United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Buck

Default Schweinsteiger

Get him back into the squad.

This group of players is devoid of leadership and goes to pieces far too easily. We have a World Cup winning captain on the books. Sure he will not be the midfield general of his younger years but he can definitely play the holding role to allow the likes of Pogba to play their game. He's the experienced head who will put his foot on the ball and keep things under control.

Retired from internationals too. Fully focused on United...I can see a renaissance coming. Mourinho should swallow his pride.

Unread 23-10-2016, 11:37 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Get him back into the squad.

This group of players is devoid of leadership and goes to pieces far too easily. We have a World Cup winning captain on the books. Sure he will not be the midfield general of his younger years but he can definitely play the holding role to allow the likes of Pogba to play their game. He's the experienced head who will put his foot on the ball and keep things under control.

Retired from internationals too. Fully focused on United...I can see a renaissance coming. Mourinho should swallow his pride.

jesus
£#%&!ing
wept

Unread 23-10-2016, 11:45 PM
jem

schweini should, of course, be considered. however, he is not a holding midfielder.

Unread 24-10-2016, 12:19 AM
Jethro

He £#%&!ed up last season, but he doesn't deserve this treatment

Unread 24-10-2016, 12:32 AM
Iron Fist

Oh £#%&! off. As if he's the answer to our midfield problems.

Chubby Schweini blowing out of his arse after 45 mins, trying to do the work of two men. No thanks.

Schweinsteiger
Fellaini
Young
Depay
Darmian
Schneidelein
Rooney
Jones

All need to be got rid off either in Janury or the Summer. No point messing around, a high turnover of players is required with new ones coming in who can actually do what is asked of them by the coaching staff. Tempted to add Blind and Smalling to that list after today.

Unread 24-10-2016, 12:52 AM
utd99

No way Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger are worse midfielders than Fellaini. No £#%&!ing way.

Unread 24-10-2016, 04:41 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No way Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger are worse midfielders than Fellaini. No £#%&!ing way.
I'd forgotten Schneiderlin played for us.

Unread 24-10-2016, 05:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'd forgotten Schneiderlin played for us.
The squad is strangely bloated.

Unread 24-10-2016, 08:41 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yep

That midfield needs some leadership as it's all over the shop at the moment

Either Carrick or Basti need to play to give some control and leadership in that position
Clearly neither are the long term answer but we need a short term solution for the time being otherwise we are getting no where near the top 4 this season

Why does Jose continue to pick players in the holding midfield role who are not holding midfielders
Pissing me off now

Unread 24-10-2016, 08:45 AM
puressence

as good as carrick and should be rotated with him for a presence in the team shame bailly is injured could have put blind in his natural position ........god I hate footballl

Unread 24-10-2016, 09:10 AM
andyroo

Hardly as dumb an idea as the continued attempts to rehabilitate Fellaini.

Unread 24-10-2016, 09:13 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Hardly as dumb an idea as the continued attempts to rehabilitate Fellaini.
Mourinho after the Southampton match

Quote:
"With Fellaini I always have the feeling that he was not loved by the general Red people," Mourinho said. "But, if he plays like he’s playing now, they have to love him because he’s being so important for us."
Sorry Jose but us Red people still £#%&!ing hate him

Schweinsteiger might have a fat arse but at least he can play football

Unread 24-10-2016, 11:01 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Mourinho after the Southampton match

Sorry Jose but us Red people still £#%&!ing hate him

Schweinsteiger might have a fat arse but at least he can play football
Correct. Jose hasn't watched him as often as we have. Don't make us unleash that gif again Mr Mourinho.

Unread 24-10-2016, 11:04 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Correct. Jose hasn't watched him as often as we have. Don't make us unleash that gif again Mr Mourinho.
There's probably a gif or two of Pogba doing something similar by now

Unread 24-10-2016, 01:34 PM
atticusgrinch

It couldn't be any more obvious that the midfield should be Schweinsteiger sitting with Hererra on the right and Pogba on the left. I've genuinely got no idea why Mourinho persists in playing Fellaini.

Nor how Smalling is captain with his squeaky voice rather that the guy who was captain of the world champions.

Absolutely bizarre.

Unread 24-10-2016, 01:35 PM
redhegemony

Imagine how unfit he must be...

Unread 24-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Imagine how unfit he must be...
He's walking round parks every £#%&!ing day. Reckon we could get a 10 minute cameo out of him. Imaging the pointing

Unread 24-10-2016, 01:38 PM
dunk

Mate, Schweini's legs have gone, he's out of shape and out of time. He was crap last year, now he's older and not played for United since about March. He's gone.

Unread 24-10-2016, 01:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It couldn't be any more obvious that the midfield should be Schweinsteiger sitting with Hererra on the right and Pogba on the left. I've genuinely got no idea why Mourinho persists in playing Fellaini.

Nor how Smalling is captain with his squeaky voice rather that the guy who was captain of the world champions.

Absolutely bizarre.
your midfield might work with valencia, carrick and tfm playing midfield behind them. schweini is not a sitting midfielder (any more than herrera is, despite his motm performances); he is an attacking midfielder.... like pogba and herrera and mata and mkhitaryan and lingard.... and everyone else who gets lobbed into our unbalanced sort-of-a-midfield.

obviously, schweini would be better than fellaini in any role. £#%&!ing memphis would probably a better defensive midfielder than fellaini. ok, maybe not. I bet schweini would be a better manager than mourinho, though. might be worth a go for the rest of the season.

Unread 24-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He's walking round parks every £#%&!ing day. Reckon we could get a 10 minute cameo out of him. Imaging the pointing
His instagram is horrible, like a divorced dad dropping subbies at his wife...

"Just over here, in the Autumn leaves, thinking"
#metime
Closed Thread