United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Switching Off

Football Mourinho Press Conference - Brighton away

Quote:
“The truth is we [Pogba & Mourinho] are together for two years and a couple of weeks and I’ve never been so happy with him as I am now, that’s the truth. I cannot demand more from him, I cannot ask more from him, he came here on a Monday [last week], trained three days – I asked for his support for his contribution in an important match for us when the team had difficulties.

“He did it better [than I hoped] and for more time than we could expect [before being substituted]. When he says he did it for the fans and for the team that is exactly what I want, exactly what I demand from my players. He’s working well, playing well, he does it for the fans, he does it for the team and that’s what I want, to play for the team and I couldn’t be happier than what I am."
Asked specifically about Pogba’s claim regarding being fined, Mourinho said:
Quote:
“I don’t care. I repeat: I want him to play well, I want him to [do] for that team, the fans, and that is what it is. He’s working extremely well here but I have to say in his defence, write what you want about him, me, please don’t say lies.

“Don’t put him in a situation that people can think he’s not a polite, educated guy, he is. He never had a fight with me. We never had a warm [heated] exchange of words, everything is respected, I have no problems at all.

“You have to ask Paul [about the fine comments]. I’m here for two years and a couple of months and the only player that was fined was Anthony Martial. So it is not easy to be fined here, so you have to ask him. I’m not going to ask him. I want him to work the way he is doing and play the way he is doing and that’s all that matters.”
Quote:
“I am very confident [Pogba will play well on Sunday] but if he doesn’t that’s football. If he doesn’t that’s football. If his objective is to play for the team, for the fans, if this is the objective - he has the right of a bad match, everybody has a bad day and has little ups and downs in the performance level.

“Going back to the question is he the captain? No. Antonio Valencia. Last season we thought he should before the game against Basel. We thought young guy but good personality, made in the academy, normally a starting line-up player - he has conditions to be captain in the future, and in the [thinking] of this he was the captain and will be the captain again. But when Antonio comes back he will be the captain.
Quote:
“I don’t think Darmian will go, and he cannot have any bad feeling towards us because we opened the door for him in case his desire was to go. But it looks like it’s not going to end in a transfer and for me is good news that Matteo is staying. He’s always an option for us, a reliable player, we know that his performance level is that one, we know he always does a job for the team. He’s loved in the group for his human nature, too.”

Unread 17-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

no shots fired

Unread 17-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I think Lingard will be available. Matic and Valencia they are training with the team since yesterday, fully fit but not yet to play or even to be selected, I think. And that’s it.

Apart from that, of course some of the boys are in a better condition, some of them before Leicester trained three days and after this good long working week they are in a better condition.

Looking to it, three months ago we lost there, we lost 1-0, great coach, Chris, good players, good team, beautiful stadium but diff to play, they know how to play, they kept the same team, bought a few new players, the style is the same and the fact they lost the first match they are working for a reaction, to improve their game, so diff match for us but we are confident, the training was really really good all week.

Unread 17-08-2018, 04:05 PM
MartialLaw

I think that confims who won the "power struggle" at united.

Unread 17-08-2018, 04:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
I think that confims who won the "power struggle" at united.
That's what I've just said, pal.

Keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Indeed.

I’m actually cringing for him just reading it, not sure I can actually watch the video
Pogba will be taking his lunch money next week. Mou willingly handing it over without as much as a struggle.

Sad to see. An early flounce is his only option now. The players will be laughing behind his back...

Respect, if there was any in the dressing room, well and truly gone...

Unread 17-08-2018, 04:42 PM
ScarFace

Today's presser reminded me of the undercarriage camera angle.

Unread 17-08-2018, 05:42 PM
red in cumbria

This is what most of you were asking our manager to do a few days ago, FFS

Unread 17-08-2018, 05:43 PM
plopborsky

I just want to watch the games

Unread 17-08-2018, 05:45 PM
TheFatGoth

Dead mou walking nqat

Unread 17-08-2018, 05:57 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I just want to watch the games
The pressers are more entertaining.

Unread 17-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Whip Hubley

Hold on

So it seems people are presuming there was definitely a bust up between Pogba and Mourinho.

If there was, and Mourinho has basically run off with his tail between his legs, how is that good for the club? More player power? Brilliant

Really questioning if there was a bust up in the first place tbh. I have no idea what Pogba's pithy comments were referring to and I couldn't give a shit. Sick of the guy.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

He's completely capitulated to pogba. Very interesting.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Drexl

Mou mou has absolutely executed a perfect exploitation of chapters 4 and 6 of The Art Of War by Sun Tzu here. Poetry in motion tbh

Any minute now, the cobra will strike. Pogs will probs never be able to dance ever again. So be it.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:28 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Mou mou has absolutely executed a perfect exploitation of chapters 4 and 6 of The Art Of War by Sun Tzu here. Poetry in motion tbh

Any minute now, the cobra will strike. Pogs will probs never be able to dance ever again. So be it.
Guilty feet have got no rhythm.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
the bigger picture is coming into focus. My mind is blown

Unread 17-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Unread 17-08-2018, 11:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
This.

Gone by October...

Pogba player/manager/director/mascot by November...

Unread 18-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Cream

Are we just going to gloss over the fact he confirmed Martial had been fined?

Iron fist in a velvet glove.

Unread 18-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Wellinever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Are we just going to gloss over the fact he confirmed Martial had been fined?

Iron fist in a velvet glove.
Can't have come as a surprise really, was if for not coming back after the baby was born, not following the manager's instructions, (really) speaking to the press...What?

The Pogba v Mourhino, saga, suspect its all about money, the agent trying to get Pogba same deal as Sanchez, it will all end when the overseas window closes and the transfer pressure will go away, at least until January, if not settled by then expect round 2.
Closed Thread