United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Think that particular croc was ill that day. Or #@&%!ed.

Tiger<Croc<Lion

Unread 21-04-2016, 04:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well maybe they all shouldn't have served up a load of boring shit for the last 9 months....at the end of the day football is an entertainment industry and people are not obliged to sit and watch a £250m team huff and puff their way to another dreary dull win against a team team who were there simply to make up the numbers.

I seem to remember the 2nd leg game against Liverpool had a decent atmosphere even though the useless @#%&!s didn't deserve it being 2-0 down anyway....that didn't help a £#%&!ing jot.

People have had more than enough of Louis Van Gaal's manchester united this season and I for one don't blame them at all.
We played well first half against Liverpool at OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Sure, but this is becoming a bit of a chicken and egg situation. We're incredibly frustrating to watch and it's hard for a constructive atmosphere to break out spontaneously when everyone's banging their heads against the wall.

It won't take much, we saw at the Arsenal game how this team can lift the crowd... it shouldn't be this hard, just be a bit proactive. We played some decent stuff lat night but still, still had far too little to show for it.
Well that is the role, to try and lift the team. Not saying I blame people for being frustrated, but our forward line is aged 20, 18 and 22. Don't be surprised if a home crowd who make it clearly they've "had enough" don't exactly help their confidence.

I agree it can become a vicious circle. I'd have thought backing of youth might give them a pass though. There was plenty of decent football from the young lads last night.

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
What the £#%&! is that shit?

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We played well first half against Liverpool at OT

Well that is the role, to try and lift the team. Not saying I blame people for being frustrated, but our forward line is aged 20, 18 and 22. Don't be surprised if a home crowd who make it clearly they've "had enough" don't exactly help their confidence.

I agree it can become a vicious circle. I'd have thought backing of youth might give them a pass though. There was plenty of decent football from the young lads last night.
It's not really the "role" though, or do you want Tufty with a megaphone leading another round of "twenty times"?

We're all stuck in a rut, players, manager, fans. It's been a grim season and seems to have been going on forever. We'd all like more noise but it's not always that simple - and remember when we were the best team in the world we still needed our captain to tell us the atmosphere was shite.

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It's not really the "role" though, or do you want Tufty with a megaphone leading another round of "twenty times"?

We're all stuck in a rut, players, manager, fans. It's been a grim season and seems to have been going on forever. We'd all like more noise but it's not always that simple - and remember when we were the best team in the world we still needed our captain to tell us the atmosphere was shite.
We all know the issues this season. If we were at Chelsea watching Diego Costa, Hazard, Willian etc struggle to score goals, it would be different. The vibe can make a huge difference to the kids in attack though. If anything Sparky's example proved that: Liverpool at home we were very good going forward.

Big games usually take care of themselves. Predictable dreary games with little atmosphere will always feel a little flat.

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Thing is, Sers broke down all this relentless tactical preparation when he was appointed and everyone was happy with it. Stark difference from Moyes etc. Just like everyone knew he'd spent 25 years not being a touchline manager, but now you get people acting as if it has some relevance to what goes on out on the pitch.

In terms of last night, some kind of atmosphere might have helped the kids play with more confidence. Just a thought.
I'm sure van Gaal tries his utmost best.

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
We all know the issues this season. If we were at Chelsea watching Diego Costa, Hazard, Willian etc struggle to score goals, it would be different. The vibe can make a huge difference to the kids in attack though. If anything Sparky's example proved that: Liverpool at home we were very good going forward.

Big games usually take care of themselves. Predictable dreary games with little atmosphere will always feel a little flat.
Yeah I thought it was a weird example for Sparky to pick. As you say we did come out well against the verm and were right back in it til just one individual error - which you could hardly say was because the crowd were either not cheering him enough, or cheering him too much, depending on which case you're trying to make

It's there for the players if they want it. Just show some balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I'm sure van Gaal tries his utmost best.
I'm not.

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yeah I thought it was a weird example for Sparky to pick. As you say we did come out well against the verm and were right back in it til just one individual error - which you could hardly say was because the crowd were either not cheering him enough, or cheering him too much, depending on which case you're trying to make

It's there for the players if they want it. Just show some balls.

I'm not.
I agree about showing some balls. Even if that's to shut the crowd up when they get on your case, as Ronaldo constantly does with Real Madrid. But even a restless atmosphere is better than a flat one. That will always affect the game.

Put a couple of leaders and inspirational players in this side and everyone else's level will go up. Including the crowd's

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I agree about showing some balls. Even if that's to shut the crowd up when they get on your case, as Ronaldo constantly does with Real Madrid. But even a restless atmosphere is better than a flat one. That will always affect the game.

Put a couple of leaders and inspirational players in this side and everyone else's level will go up. Including the crowd's
Indeed.

Schweinsteiger was supposed to help there. Thanks a bunch.

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:33 PM
utd99

There's something wrong with Depay's balance. He doesn't seem to be in control of his own movement half the time.

Unread 21-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
What the £#%&! is that shit?
not watched it tbh

Quote:

tbf it's been shite at home in most of the games i've been at and shite in most of the ones i've seen on tele, making shite not far off the average - both the crowd and the football...

but we are currently 5 wins from 6 in all comps - including away at city and west ham - and there's a semi-final coming up...

moaning becomes a habit, and it's a habit that's very difficult to break at old trafford

Unread 21-04-2016, 06:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Indeed.

Schweinsteiger was supposed to help there. Thanks a bunch.
Schweini leads and organises and certainly always shows for the ball, but he's a holding midfielder and has been for years now. I think when he arrived people were expecting a box-to-box player, rather than someone who conducts from deep with a more simple game. But that's been his role, which is why he was in direct competition with Xabi Alonso. Not someone to truly inspire the crowd.

Have to say it again, someone like Pogba takes this shit to new levels. Would lift the whole thing.

Unread 21-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Schweini leads and organises and certainly always shows for the ball, but he's a holding midfielder and has been for years now. I think when he arrived people were expecting a box-to-box player, rather than someone who conducts from deep with a more simple game. But that's been his role, which is why he was in direct competition with Xabi Alonso. Not someone to truly inspire the crowd.

Have to say it again, someone like Pogba takes this shit to new levels. Would lift the whole thing.
i was expecting him to take the heat off carrick. i wasn't sure how he would get on dropping into the back line tbh...

as it's turned out sod's law had it that carrick got crocked early doors, blind had virtually no automatic cover to get forward and schweinsteiger drifted around centre mid game after game wondering wtf was happening...

he's still got the class, but his fitness let him down. don't see how he can pull it back next season tbh but world class players often have an indian summer so we will see

Unread 21-04-2016, 06:17 PM
utd99

Quote:

I saw BS bought as a holder to mitigate the loss of Carrick. His injury against City killed the momentum of our good form last year, and you can't be that reliant on a 34 year old player.
Closed Thread