United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:27 PM
History

Default Re: Oops. Make sure your mics are off in future lads..

cant stand keys should of been sacked for this.... @#%&!

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:29 PM
FannyBanter

I'm pretty sure Richard Keys is a right @#%&!.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Withers

I'll never believe a woman when she says she genuinely likes football. They are just scared of missing something. Either that or it's the only arena they can get any male attention

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Zorg

Linespersons just have to run along and raise a flag tbf, they could employ monkeys or Cornish people to do it.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Sexism only seems to apply when it's men criticising women.

Boots aired an advert over christmas which was basically mocking men for overreacting when we get colds etc, whilst women are troopers. If an advert aired that was mocking womens ability to park a car, there'd be an outrage.

Likewise, 'loose women' airs every day, and they slag off men over everything. Would they ever allow a panel show called 'loose men' where 4 blokes sat there mocking women for their faults, laughing at how shit they are?

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:46 PM
tetrisblock

If anything it shows the mantra sky enforce on their employees while on the air. Keys normally comes across as boring and a man who seemlingly has no knowledge about the game there. I don't condone what they said, but it wasn't on air. But anyway even that clip from the Faroe Islands I thought was hilarious. It shows the amount of shite they are forced to spew about whatever they are covering, despite what they actually think. If Sky let their presenter loose a bit, it would make for much better entertainment, the kind of which you see regularly on RTE.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon

Boots aired an advert over christmas which was basically mocking men for overreacting when we get colds etc, whilst women are troopers. If an advert aired that was mocking womens ability to park a car, there'd be an outrage.

Likewise, 'loose women' airs every day, and they slag off men over everything. Would they ever allow a panel show called 'loose men' where 4 blokes sat there mocking women for their faults, laughing at how shit they are?
Thats cos they couldn't find 4 blokes with balls big enough ....

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Huge difference between that and questioning a person's suitability for a job, and disingenuous in the extreme to suggest otherwise.

And what does this say about these fellas' integrity, that not only were they assuming she'd make a mistake because she's a woman, but they assumed unequivocally that the decision would be to Liverpool's disadvantage

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:50 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
If anything it shows the mantra sky enforce on their employees while on the air. Keys normally comes across as boring and a man who seemlingly has no knowledge about the game there. I don't condone what they said, but it wasn't on air. But anyway even that clip from the Faroe Islands I thought was hilarious. It shows the amount of shite they are forced to spew about whatever they are covering, despite what they actually think. If Sky let their presenter loose a bit, it would make for much better entertainment, the kind of which you see regularly on RTE.
painful comment, it;s sky not amateur hour ffs, the pinnacle of sportstainment in this country
rte can't compete with the bants kammy brings to the table

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Huge difference between that and questioning a person's suitability for a job, and disingenuous in the extreme to suggest otherwise.

And what does this say about these fellas' integrity, that not only were they assuming she'd make a mistake because she's a woman, but they assumed unequivocally that the decision would be to Liverpool's disadvantage
Was more a comment in general that sexism seems to be considered a light hearted joke when it's women talking about men, but an absolute outrage when it's men talking about men.

In this instance they were out of order though.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:53 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
and to women. how many adverts are there depicting men as incompetent buffoons?

not that it bothers me, don't know why people get wound up so easily.

would be harsh if women weren't allowed to be linos or something, but nothing wrong with poking fun at them.
most are tbf.

I would say anyone who genuinely has a problem with a woman linesman most likely has low self esteem. the majority though would just agree to fit in, which in itself is quite sad.

anyway, I echo the general sentiment: anything that puts keys and gray in the shit is alright by me.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:54 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Was more a comment in general that sexism seems to be considered a light hearted joke when it's women talking about men, but an absolute outrage when it's men talking about men.
That's usually because the women are making light-hearted jokes, whereas the men mean it.

Not always, but usually.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:56 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:

yeahh..i pretty much covered all that a few pages back.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
That's usually because the women are making light-hearted jokes, whereas the men mean it.

Not always, but usually.
Women never make light hearted jokes. They always, always have a sinister, evil motive and dark undertones to everything.

Unread 24-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
yeahh..i pretty much covered all that a few pages back.
yeah, nobody really listens to you though so I thought I'd repeat it and pass it off as my own.

Unread 24-01-2011, 01:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Women never make light hearted jokes. They always, always have a sinister, evil motive and dark undertones to everything.
Well, yeah, but they're infinitely crueller to other women than they are to men.

This is undeniable.

Unread 24-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Well, yeah, but they're infinitely crueller to other women than they are to men.

This is undeniable.
God yeah. I dont get that at all, when I used to live with my ex, she'd have a mate over, then when she'd left she'd spend the next hour slagging her off to me.

Mentalists.

Unread 24-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
so why are you so vehemently supporting them in this thread ?

Unread 24-01-2011, 01:04 PM
tetrisblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
painful comment, it;s sky not amateur hour ffs, the pinnacle of sportstainment in this country
rte can't compete with the bants kammy brings to the table
True, don't even get me started on the two cockney simpletons on Your on Sky Sports. You can literally feel the bangs its so intense!

Unread 24-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
. If an advert aired that was mocking womens ability to park a car, there'd be an outrage.
Yeah, I remember the outrage about these adverts you soft bastard

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA0986
Closed Thread