United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
They're supposed to have rolling lower tiers, like the Stade de France, but for some reason they've still got to do this £#%&!y scaffolding effort. Hundreds of millions of pounds spent on it and it still looks cheap as £#%&!
It's not finished

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:37 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The £#%&! are those seats down the bottom there for?

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Lok

Apparently it can be transformed from Football layout to Athletics in less than a day.

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing hell what are the odds of some dippy fans getting over excited after a goal and falling over the edge of that?

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:40 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqk6IepLdKc

Apparently it can be transformed from Football layout to Athletics in less than a day.
Optimus Prime would be £#%&!ed

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:46 PM
20 times

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell what are the odds of some dippy fans getting over excited after a goal and falling over the edge of that?
Fingers crossed sparkers

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:47 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
on the off chance of a surprise event?

Why not use the clubs colours for the plastic or match the shade of green with the grass.

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:49 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Looks £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:56 PM
MrBishi

They were all right afterwards

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:21 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Used to love a trip to Upton Park (£#%&! off boleyn ground) proper old school ground. Only Anfield and Goodison left of that ilk now. That said I think it look's pretty smart tbh.

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Sparky***

Anyway, on a similar subject, I dropped someone off by what used to be Highbury stadium last week. It's now apartments but the east and west stands were listed so they remain on the outside completely untouched.

I managed to get inside the apartment complex and take a quick video standing on what would have been goal infront of the north bank. The stand to my right is the East stand and the grass used in the gardens is actually from the old pitch.

https://vid.me/yDm7

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
On the plus side, theyre ao far away from the pitch the @#%&! in the united squad wont fold due to a "hostile atmosphere". Expect west ham away to be an easy win
Last spring was actually our only league defeat there since 1992.

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Anyway, on a similar subject, I dropped someone off by what used to be Highbury stadium last week. It's now apartments but the east and west stands were listed so they remain on the outside completely untouched.

I managed to get inside the apartment complex and take a quick video standing on what would have been goal infront of the north bank. The stand to my right is the East stand and the grass used in the gardens is actually from the old pitch.

Looks outside...

The vid is it a prison garden ?

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Looks outside...

The vid is it a prison garden ?
mental inside isn't it. Looks like the raptor enclosure in jurassic park

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:47 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:

Beautiful facade outside

Looks a bit different than when I was on the pitch in '85.

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Buck

Highbury was a nice ground. Emirates is completely soulless and corporate. I liked the old school grounds where you were close in to the pitch but all these new ones contribute to poor atmospheres by design as much as the people who come in.

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
mental inside isn't it. Looks like the raptor enclosure in jurassic park
It's £#%&!ing vile.....

They should of left it opened out.....

One of the worst gardens I've ever seen...

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Sparky***

The marble halls are still there, in the reception of the East Stand apartments, along with the bust of Herbert Chapman.

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:56 PM
dunk

Be shit living there if you were a Spurs fan.

Unread 05-08-2016, 12:00 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqk6IepLdKc

Is that a world record?
Closed Thread