United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2016, 04:56 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
They're about to go 11 points ahead of us, be shocked if we manage to turn that around in 3 games tbf
Where did I say theyll lose 3 in a row? All it takes is a couple of draws for the gap to be very thin again.

Already down to 8 now. We'll be 3 behind arsenal when we beat them at OT next game, werent they champions elect a week ago too?

We've had a significant slump, yet only a couple of games away from being in touch with the top teams. My point RE chelsea and liverpool is that we can turn our season around quickly and win 3 or 4 games in a row. Teams will drop points as we are seeing.

Good for them hitting top in november, means as much us being top during september international break. Interesting to see the Klopp you all mocked finally get consistency out of his positive football ideas. The signs were there last year. Imagine what he'd do with a stronger squad.

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Jez Quigley

6-1

Sturridge hit the bar too with 2 fantastic efforts, one a real goal of the month contender.

Sorry - Liverpool look the real deal for the league this year. They aren't CL winning calibre but they are a good team

Klopp has turned them round for sure.

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:08 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Where did I say theyll lose 3 in a row? All it takes is a couple of draws for the gap to be very thin again.

Already down to 8 now. We'll be 3 behind arsenal when we beat them at OT next game, werent they champions elect a week ago too?

We've had a significant slump, yet only a couple of games away from being in touch with the top teams. My point RE chelsea and liverpool is that we can turn our season around quickly and win 3 or 4 games in a row. Teams will drop points as we are seeing.

Good for them hitting top in november, means as much us being top during september international break. Interesting to see the Klopp you all mocked finally get consistency out of his positive football ideas. The signs were there last year. Imagine what he'd do with a stronger squad.
Yep. the gap only shows how quickly things can change. All is well with them now. As it is with chelsea. It wasn't always like that and it won't stay like that.

None of it matters if we're not there to capitalise on it though. I'm not arsed what they are doing unless we can start showing some consistency. Start racking up the wins and we can start looking at other teams again.

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:09 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
6-1

Sturridge hit the bar too with 2 fantastic efforts, one a real goal of the month contender.

Sorry - Liverpool look the real deal for the league this year. They aren't CL winning calibre but they are a good team

Klopp has turned them round for sure.
Klopp is a superb, positive manager. Don't think anyone can deny that.

He definitely made a mistake rushing into the Liverpool job though, it's a very, very difficult job. They are so desperate for that 27 yr old duck to end that they will probably hound him out by next season when they find out that even he can't bring that to them. Not unless they give him serious cash.

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Fergie out 89

Leicester v WBA

Robert Zieler is not wearing a poppy - daily mail @#%&!s in meltdown

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:29 PM
itisme_panaflex

£#%&!ing dippers are going to win it if city don't get consistent. What a time to be alive.

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
£#%&!ing dippers are going to win it if city don't get consistent. What a time to be alive.
Yep

It's only November and as long as we're ONLY 8 points off the top come January we'll win it......

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:50 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

It's only November and as long as we're ONLY 8 points off the top come January we'll win it......
No one has said this...

FWIW, out of the two teams in the top 4 with no european football, chelsea is the main threat.

Unread 06-11-2016, 05:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
No one has said this...

FWIW, out of the two teams in the top 4 with no european football, chelsea is the main threat.
Main threat to who?

Not us that's for sure

The dippers will be there or there abouts come may and it pains me to say it but I think they'll win it. Yes they're average, but this is the league that Leicester City won ffs, it's a bang average league

We'll be lucky (unlucky? ) to finish in the Europa league places this season.

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:00 PM
saffers

Quote:
Main threat to who?

Not us that's for sure

The dippers will be there or there abouts come may and it pains me to say it but I think they'll win it. Yes they're average, but this is the league that Leicester City won ffs, it's a bang average league

We'll be lucky (unlucky? ) to finish in the Europa league places this season.
This isnt the same league as last year. Leicester will be finishing 10th at best. Chelsea wont be 10th again and have no european football.

There are so many teams up there that you cant even say for sure who finished top 4 let alone wins the title.

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:00 PM
believe

Omg it's 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013/2014/2015*

*choose as appropriate

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Billy Redface

If we're basing it solely on what we've seen so far, you'd be mad to say Liverpool can't win.

Let's be honest, they're banging in a £#%&! load of goals week by week. They've won some big games, they're dispatching the average teams and the only genuine bad day for them was the loss at Burnley. Look at how they play too. They're ridiculously positive and full of confidence. And as Leicester proved last year, that can be enough to beat most of this league.

For all their flaws, you could look at any other potential title winner and cast similar doubts. It's far too early, far too tight and far too competitive a league to suggest that someone will definintely win it (City were going to run away with it less than three weeks ago apparently) but you'd be binkered or deluded to think this team isn't capable of winning a league currently held by Leicester City.

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
This isnt the same league as last year. Leicester will be finishing 10th at best. Chelsea wont be 10th again and have no european football.

There are so many teams up there that you cant even say for sure who finished top 4 let alone wins the title.
Whether it's the same league or not it's still a bang average league

In no particular order Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool will finish top four and although I think it'll be close Liverpool will win it IMO

We're not challenging this season pal, don't do it to yourself.

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Omg it's 2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013/2014/2015*

*choose as appropriate
I'm sure Liverpool fans were saying the same in the late 80s about us.

They'll win it again eventually and they are equipped to do it this year.

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:06 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
No one has said this...

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:06 PM
saffers

Quote:
Whether it's the same league or not it's still a bang average league

In no particular order Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool will finish top four and although I think it'll be close Liverpool will win it IMO

We're not challenging this season pal, don't do it to yourself.
People were saying chelsea were done and conte should be sacked 6 weeks ago. Reached the top of the league yesterday after being miles off it when they got tonked in successive weekends.

Way too early to say either way. Clearly liverpool with no european football will have a chance, as they did in 13/14, but there is even more competition this season. I also expect us to improve. We won for the first time today since September 24th yet if we beat arsenal(who were top last week), we go 3 points behind them....

So yeah, talking about who definitely will and who definitely wont in the first week of november is pretty silly. But if it makes you feel better to say we have no chance while liverpool will definitely win then be my guest. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Glad they are being talked up, will make the inevitable failure funnier and tastier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Just spanked us and everton 9-0, leicester 3-0 recently too, southampton away 0-2.

Forget the goals, theyre keeping clean sheets. If youre keeping clean sheets and have hazard and costa firing.....

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I'm sure Liverpool fans were saying the same in the late 80s about us.

They'll win it again eventually and they are equipped to do it this year.
I still think they are destined for at least one near miss (especially if you want to draw comparisons with pre-93 United) Would be nice to see them drop some points soon, though

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Denis Irwell

Can only see Chelsea or the berts stopping them. Right now, though, they're the only team not dropping silly points

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Can only see Chelsea or the berts stopping them. Right now, though, they're the only team not dropping silly points

It's November....

Unread 06-11-2016, 06:12 PM
atticusgrinch

The dippers win the league every November ffs.
Closed Thread