United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The shitty decisions going against us are totting up by the week. On the flip side, I can't remember a single glaring controversial decision this season, or most of last season for that matter, which directly benefited Manchester United to the point it decided a game.
The fax machine £#%&!ing up last year could be seen as benefiting us and deciding many a game

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:27 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
The fax machine £#%&!ing up last year could be seen as benefiting us and deciding many a game

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The only difference being that the odd couple of borderline decisions that benefit Manchester United are scrutinised and held up as some example of shameful bias towards them. We weren't even allowed to have a ref from Greater Manchester reffing our game without the media implying that he may be baised ffs.

The shitty decisions going against us are totting up by the week. On the flip side, I can't remember a single glaring controversial decision this season, or most of last season for that matter, which directly benefited Manchester United to the point it decided a game.
The media scrutiny is nothing new. We had it under Ferguson where it was more prevalent as it was their best way to try and topple United. They couldn't do it on the pitch. But we had the quality and character to brush it aside. Those United teams made their own luck. We haven't had that in recent years.

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:40 PM
jem

clattenburg has a history of being a @#%&!. but not in this game (until he sent herrera off). that is no reason for jose to lose it with him over a blatant dive.

the first charge was a joke, but the second one is 100% bad jose.

I hope he swears at ibra a lot too.

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:51 PM
puressence

That @#%&! clatternburg has never forgiven Utd for winning the league in 96 whilst his beloved Newcastle blew it

Tbf after that £#%&!ing Leicester 5 3 game that @#%&! clatternburg should have been struck off

Unread 01-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

but the second one is 100% bad jose.
Do we know what he's said? If not, then I don't know how anyone could possibly say a charge is deserved or not. I certainly wouldn't blindly trust Clattenburg's call based on the kind of day he was having.

Unread 01-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

since when is calling the ref out for being a cheating c*** the same as blaming him for us not scoring at home to burnley?

sometimes in football you don't score. but the referee's job is to apply the rules even-handedly and fairly regardless of circumstance.

saying that, obviously mourinho's baggage was coming with him so why the shock at united being stitched up already?

Unread 01-11-2016, 08:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Do we know what he's said? If not, then I don't know how anyone could possibly say a charge is deserved or not. I certainly wouldn't blindly trust Clattenburg's call based on the kind of day he was having.
well, clattenburg clearly claims he said something bad, which would be 100% his fault if admitted or proven. he was already jumping up and down like a monkey.

Unread 01-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Refs are supposed to be unbiased. How can a ref be allowed to hold a grudge. Clattenburg should be hung upsidedown and buggered senseless by a gorrila
Hung, drawn and Harambed.

Unread 01-11-2016, 10:22 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, clattenburg clearly claims he said something bad, which would be 100% his fault if admitted or proven. he was already jumping up and down like a monkey.
He said Ed Sheeran's music was ripped off, pop by numbers, shite.

Clatters was fuming. He's going to have another girly tattoo on his wrist to help him ease the pain.

Unread 01-11-2016, 10:30 PM
armchair

I'd accept the charge if something was done about the state of the referring in that game. If other refs are saying that when the crowd goes against him he takes it out on the homeside then there is something wrong there.

I don't think we won two penalties but he sent off a player who lost his footing and made a load of other bad decisions.

Unread 01-11-2016, 10:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'd accept the charge if something was done about the state of the referring in that game. If other refs are saying that when the crowd goes against him he takes it out on the homeside then there is something wrong there.

I don't think we won two penalties but he sent off a player who lost his footing and made a load of other bad decisions.
That was all after Mourinho lost the rag at him though.

Unread 01-11-2016, 10:35 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That was all after Mourinho lost the rag at him though.
No. He made bad decisions all game and once the crowd got on his back he made even more. He didn't start off great and go to shit.

Mark Clattenburg gives nothing to a side once their fans turn against him... and Manchester United paid the price against Burnley in the Premier League
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ainst-him.html

Unread 01-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Ah well, if Clattenburg said it....

Unread 01-11-2016, 11:27 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Ah well, I'd Clattenburg said it....
I'm sure you would.

Unread 01-11-2016, 11:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
No. He made bad decisions all game and once the crowd got on his back he made even more. He didn't start off great and go to shit.

Mark Clattenburg gives nothing to a side once their fans turn against him... and Manchester United paid the price against Burnley in the Premier League
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ainst-him.html
Bullied by an Old Trafford crowd, well that's a first

Unread 02-11-2016, 12:49 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
The media scrutiny is nothing new. We had it under Ferguson where it was more prevalent as it was their best way to try and topple United. They couldn't do it on the pitch. But we had the quality and character to brush it aside. Those United teams made their own luck. We haven't had that in recent years.
increasing prevalence of decisions against United rather than for easily pre-dates the end of fergies time.

this is for both flow of the game decisions and big/defining decisions. same pattern for disciplinary decisions as well.

I'm sure someone has the stats to back this up. but again, these are not the sort of patterns the media tend to shout about in its analysis of United.

Unread 02-11-2016, 01:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
increasing prevalence of decisions against United rather than for easily pre-dates the end of fergies time.

this is for both flow of the game decisions and big/defining decisions. same pattern for disciplinary decisions as well.

I'm sure someone has the stats to back this up. but again, these are not the sort of patterns the media tend to shout about in its analysis of United.
not stats. but.... f.a. cup qf v portsmouth no red, no pens, sf v everton no pen, final v chelsea giggs goal ruled out; league v chelsea at stamford bridge phantom foul by fletch, push on resultant free kick cross from which scored.... at o.t., chelsea's miles offside goal..... that rio penalty v newcastle..... you will only hear about the goal spurs scored, though (and not the penalty we should have had). that was just stream of consciousness (did it show?) off the top of my head without even thinking about it.

I bet if someone (not howard webb) just impartially reviewed games officiated by martin atkinson and clattenburg, the football world would collapse.
Closed Thread