United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:03 PM
jem

clattenburg is a @#%&!. mourinho is a @#%&!.

neither cost us the game.

unless you count coaching, team selection and subbing mata on 70.

mourinho deserves to be fined for being a sweary mard-arsed little whiner. still. same as he was at chelsea. he should have been shouting at darmian for diving.

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
That's different. SAF often had good reason to fight but knew when and where to fight his battles.

Don't recall Fergie getting sent to the stand whilst we failed to beat the likes of Burnley too much. Certainly not this early in a season and certainly not when a quarter of the way through the season we are 8 points behind the leaders.

Extrapolate that and we'll finish 32 points behind the Champs this year.

Sorry but Jose has let us all down with a ref issue so early in the season against a team of UFC Jeremy Stephens.
I have no idea what that last sentence means.

But the bit in bold - do you think you might just be over-reacting a tad?

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Jez Quigley

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Me? Over-reacting? NEVER! I HATE YOU SPARKY

Oh the last sentence? Jeremy Stephens was the guy involved when Conor McGregor said 'Who the £#%&! is that guy?'

Basically trying to imply Jose shouldn't be shooting his anti-ref bolt against a bunch of nobodies at home.

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Seen any good right backs lately pal?

No - because you're an SMELLY POO!!

Go and take your underpants off your head and go and cheer on Jose acting like a Sunday League Dad whilst Klopp, Potch, Wenger etc. all stretch their points gap over us

Unread 01-11-2016, 04:57 PM
red in cumbria

I know what Jez is trying to say and maybe even sort of agree, but maybe this wasn't the best time

Clattenburg's performance on Saturday was appalling on any vaguely rational assessment. Not of course the first time he has £#%&!ed us over either.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Extrapolation is to estimate future outcomes using current trends.

We are 8 points behind after 10 games.

The season is 38 games.

10 x 3.8 = 38
8 x 3.8 = 30.4

Decimal figures are no use in the context of a league table. Therefore you can round up to the nearest whole number.

8 x 4 = 32.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we all know football is not played on paper or a stats sheet. You cannot quantify form. 8 points can be made up in a few weeks. It can go up rather quickly too. The current trend will not remain this whole way.

Now to go back to football - 5 years ago being 6-8 points was within reach because a) it was Ferguson's United and b) we were at worst 3rd in the league. Now there are a number of times ahead of us (watford ). You can count on one, two at a stretch three teams to all flounder while we surge but it's fanciful.

Giggs said after Anfield where we got our point that you have to then go on and build on it. We haven't and that point doesn't look so impressive anymore.

Hence don't bother looking at the league table. Take each game as it comes and see what happens from there.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I know what Jez is trying to say and maybe even sort of agree, but maybe this wasn't the best time

Clattenburg's performance on Saturday was appalling on any vaguely rational assessment. Not of course the first time he has £#%&!ed us over either.
I think it's because I couldn't see the game and only caught it on MOTD, which as we know is a poor substitute

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Clarkie

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, Mourinho just reacted to the decision, like every other manager would.....I don't recall him stepping out of line..

Clattenburg is the real @#%&! here. I £#%&!ing hate him, the posing #@&%!.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Correct me if I'm wrong here but, Mourinho just reacted to the decision, like every other manager would.....I don't recall him stepping out of line..

Clattenburg is the real @#%&! here. I £#%&!ing hate him, the posing #@&%!.
I saw a story on the world wide web that said JM waited for MC in the OT tunnel. Bit OTT IMHO.

A delayed flounce is worse than an insta-flounce and JM, instead of spending his time rallying the troops, fannied about like a gardener.

I'm Team Jose but this was a wasted tantrum. The Jose who cried wolf.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
I saw a story on the world wide web that said JM waited for MC in the OT tunnel. Bit OTT IMHO.

A delayed flounce is worse than an insta-flounce and JM, instead of spending his time rallying the troops, fannied about like a gardener.

Yeah, according the BBC, it was the confrontation in the tunnel that caused it.

Should have just called him a @#%&!, dropped the head on him & walked away.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

Clattenburg has form when it comes to us. I'll never forgive or forget the THREE penalty decisions at OT and red card against Liverpool. He's an absolute tosser of the highest order.....The "Oh look at me, I'm a hard man and I can take you" look he gave to Pepe, during the CL final, was sickening...He always has to have the attention on him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Yeah, according the BBC, it was the confrontation in the tunnel that caused it.

Should have just called him a @#%&!, dropped the head and ran away.
Fixed for you

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Fat Al

Isn't he the one with tattoos on his arm of the major finals he's reffed?

Just how badly was he bullied at school?

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Isn't he the one with tattoos on his arm of the major finals he's reffed?

Just how badly was he bullied at school?
Badly bullied, the utter @#%&!!

He has tattoos of two or three major matches he's reffed. Also, Klopp, Guardiola and a few others were arguing with the linesman/4th official recently, Pardew had a go at a referee and his appointment yet, the FA will let them away with it...But, dare question Clattenburg and he will go to town on the club he hates the most. The inconsistency of the FA is insane

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Buck

Quote:
Clattenburg has form when it comes to us. I'll never forgive or forget the THREE penalty decisions at OT and red card against Liverpool. He's an absolute tosser of the highest order.....The "Oh look at me, I'm a hard man and I can take you" look he gave to Pepe, during the CL final, was sickening...He always has to have the attention on him

Fixed for you
Made some bad calls in our favour in the Cup Final tbf mate.

All modern refs are much of a muchness. The performance was good if not the result and if we keep improving using that performance as a benchmark the referee's influence will be lessened since the players will be fulfilling their jobs.

Unread 01-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Made some bad calls in our favour in the Cup Final tbf mate.
Tbf though, why wasn't he called out on that?

Players, managers, CEOs and even owners are called out and put under the spotlight for their performances and are roundly criticised by the absolute vultures in the media and in the studio yet, referees get away with it. Nothing is said about them. Even those who make the biggest mistakes, in the biggest games, get away with it

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:

The season is 38 games.

10 x 3.8 = 38
8 x 3.8 = 30.4

Decimal figures are no use in the context of a league table. Therefore you can round up to the nearest whole number.

8 x 4 = 32.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we all know football is not played on paper or a stats sheet. You cannot quantify form. 8 points can be made up in a few weeks. It can go up rather quickly too. The current trend will not remain this whole way.

Now to go back to football - 5 years ago being 6-8 points was within reach because a) it was Ferguson's United and b) we were at worst 3rd in the league. Now there are a number of times ahead of us (watford ). You can count on one, two at a stretch three teams to all flounder while we surge but it's fanciful.

Giggs said after Anfield where we got our point that you have to then go on and build on it. We haven't and that point doesn't look so impressive anymore.

Hence don't bother looking at the league table. Take each game as it comes and see what happens from there.

I think Sparky knows what 'extrapolate' means, it was the UFC shit underneath that has him and the rest of us confused but thanks for explaining that Buckers.

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:01 PM
dragflick

Quote:

The season is 38 games.

10 x 3.8 = 38
8 x 3.8 = 30.4

8 x 4 = 32.

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Billy Redface

Two charges in a week.

Not bad for someone who doesn't care, needs to smile more and who could just walk away if results carry on like this.

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Buck

Quote:
Tbf though, why wasn't he called out on that?

Players, managers, CEOs and even owners are called out and put under the spotlight for their performances and are roundly criticised by the absolute vultures in the media and in the studio yet, referees get away with it. Nothing is said about them. Even those who make the biggest mistakes, in the biggest games, get away with it
I agree. They're held to no accountability. My point is because they're all shit at their jobs, decisions will come around. Human error will always occur but the current lot are consistently making bad calls. There is a deeper problem here.

Ok we didn't get a decision on Saturday but with 37 shots you shouldn't have to rely on the ref. The game should have been won without his influence. At some point we'll be under the cosh and get a call in our favour which turns the game around.

That can be applied to every single club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes

I think Sparky knows what 'extrapolate' means, it was the UFC shit underneath that has him and the rest of us confused but thanks for explaining that Buckers.

Unread 01-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I agree. They're held to no accountability. My point is because they're all shit at their jobs, decisions will come around. Human error will always occur but the current lot are consistently making bad calls. There is a deeper problem here.

Ok we didn't get a decision on Saturday but with 37 shots you shouldn't have to rely on the ref. The game should have been won without his influence. At some point we'll be under the cosh and get a call in our favour which turns the game around.

That can be applied to every single club.

The only difference being that the odd couple of borderline decisions that benefit Manchester United are scrutinised and held up as some example of shameful bias towards them. We weren't even allowed to have a ref from Greater Manchester reffing our game without the media implying that he may be baised ffs.

The shitty decisions going against us are totting up by the week. On the flip side, I can't remember a single glaring controversial decision this season, or most of last season for that matter, which directly benefited Manchester United to the point it decided a game.
Closed Thread