United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2017, 07:40 AM
Sparky***

Who'd have thought that signing 4 players wouldn't turn the squad that's finished 5th and 6th with record low goal scoring totals into a free flowing side full of goals.

Unread 06-11-2017, 07:58 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Who'd have thought that signing 4 players wouldn't turn the squad that's finished 5th and 6th with record low goal scoring totals into a free flowing side full of goals.
It doesn’t help when some of those players are shit

Unread 06-11-2017, 04:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Mou signed mkhi and wanted lukaku over morata. If he can’t get them to work he has to carry the can for it.
Is that actually true, rather than Morata picking Chelski over us?

Unread 06-11-2017, 04:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes, but If we are just going to play hoofball there is no point in a player like Mikitaryan.
This is just complete nonsense. Blaming "hoofball" to excuse him giving the ball away, constantly. Including any slight challenge on him.

Unread 06-11-2017, 04:37 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It's balls.

He wanted Morata. Doesn't excuse him for agreeing to buying him tho.

Unread 06-11-2017, 05:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That guys proven himself by scoring 20 goals in a season. Calling Mkhitaryan better is blinkered.
He's proven he can score more in A better side. Once.

I think mkjitaryan is easily more talented .

Unread 06-11-2017, 10:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Please stop saying Chelski.

Unread 06-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Buck

I'd gladly swap Mkhitaryan for Son.

Unread 07-11-2017, 12:45 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He's proven he can score more in A better side. Once.

I think mkjitaryan is easily more talented .
They've played in the same league during 3 different seasons and Son has scored more league goals every time. And not always in a better side.

Unread 07-11-2017, 07:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
This is just complete nonsense. Blaming "hoofball" to excuse him giving the ball away, constantly. Including any slight challenge on him.
Checks watch. It's stat o'clock

Quote:
Some passing stats from Sunday:

Kante: 89.9 %
Bakayoko: 76.9%
Fabregas: 83.3%
Hazard: 85.7%

Matic: 81%
Herrera: 85.4%
Mkhitaryan: 95%
As we can see, the lad Mkhi's problem was not being wasteful in possession. More getting into the game. That could suggest positional issues. I think there have always been concerns about his mentality and whether he's assertive enough. He can be timid.

But then, having signed him, it's our job to get that out of him. Here he is being timid against Bayern:

Unread 07-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Barcabal

Hes an highly intelligent man...but has lost his confidence which is all.
This series of games starting with Liverpool away where we changed to being totally rigid and defensive..to ask a team to change from this style to a more fluid system straight away is not gonna happen with mentally weak creative players.
Mata and miki annoy the £#%&! out of me for being this but Pogba was a HUGE loss

Unread 07-11-2017, 07:41 AM
shenwen

More proof that stats are for suckers.
How many passes total?
Which part of the pitch?
What was result of pass?
Etc
All more important than simple completion rates. A bit like stats showing Moyes being the "winningest"'manager in the league. Fake news.

Anyhow Miki's problem lately has not been pass completion. It's about getting caught in posession and/or an inability to collect and hold on to a pass in the first place.

Agree about position being an issue for him. We saw earlier in the season that he can be very effective.

Unread 07-11-2017, 07:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
More proof that stats are for suckers.
How many passes total?
Which part of the pitch?
What was result of pass?
Etc
All more important than simple completion rates. A bit like stats showing Moyes being the "winningest"'manager in the league. Fake news.

Anyhow Miki's problem lately has not been pass completion. It's about getting caught in posession and/or an inability to collect and hold on to a pass in the first place.

Agree about position being an issue for him. We saw earlier in the season that he can be very effective.
You're doing it again here pal. The stats were contrasting the notion that he keeps giving the ball away, nothing more.

He made few passes relative to others; couldn't get in the game enough.

Unread 07-11-2017, 08:14 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You're doing it again here pal. The stats were contrasting the notion that he keeps giving the ball away, nothing more.

Stats are genetal bullshit.

You do know a missplaced pass does not account for being tackled or taking a heavy touch and losing the ball? Which he does countless times.

The argument here is mikitariyan loses the ball, theres more ways than one to lose the ball than missplacing a pass

Unread 07-11-2017, 08:15 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

You've got to stop taking every comment as a personal criticism/response

I was pointing out in the abstract that stats can be positioned to suit any agenda and that in Miki's case we should trust our eyes over a snippet from Opta

I think I might even have even been agreeing with you

Unread 07-11-2017, 09:35 AM
ziggyman17

He is a good skillful player, who needs to feel confident to play his natural game, I would blame the manager with his shit on a stick tactics, the lad is not use to playing in a kick and rush team.

Unread 07-11-2017, 09:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Stats are genetal bullshit.

You do know a missplaced pass does not account for being tackled or taking a heavy touch and losing the ball? Which he does countless times.

The argument here is mikitariyan loses the ball, theres more ways than one to lose the ball than missplacing a pass
If you want the disposessed stat just ask pal. He was dispossessed once during the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

You've got to stop taking every comment as a personal criticism/response

I was pointing out in the abstract that stats can be positioned to suit any agenda and that in Miki's case we should trust our eyes over a snippet from Opta

I think I might even have even been agreeing with you
You said it was more proof that stats are for suckers. Don't try and sweet talk me now. Point being, which we both agreed on, was not his use of the ball but how often he was involved in the play, perhaps due to positioning. And the stats back us up. So don't slag 'em off.

Unread 07-11-2017, 10:12 AM
silv

he had quite a good start to the season scoring and assisting when, well when we were scoring and assisting.

Unread 07-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Coracao

Whether he is losing the ball or not, he is a fanny who goes completely missing and therefore hardly receives the ball in the first place . Another who needs to be replaced.

Unread 07-11-2017, 10:34 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
he had quite a good start to the season scoring and assisting when, well when we were scoring and assisting.
but disappears when the going gets tough. £#%&! him off.
Closed Thread