Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
rattled?
you can't be serious....

why are we always mentioning my daughter quite a strange fixation you have on her....
"why are we" - you £#%&!ing thick @#%&!.

Come back when you've found 'queue' in the dictionary.

"I don't gossip".

Unread 08-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Crumps

Watched the videos of all his goals again and are really at a loss as to where and how some people have formed their opinion of him. Must genuinely be from his performances in games versus us then listening to any old balls that people say and take it as gospel. There are plenty of players who I have an opinion of based on very very little but £#%&!ing hell i'm never going to share that opinion with any conviction and if I was presented with evidence that'd change my mind if have no problem changing it at all. Never got why some people can't admit to their opinion being bull shit when it is.

Unread 08-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Sweet FA

always liked Lukaku ,but honestly did not think we had a chance of getting him ,i was convinced he was Chelsea bound . this transfer sends a great signal to our premier rivals that we are gonna challenge strongly once again , Lukaku is big ,fast and very strong which means defence's will hold further back ,giving Utd more space in the middle ,and thats been Utd's downfall over the last 3-4 seasons ,its all slowed down and we are not fluent enough throughout the games . if we can get Perisic or another good winger type to supply good crosse's ,we will score many more goals and get back in the habit of killing games off instead of constant battles ,good times ahead i hope.

Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Fergie never took into account just how Moyse would struggle to attract top players, he was always going to struggle. With Jose' we attract far bigger fish and if you'd told me we had a chance of getting Lukaku, I wouldn't have believed it possible even for him. This is such a massive signing, fingers crossed it goes through, he is 24 and fantastic. We are close to being competitive right at the top and its feeling Goooooooood.
Seriously? It is Lukaku not bloody Messi.

Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Watched the video of all his goals again and are really at a loss as to where and how some people have formed their opinion of him. Must genuinely be from his performances in games versus us then listening to any old balls that people say and take it as gospel. There are plenty of players who I have an opinion of based on very very little but £#%&!ing hell i'm never going to share that opinion with any conviction and if I was presented with evidence that'd change my mind if have no problem changing it at all. Never got why some people can't admit to their opinion being bull shit when it is.
It's just a lazy stereotype mate.

He's big, he's powerful. Therefore he must be good in the air. Must be good with his back to goal. And that will automatically be what we defer to.

He's not a big lump target man. His capacity to hold the ball up and be an effective aerial 'out ball' is something he actually needs to massively improve on.

He'll bring far more pace and ability to run with the ball than Zlatan did, even if others aspects of his game aren't as refined.

Unread 08-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
It's just a lazy stereotype mate.

He's big, he's powerful. Therefore he must be good in the air. Must be good with his back to goal. And that will automatically be what we defer to.

He's not a big lump target man. His capacity to hold the ball up and be an effective aerial 'out ball' is something he actually needs to massively improve on.

He'll bring far more pace and ability to run with the ball than Zlatan did, even if others aspects of his game aren't as refined.
Such a variety of goals and his scoring record at the beginning of his career is £#%&!ing ridiculous. These goals have come when his learning his trade ffs, in the PL too no lower league or turd foreign league padding his stats out. Perfect time to sign the lad as the next 2-3 years are when he's going to be getting to the point where he's unplayable. We are gonna have a scary attacking unit, decent back 4 if signings and Shaw progress, just adding the right couple of midfielders to th mix now. Compare that to City's squad and what they need to add/bin and thy look a bit of a mess.

Unread 08-07-2017, 10:46 PM
gbmufc

So you think Jesus, Ageuro an De Bruyne (spell check) are a bit of a mess?...Jesus H. Do you watch football?

Unread 08-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Such a variety of goals and his scoring record at the beginning of his career is £#%&!ing ridiculous. These goals have come when his learning his trade ffs, in the PL too no lower league or turd foreign league padding his stats out. Perfect time to sign the lad as the next 2-3 years are when he's going to be getting to the point where he's unplayable. We are gonna have a scary attacking unit, decent back 4 if signings and Shaw progress, just adding the right couple of midfielders to th mix now. Compare that to City's squad and what they need to add/bin and thy look a bit of a mess.
He's a very clinical finisher. He does things directly and with the minimum of fuss.

His finishing and his goals aren't really a point of contention. My main reservations are his overall work rate, his mentality (particularly in big games) and his touch.

All can be improved.

The biggest factor to his success will be how/if he Raises other players games and creates partnerships.

Last season, we really struggled to create any links with our front players and getting them playing well together will be key.

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:03 PM
ScarFace

big pilberz

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Crumps

Quote:
He's a very clinical finisher. He does things directly and with the minimum of fuss.

His finishing and his goals aren't really a point of contention. My main reservations are his overall work rate, his mentality (particularly in big games) and his touch.

All can be improved.

The biggest factor to his success will be how/if he Raises other players games and creates partnerships.

Last season, we really struggled to create any links with our front players and getting them playing well together will be key.
This season should see us perform better, last season was another summer of massive upheaval with a lot in inexperience and new players expected to play a key role from the off. Bit of stability about the place now and for he foreseeable future which we will benefit from greatly. Roll on 17/18 and some big shocks for the nay Sayers. We were making chances for fun at stages last season just being absolute dog shit at finishing them, think just his presence and movement will benefit those around him a lot, no doubling up on Rashford for a start. There will be no coasting or problems with work rate I reckon or José will come down on him and he knows he's at a proper big club now and will be playing in the CL, I think his attitude will be fine.

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
This season should see us perform better, last season was another summer of massive upheaval with a lot in inexperience and new players expected to play a key role from the off. Bit of stability about the place now and for he foreseeable future which we will benefit from greatly. Roll on 17/18 and some big shocks for the nay Sayers. We were making chances for fun at stages last season just being absolute dog shit at finishing them, think just his presence and movement will benefit those around him a lot, no doubling up on Rashford for a start. There will be no coasting or problems with work rate I reckon or José will come down on him and he knows he's at a proper big club now and will be playing in the CL, I think his attitude will be fine.
Hope so mate.

Said repeatedly towards the end of last season that van gaal was judged by a higher standard second season because of the extra year in the job.

Same for José next season

He was far from perfect last season, but the majority of the squad wasn't his. Another 5-10 player turnover this summer, a longer summer to implement ideas.....there'll be no excuses. We must improve in terms of style and league position and I fully expect us to.

Another 2 needed yet this summer too. Minimum.

Unread 08-07-2017, 11:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Another 2 needed yet this summer too. Minimum.
Yes, taking it pretty much for granted that will happen tbh.

Unread 09-07-2017, 12:39 AM
Luffy

Why are people complaining, he gives us an added dimension and finally we have a player who's first instinct when through on goal is to just beat the keeper. Pretty much every other player we have tried to hit the top or bottom corner or smash it as hard as possible resulting in more missed chances and posts than anyone else!!

Could be a side effect of training with DDG tbf.

But if lukaku gets the same amount of chances as zlatan he's gonna score 25+ easy unless he does a forlan and bottles it.

Unread 09-07-2017, 04:11 AM
Stickman

Medical done this minute judging by his Instagram story.

Unread 09-07-2017, 04:11 AM
ScarFace

Unread 09-07-2017, 05:04 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Dropping subbies at Marlo. Disgusting.

Unread 09-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Dropping subbies at Marlo. Disgusting.
He has no respect! Disgrace to the club!

Openly admit, I have very limited knowledge of him. I only ever watched him against us and various rivals. But, he's the best of a position, that has gone seriously down hill in this day and age imo, so I'm happy to give him a shot and see how he gets on

It's the likes of Pogba, when played further forward, Mata, Miki and especially Martial who need to up their game and contribution

Unread 09-07-2017, 06:22 AM
ScarFace

Jonny Evans will pull a sicky before our game.

Unread 09-07-2017, 06:32 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
He has no respect! Disgrace to the club!

Openly admit, I have very limited knowledge of him. I only ever watched him against us and various rivals. But, he's the best of a position, that has gone seriously down hill in this day and age imo, so I'm happy to give him a shot and see how he gets on

It's the likes of Pogba, when played further forward, Mata, Miki and especially Martial who need to up their game and contribution

Gets goals like a young Andrew Cole. His record is amazing considering his age and that he's played nowt Premier League football really not scratching around Belgium, France or Holland until his early 20's. He's gonna develop more and being under José it's safe to say his effort won't drop.

Unread 09-07-2017, 07:06 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Fowler is seething in the Mirror

£#%&!er

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ffled-10760603
This %@#$&!s about "last minute deal". There's still 5 weeks until the start of the season. Also what's he baffled by? We need a striker and we're buying the highest goal scorer in England who was available

Scouse @#%&!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
So you think Jesus, Ageuro an De Bruyne (spell check) are a bit of a mess?...Jesus H. Do you watch football?
Didn't realise a "squad" was made up of 3 players tbh
Closed Thread