United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Exceptions that prove the rule, as they say. You'll find my post from HT in the Liverpool game absolutely astounded at what was easily the best half of football in Mourinho's reign.
What happened there then?

Quote:
Your view would probably tend to be that when it goes right it's the manager and when it goes wrong it's the players, I'd go the other way, and never the twain shall meet. But I'm just speculating.
When it goes right it’s obviously both manager and players. When it goes wrong, it could be either. That’s where speculation comes in unless enough time has passed to lay the blame at the manager’s door either way. Either for being his fault, or for being unable to fix the fault with the team. I think that time is still 6 or 7 months away when it comes to mourinho, or any new united manager. Which means the Twain will meet, one way or the other.

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What happened there then?

When it goes right it’s obviously both manager and players. When it goes wrong, it could be either. That’s where speculation comes in unless enough time has passed to lay the blame at the manager’s door either way. Either for being his fault, or for being unable to fix the fault with the team.
It was a game against Liverpool at OT, the players went for it, they reverted to type once he got hold of them at HT.

Unread 16-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It was a game against Liverpool at OT, the players went for it, they reverted to type once he got hold of them at HT.
What, so mourinho saw things going well and then decided to put a stop to it? Not just in that match, but in every match since?

I’d say mourinho is pragmatic. If he stumbled over something that worked he’d keep doing it.

It being Liverpool would more likely suggest to me it was a general attitude problem in other games. Again, something mourinho has alluded to. And something that has been evident since before his time. There’s been an improvement in big games since the first Liverpool and city games. Something which suggests mourinho is making some progress rather than the players ignoring him and going for it. I imagine it was the pressure thing that got to them in the second half.

Unread 16-05-2018, 09:02 PM
plopborsky

will you two just stick to arguing about the same thing on one thread you pair of @#%&!s.

Unread 16-05-2018, 09:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
will you two just stick to arguing about the same thing on one thread you pair of @#%&!s.
We're only trying to keep you entertained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What, so mourinho saw things going well and then decided to put a stop to it? Not just in that match, but in every match since?

I’d say mourinho is pragmatic. If he stumbled over something that worked he’d keep doing it.

It being Liverpool would more likely suggest to me it was a general attitude problem in other games. Again, something mourinho has alluded to. And something that has been evident since before his time. There’s been an improvement in big games since the first Liverpool and city games. Something which suggests mourinho is making some progress rather than the players ignoring him and going for it. I imagine it was the pressure thing that got to them in the second half.
It wasn't. They set up visibly 5-10 yards deeper from the outset second half. It was clear as day. Nothing to do with pressure. Instruction. All his teams have done it throughout his career. Get infront, drop back, strangle the game, hit them on the break if possible. It's his MO.

Even in that game the primary attacking tactic was aim for Lukaku in the inside left and feed off the knock downs. Just like the plan against Seville was aim for Lukaku and Felli, play for knockdowns, and get the ball left and hit in-swingers to the back post.

Unread 16-05-2018, 09:27 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
will you two just stick to arguing about the same thing on one thread you pair of c***s.

Unread 06-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Pop

Jesus, does that sour faced bitter old @#%&! ever NOT look like somebody has just farted near him?

Taken today at Ray Wilsons funeral.

Unread 06-06-2018, 03:23 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Jesus, does that sour faced bitter old @#%&! ever NOT look like somebody has just farted near him?

To be fair what look do you have on your kite at funerals?

Unread 06-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Pop

Exactly.

Unread 06-06-2018, 04:54 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
To be fair what look do you have on your kite at funerals?
If it's the service or internment, a sad face. 😔
Of its the wake, laughing like a £#%&!in loon. 😁

Unread 06-06-2018, 05:31 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Did he wave the hearse of the @#%&!

Unread 06-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Pop

I have no doubt he did, the piss soaked senile old @#%&!.

Unread 06-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I have no doubt he did, the piss soaked senile old @#%&!.
To me, he is actually saying "ooh that smells gorgeous."

LOVES a beef and onion fart does #@&%!er

Unread 12-07-2018, 08:42 PM
ScarFace

Unread 12-07-2018, 08:50 PM
chooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Like the spinal tap scene about Stonehenge that

Unread 12-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Pop

Tragic. Just a tragic £#%&!ing club

Unread 12-07-2018, 09:12 PM
sa7

This is Premier League football 2018.

You’re £#%&!ing welcome to it

Unread 12-07-2018, 09:29 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
£#%&! me, that’s tragic £#%&!ing state of those @#%&!s

Unread 12-07-2018, 09:29 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch
Like the spinal tap scene about Stonehenge that
the aliens dancing next to him remind me of that old gif...

Unread 12-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Switching Off

Smashing these @#%&!s next season will be the sweetest in a long time.
Closed Thread