United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:18 PM
saffers

Default Keep the faith, the tide will turn

Just like last year, we were getting fake results, lucky results that didn't reflect how games went and somehow November time we were top of the league. But the sensible folks were saying back then that we'll eventually get found out, it's not sustainable to keep winning games based on 2 or 3 shots, huge mistakes from opposition etc.

So it is clear to me that it is unsustainable for us to keep dominating games like this at home to Stoke and Burnley without eventually thrashing teams regularly.

8 pts is nothing in November, stay calm despite the temptation. Also glad we are not resorting to blaming refs despite them doing all they can to £#%&! us these days. We are too big of a club to focus on refs, leave that to the smaller ones.

Let the morons write us off, this is what will make our inevitable comeback even sweeter. I truly believe in this team, we should have scored 6 at least yesterday against a team that neither Spurs or Liverpool barely had a shot against.

That winning run is coming and when it does the gap will disappear within 2/3 games. We'd have serious cause for concern if we were getting these results while playing like we did in the last 3 years.....

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Stickman

Spot on SAF face.

Although forget the 8 points of the top talk, we won't be winning the league, the realistic aim should be simply top 4.

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:24 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Spot on SAF face.

Although forget the 8 points of the top talk, we won't be winning the league, the realistic aim should be simply top 4.
I know the title is starting to look unrealistic but you gotta aim for the top. Keep in mind that these days no super team is around. Even Liverpool in their famous 13/14 season were 8 or 9 pts behind arsenal at one point. You can't trust any of these guys, even City.

BTW Darmian terrific yesterday.

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I know the title is starting to look unrealistic but you gotta aim for the top. Keep in mind that these days no super team is around. Even Liverpool in their famous 13/14 season were 8 or 9 pts behind arsenal at one point. You can't trust any of these guys, even City.

BTW Darmian terrific yesterday.
Burnley at OT. Not much of an examination for a United full back. They were incredibly light going forward.

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Billy Redface

Saffers

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:33 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Just like last year, we were getting fake results, lucky results that didn't reflect how games went and somehow November time we were top of the league. But the sensible folks were saying back then that we'll eventually get found out, it's not sustainable to keep winning games based on 2 or 3 shots, huge mistakes from opposition etc.

So it is clear to me that it is unsustainable for us to keep dominating games like this at home to Stoke and Burnley without eventually thrashing teams regularly.

8 pts is nothing in November, stay calm despite the temptation. Also glad we are not resorting to blaming refs despite them doing all they can to £#%&! us these days. We are too big of a club to focus on refs, leave that to the smaller ones.

Let the morons write us off, this is what will make our inevitable comeback even sweeter. I truly believe in this team, we should have scored 6 at least yesterday against a team that neither Spurs or Liverpool barely had a shot against.

That winning run is coming and when it does the gap will disappear within 2/3 games. We'd have serious cause for concern if we were getting these results while playing like we did in the last 3 years.....
Good post.

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:39 PM
waynes ear's

Hopefully we smash Arsenal. I mean smash £#%&! out of them.

Plus Mourinho £#%&!ing hates Wenger

Unread 30-10-2016, 01:44 PM
puressence

This is a Burnley team who have beat Liverpool and Everton and deserved a draw with Arsenal bar a goal that should never have happened

Unread 30-10-2016, 02:03 PM
The Stella Fella

What boils my piss is the £#%&!ing media "Jose has lost it" " bring back the old moody Jose" - he kicks off about a pen yesterday gets sent to the stand by an over zealous ref and this morning it's "Jose is losing it" "pressure getting to him"

Go and £#%&! yourselves. #siegementalityneeded

Unread 30-10-2016, 02:07 PM
Mr_Ed

I've mentally bought into this post. A shaft of sensible light in the doom clouds

Unread 30-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Switching Off

Think we've got another international break after next weekend, so even if we stick 5 past Swansea momentum will fade and 4 players will get injured.

Still a good thread though

Unread 30-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Think we've got another international break after next weekend, so even if we stick 5 past Swansea momentum will fade and 4 players will get injured.

£#%&!ing hell ANOTHER one?

That's 3 before £#%&!ing december for christ's sake.

Unread 30-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

oh ffs another one

international football is boring

Unread 30-10-2016, 03:13 PM
puressence

At least the international is England Scotland

Unread 30-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:

My name is Cream and I endorse this message.

Unread 30-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:

No offence Saffers but if this was any of the last 3 seasons you would be calling for Mou's head. Am confident the tide will turn but your post wreaks of hypocritical bollox #js

Unread 30-10-2016, 04:50 PM
BobJones

That's all well and good, but what's he's £#%&!ing problem with martial?

Unread 30-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones
That's all well and good, but what's he's £#%&!ing problem with martial?
His head's not in the game. His missus has £#%&!ed off out of the country with his kid and is running to every tabloid she can to coat him off.

Unread 30-10-2016, 04:53 PM
woody78

Quote:

Agree with most of that but the title is virtually gone imo. 8 points isn't a huge gap if you are behind just 1 team but to catch all 3 is a big ask.
Top 4 is the target with a couple of cups

Unread 30-10-2016, 04:55 PM
ScarFace

bringing a potato and lurch on for 2 of our best players ( that game ) has annoyed me more. That £#%&!ing ugly freak needs to be sold, the @#%&! doesn't even get headers ( the only thing he is there for ).
Closed Thread