United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:15 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
the simple fact is that Jose told the board that we were weak in the defence regardless of him buying the 2 centre halves who started. Fergie bought players that didnt work out.

He told the board he wanted defenders such as Sandro and Godin and he didnt get them. Woodward can pull his face all he wants but that was the result yesterday a of lack of investment in the team.

Ashley Young shouldnt be playing right back and that fat little @#%&! on the other side shouldnt be nowhere near the team as its took him seasons to realise that he is at united couple with Martial who should be nowhere near united with his attitude.
Since Fergie retired we've spent 700 mill on players
Lack of investment

It's poor recruitment combined with poor coaching that is at the root of why we're in such a mess
This situation has been created because of a complete lack of footballing vision at the club

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:16 AM
andyroo

Yeah failure to invest could explain a lack of progress in Europe... but not a shameful defeat to Brighton.

£#%&!wit Mourinho set that lot up to lose. He can £#%&! off.

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
No doubt the club are at fault. That's obvious to anyone observing. This team isn't good enough to win the league, Mourinho knew that and he tried to publicly shame Woodward into fixing it. Woodward didn't bite.

But that cannot detract from what happened yesterday. Not a single member of that Brighton side would get into our squad, yet they humiliated us. Mourinho's approach is wrong. His attitude is wrong and he's failing to motivate his team.
You cant argue with the facts

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i'm a fan of poch, but is he good enough to lead united to a title? i feel that if he came here we'd be no different to how we are now, finishing in the top four and maybe winning the odd cup but not much else. apart from that the football would be a lot better.

a club like united needs a proven trophy winner, but we also need someone who isn't out of touch with the modern game. van gaal and jose both fit the first criteria, but not the second.

would love jardim here.
A title ?

We’re so far from a title now it’s an irrelevance....

We need stability and football growth...

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:17 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I know it's a complex sport but the mentality when playing teams like Brighton has to be: We're better than you and we're going to blow you away in the first 20 minutes.

I'm fed up of the rope a dope approach. It give the opposition confidence. They get more touches on the ball, they fell their way into the game and the crowd gets behind them. All of a sudden you're playing against a confident team that think they have a chance.

£#%&! that. Go straight for the throat.

It's fine to be cautious against the big boys but we're talking about £#%&!ing Brighton.
this isn't even the problem. none of them has a basic understanding of how his own role relates to the others. we simply aren't a team.

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:43 AM
utd99

My hope was that his last year at Chelsea had chastened him; possibly given him reason for humility. It didn’t and it hasn’t. Two years plus, and we are dire and joyless, with little cause for optimism. Get rid and start again. What other choice do we have?

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:49 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
the simple fact is that Jose told the board that we were weak in the defence regardless of him buying the 2 centre halves who started. Fergie bought players that didnt work out.

He told the board he wanted defenders such as Sandro and Godin and he didnt get them. Woodward can pull his face all he wants but that was the result yesterday a of lack of investment in the team.

Ashley Young shouldnt be playing right back and that fat little c*** on the other side shouldnt be nowhere near the team as its took him seasons to realise that he is at united couple with Martial who should be nowhere near united with his attitude.
Mourinho has bought two centre halves and a right back for a combined total of about 85 million quid, the two centre halves are the worst at the club and the right back isn't even ready to make the match squad. That isn't the boards fault, that's Jose Mourinho buying shit.

Godin didn't want to play for us, it was nothing to do with not paying.

The board isn't making Jose pick Andrea Pereira as a holding midfielder, which he will never be as long as I have a hole in my arse.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:04 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Mourinho has bought two centre halves and a right back for a combined total of about 85 million quid, the two centre halves are the worst at the club and the right back isn't even ready to make the match squad. That isn't the boards fault, that's Jose Mourinho buying shit.

Godin didn't want to play for us, it was nothing to do with not paying.

The board isn't making Jose pick Andrea Pereira as a holding midfielder, which he will never be as long as I have a hole in my arse.
He was never a option. United didn't even think that hence why no bid.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:16 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Every sports journo in Europe reckons we did but OK.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:18 AM
dragflick

Quote:

We were told by his camp he was open to a move and it was an option (simply for us to show interest and them to get a better deal from Atletico). Of course we were suckered in (again) and showed interest

Mad if you think Ed didn't get a lob on when he got that phonecall.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:23 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Every sports journo in Europe reckons we did but OK.
His agent saw how desperate we were and opportunity for a new deal for his client. No bid.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:24 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

We were told by his camp he was open to a move and it was an option (simply for us to show interest and them to get a better deal from Atletico). Of course we were suckered in (again) and showed interest

But wasn't even our claim he'd used us for leverage for a new contract scuppered when he said stories that he'd extended his contract were false.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:25 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

United went back to his agent and told him to negotiate a transfer fee. No bid was made because his agent told Atleti we were interested and they said here's a new deal.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Sparky***

It's done. If there was ever a writing's on the wall performance, that was it yesterday. They don't want to play for him, it looked exactly like stoke away under van gaal or a million other performances of the last few years where Manchester United turn up to some provincial small town club and get absolutely man-handled like a bunch of £#%&!ing children. They look like they don't want to play for him, they look demoralised, disorganised and completely lacking in leadership.

2 years in and that's just not on i'm afraid so it would be best for all parties if Mourinho goes now. No point in waiting for the kitchen fire to engulf the whole house, just get it done now.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:26 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
United went back to his agent and told him to negotiate a transfer fee. No bid was made because his agent told Atleti we were interested and they said here's a new deal.
He hasn't signed a new deal, he was all over the papers saying he's staying for 'personal reasons' and stories that he'd signed a new contract were false.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:27 AM
dragflick

Quote:
It wouldn't have been a 'bid' as such anyway, as he had a release clause. We fell for it again, though. Daft to say otherwise.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:30 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
He hasn't signed a new deal, he was all over the papers saying he's staying for 'personal reasons' and stories that he'd signed a new contract were false.
So? They could've increased his wages with extending the length of the deal.

We would've liked him, but never made a bid for him nor spent time chasing him like some have suggested.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
My hope was that his last year at Chelsea had chastened him; possibly given him reason for humility. It didn’t and it hasn’t. Two years plus, and we are dire and joyless, with little cause for optimism. Get rid and start again. What other choice do we have?
None.

How do people see this ending ? What's the goal here? I don't know what we're trying to become. Jose was hired under the delusion/hope that he would bring a winning mentality, but adapt himself to the 'United way' (whatever that means now).

He hasn't done either.

He has carried the negativity that has been a feature of all his roles, but hasn't brought the mentality.

The players look less confident than they ever have and, after over two years and several transfer windows, we have no identity at all.

We saw all our problems yesterday:

No settled side
Several players not stepping up and taking their chance
Passive, reactive football
Laziness
Lack of organisation
Petulance and recklessness

These are all features of a team. None of that is mitigated by individual issues, form etc.

They are the frequently recurring features of this managers team

And it is exactly how I would expect us to be based on his attitude and demeanour over the last year:

Petulant, negative and self-serving.

You watch spurs, city and Liverpool play and you know exactly what they are about. Each has their flaws, but all have a very clear identity that the players seem to rise to and that excites the fans. The managers say the things that reflect their style. So does ours.

This is now very much a (current) Jose Mourinho team.

Most of us would take the flaws, incomplete squads, moments of madness etc if there was a point to it all, but We really are £#%&!ing pointless right now.

And he hates all the players. He's publicly slated virtually all of them at some point. And look what it's done! They look utterly drained and shot to bits just two games in to a season where we should have every reason to be positive.

It's £#%&!ing ridiculous.

He deliberately spent the whole summer complaining and look at the knock on effect of that. It's almost as if he hates us and hates being a manager.

We are a horrible team of some talented individuals.

Again I ask, what is the end goal? I can only think it's a more functioning version of what we already are.

And I don't even want that.

Rip it out and start again.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:34 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
So? They could've increased his wages with extending the length of the deal.

We would've liked him, but never made a bid for him nor spent time chasing him like some have suggested.
He said his deal hasn't changed or extended his contract, honestly don't know why you've chosen this as your hill to die on, but every major European sports news outlet from Marca to Calcio Mercato reckons we made a bid and Godin himself says he hasn't changed his contract in reply to claims that he did.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's done. If there was ever a writing's on the wall performance, that was it yesterday. They don't want to play for him, it looked exactly like stoke away under van gaal or a million other performances of the last few years where Manchester United turn up to some provincial small town club and get absolutely man-handled like a bunch of £#%&!ing children. They look like they don't want to play for him, they look demoralised, disorganised and completely lacking in leadership.

2 years in and that's just not on i'm afraid so it would be best for all parties if Mourinho goes now. No point in waiting for the kitchen fire to engulf the whole house, just get it done now.
Yep. Very much like the last days of LVG and Moyes.

Id take the hit now. Do a 'give it giggseh' to someone within..... walk away..... count to £#%&!ing ten and get some people around that #@&%! Woodward who actually understand football.

Devise a plan. Pick a boss with that in mind.

I'd take the hit of 7th-10th this season for that. I really would.

It's better than the frustration of the aimless shit the club has attempted since Fergie left.

The irony is that the panic to remain relevant is keeping us in stuck in the turmoil we're trying to avoid.
Closed Thread