United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:40 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
He said his deal hasn't changed or extended his contract, honestly don't know why you've chosen this as your hill to die on, but every major European sports news outlet from Marca to Calcio Mercato reckons we made a bid and Godin himself says he hasn't changed his contract in reply to claims that he did.
I'm sure his club are happy with what he's said in the press. After all, if he openly admits what he/his agent did in the summer then the Atleti board would be getting calls every day from the other players doing the same. Want a easy pay rise...

We never bid for him, interested yes? because were interested in all good players but no bid. He was never coming anyway as players don't leave Atletico anymore (especially with Simeone).

We wanted Alderweird and others such as the fat head from Leicester were on the list. Ultimately Mourinho's attitude and behavior this summer cost him, in the end the club have told him to do one and work with what he brought in.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Clownbones

We've got bigger issues than not getting a 32 year old on loan on deadline day.

I don't trust Mourinho to sign as I don't trust what he's trying to build.

He got £#%&!ed this summer no doubt, but he's signed most other players he wanted and some of the biggest culprits at the moment are players he brought in anyway.

The individuals are only a small part of a bigger problem.

No individual signing is going to change the way the manager approaches games.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:49 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
None.

How do people see this ending ? What's the goal here? I don't know what we're trying to become. Jose was hired under the delusion/hope that he would bring a winning mentality, but adapt himself to the 'United way' (whatever that means now).

He hasn't done either.

He has carried the negativity that has been a feature of all his roles, but hasn't brought the mentality.

The players look less confident than they ever have and, after over two years and several transfer windows, we have no identity at all.

We saw all our problems yesterday:

No settled side
Several players not stepping up and taking their chance
Passive, reactive football
Laziness
Lack of organisation
Petulance and recklessness

These are all features of a team. None of that is mitigated by individual issues, form etc.

They are the frequently recurring features of this managers team

And it is exactly how I would expect us to be based on his attitude and demeanour over the last year:

Petulant, negative and self-serving.

You watch spurs, city and Liverpool play and you know exactly what they are about. Each has their flaws, but all have a very clear identity that the players seem to rise to and that excites the fans. The managers say the things that reflect their style. So does ours.

This is now very much a (current) Jose Mourinho team.

Most of us would take the flaws, incomplete squads, moments of madness etc if there was a point to it all, but We really are £#%&!ing pointless right now.

And he hates all the players. He's publicly slated virtually all of them at some point. And look what it's done! They look utterly drained and shot to bits just two games in to a season where we should have every reason to be positive.

It's £#%&!ing ridiculous.

He deliberately spent the whole summer complaining and look at the knock on effect of that. It's almost as if he hates us and hates being a manager.

We are a horrible team of some talented individuals.

Again I ask, what is the end goal? I can only think it's a more functioning version of what we already are.

And I don't even want that.

Rip it out and start again.
All of this.

I honestly can't believe he had the temerity to say that with no more signings it would be a very difficult season, and then expect them to pull their tripe out for him and be full of confidence on the pitch

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Ethers

Christ, I haven’t missed TBR and his humourless 4th-hand recounting of exactly what goes on behind the scenes at Old Trafford

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:52 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
All of this.

I honestly can't believe he had the temerity to say that with no more signings it would be a very difficult season, and then expect them to pull their tripe out for him and be full of confidence on the pitch
His man management is attrocious.

Now I can see why Sir Bobby didn't want him to be honest. The old sod was bang on...

Has saffers appeared, yet?

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Ethers

Saffers is AWOL.

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:02 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Saffers is AWOL.
Not very good at this managers thing is he?

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:03 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Now I can see why Sir Bobby didn't want him to be honest. The old sod was bang on...

Oh he'll be around shortly...

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:14 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Saffers is AWOL.
Not been online since 5 minutes before the game.

VVG2C

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

oof.

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:17 PM
silv

Quote:

you're shit at everything

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:25 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
you're shit at everything
How are those managers working out for you?

One hasn't had a job since and the other won't be getting one after this.

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
How are those managers working out for you?

One hasn't had a job since and the other won't be getting one after this.
Pay your subs, bobby...

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:30 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Wouldn’t surprise me of he doesn’t throw the mou mou towel in now. Has been gearing up for a bit with the ‘lack of support the board have shown mou’ angle. He can use that line as his get out.

Obviously, yesterday was indefensible given the so called talent we had on the pitch but let’s not concern ourselves with that.

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:31 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Saffers is AWOL.
Kid’s party

Although he has no kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
All of this.

Definitely

I’m not keen on comparing with real jobs, but imagine being treated that way from one of your bosses. Publicly saying you’re not good enough for the job but then expecting you to do it anyway. Atrocious behaviour, whatever the circumstances or whatever the job is

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:36 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Kid’s party

Although he has no kids

Definitely

I’m not keen on comparing with real jobs, but imagine being treated that way from one of your bosses. Publicly saying you’re not good enough for the job but then expecting you to do it anyway. Atrocious behaviour, whatever the circumstances or whatever the job is
Who we on about here?

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Who we on about here?
The players, or the shit@#%&!s, if you will.

Even shit@#%&!s deserve a certain level of respect at work.

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:42 PM
puressence

hes gone

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:44 PM
windy waffles

Lee Sharpe agrees with us all and says he will be gone by Christmas.

Unread 20-08-2018, 12:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Lee Sharpe agrees with us all and says he will be gone by Christmas.
Closed Thread