in two players (a CM and a winger) that can walk straight into the first XI. No Everton players, either. Especially not that scruffy @#%&! Baines.

In terms of trophies: retaining the league would be a brilliant feat. If he can do that, then it'll be a slap to the face of vultures waiting to stick the boot into United after Fergie's departure. As for the ECL, getting to the QFs would be reasonable for a first go. I'm actually quite interested to see what type of football he opts for in Europe, especially away from home. You'd also plausibly expect him to attempt a genuine challenge for the FA Cup. Even more so, if we don't reduce the squad size massively over summer. (Obviously the Community Shield isn't a trophy, but it's important he wins it: boost of confidence, raise the morale, etc.)

Some other points:

(1) Stop playing Kagawa on the wing: an unacceptable trend to continue.
(2) Get rid of Phelan.
(3) However the Rooney situation pans out, he needs to put the guy in his place. He shouldn't be allowed to stay, if he intends to indulge himself over summer.
(4) United need to remember how to dominate big games away from home.
(5) United need to give up the ridiculous defensive tactics they've been following recently. Just sit back and absorb the pressure. £#%&! off. :shakehead:

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:35 PM
no fun

realistically

top 3 finish

champions league semi final

ged to get a round in at half time

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Sparky***

Getting our team to play a more aggressive, energetic style. To learn how to win the ball in the other half of the pitch, utilise our best players in their best positions. Establish a decent spine to the team and get back to playing exciting football.

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
realistically

top 3 finish

champions league semi final

ged to get a round in at half time
2 out of 3 it is then

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:39 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

win the league and out of the champions league group stage
anything else will be a bit of a failure, i know it's his first season but this is still man united

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Winning the passing, woodwork and par leagues.

Albert Tatlock

Top two finish

CL QF

To be honest I have a good feeling about him. I think we'll win the league and unless messi gets on the steriods, we'll win the european cup as well.

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
win the league and out of the champions league group stage
anything else will be a bit of a failure, i know it's his first season but this is still man united
exactly, we have pissed the league this season, we have a good raw talent in Zaha, we will add to the squad and hopefully not be wrecked by injuries again early on, winning the league is a minimum imo

want to see us have a real crack in Europe, not really arsed about the other two domestic cups tbh, use them both to play fringe players

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly, we have pissed the league this season, we have a good raw talent in Zaha, we will add to the squad and hopefully not be wrecked by injuries again early on, winning the league is a minimum imo

want to see us have a real crack in Europe, not really arsed about the other two domestic cups tbh, use them both to play fringe players
Don't be £#%&!ing silly. We're miles away from winning that cup again. Maybe in another 5 years or something.

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Mr_Ed

The charity shield

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don't be £#%&!ing silly. We're miles away from winning that cup again. Maybe in another 5 years or something.
how are we miles away...we were a shite ref away from beating Madrid, and we would have taken Dortmund over two legs, Malaga and Madrid should have beaten them

I would like a QF place at least this time, but tbh would £#%&! everything off to with the league again

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Arnold Muhren

Top 3 Prem finish
CL QF
Rooney dealt with either way
Bale/Wilshere/Ronaldo any will do
Phelan Out
Meulensteen stays

I'm a realist (apart from the Ronnie bit obv.)

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:47 PM
JakeB

Needs to start off with a decent summer of strengthening the squad. I think we'll win the league, but as long as we're challenging until the last part of the season, that will be a success for Moyes' first season imo

Not sure about Europe, just a decent showing would please me. Quarters or semi.

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
how are we miles away...we were a shite ref away from beating Madrid, and we would have taken Dortmund over two legs, Malaga and Madrid should have beaten them
Ok mate, if you say so.

i'll have £20 with anyone on this forum that we won't even make a champions league final for at least 4 years.

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Cream

A top two finish and make our way through the CL group stages unscathed. Any scathing and I'll be pissed off.

Don't expect him to win his first trophy, but the FA cup would be nice.

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Ok mate, if you say so.

i'll have £20 with anyone on this forum that we won't even make a champions league final for at least 4 years.

One of the shootcrew needs to step up and put their money where their mouth is.

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:51 PM
WarwickRoad

- top three finish
- get through the CL group stages
- buy a quality CM player
- play players in their correct position
- beat City and Liverpool
- have an idea of a best XI
- excite me with sexy football

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:52 PM
andyroo

Dunno about Europe, but it shouldn't really be the priority at this stage. Consolidating in the league, getting a balanced squad together, getting the best out of the shit@#%&!s we have rather than going all moon-eyed over whatever megastar's joining Plastic FC this week would all be good.

And one first team ready central midfielder, not a huge ask is it.

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Pop

Coca-Cola Cup

Unread 21-05-2013, 05:56 PM
WarwickRoad

Quote:
Ok mate, if you say so.

I will take that bet, but let me clarify ... does that mean the next three years, or that we will not make the final in the next four years?
Closed Thread