United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Without pogba, I’d take a draw. In an attacking sense, we’re pretty shit without him. He seems to be turning into a bit of a robson in terms of how much those around him miss him when he’s out the team. Seems to be the leader at the club, so it doesn’t help when he pisses off to America.
Back on Friday..... bench on Wednesday.....start on Sunday?

Unread 28-10-2017, 11:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He seems to be turning into a bit of a robson in terms of how much those around him miss him when he’s out the team.
yeah, but..... no.

Unread 28-10-2017, 11:45 PM
waynes ear's

we'll £#%&!ing smash Chelsea

Unread 28-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
we'll £#%&!ing smash Chelsea
Drinking again?

Unread 28-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Fat Al

Once we get Pogba & Zlat back - it's SMASHING time.

Unread 28-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Drinking again?
Another away game we'll 'smash' despite 25 years of results suggesting otherwise.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:06 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Drinking again?
no mate.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Another away game we'll 'smash' despite 25 years of results suggesting otherwise.
In my 30 years of following United we’ve smashed Chelsea at Stamford bridge on precisely 3 occasions. None of those were against post Roman ££ chelsea.

4-1 in 1995
5-3 in the FA Cup in 1998
3-0 in 2002

That’s it.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:12 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
In my 30 years of following United we’ve smashed Chelsea at Stamford bridge on precisely 3 occasions. None of those were against post Roman a chelsea.

4-1 in 1995
3-0 in 2002

That’s it.
You're about the same age as me.

So the same, yeah.

Just like Anfield two weeks ago. We're generally shit there and don't score many.

Hadn't scored 3 there in 20 years. Haven't won by three clear goals at Anfield in my lifetime.

There's a YouTube clip over on the Park thread of us in peak form, killing Arsenal back in 2008 when we had the best player in the world scoring 42 goals in one season.

We won 1-0 at Anfield and lost 2-1 at Stamford bridge that year.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:13 AM
Denis Irwell

As long as we’ve learned from Hazard throwing himself on the floor last time, no reason we can’t get three points.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
As long as we’ve learned from Hazard throwing himself on the floor last time, no reason we can’t get three points.
I certainly fancy Jose v Conte.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I certainly fancy Jose v Conte.
Hope he gouges his eyes

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:30 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
I'm sure we have. The refs still haven't cottoned on to the diving little shit though.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:36 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
yup, the sooner he leaves Real and comes and plays for us the better.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I'm sure we have. The refs still haven't cottoned on to the diving little shit though.
Doubt they ever will when they play us. With media hounding them for any favourable decision decision we get.

£#%&!ing Sherwood yesterday. Bitter no mark @#%&!. They’re all running with the “negative long ball Jose” narrative whilst we have our midfield missing. Kane would’ve made all the difference, though. Jose come to OT and suddenly becomes a negative manager. Never was at Chelsea.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Doubt they ever will when they play us. With media hounding them for any favourable decision decision we get.

£#%&!ing Sherwood yesterday. Bitter no mark @#%&!. They’re all running with the “negative long ball Jose” narrative whilst we have our midfield missing. Kane would’ve made all the difference, though. Jose come to OT and suddenly becomes a negative manager. Never was at Chelsea.
Pogba's missed nearly a 5th of the season and it barely warrants a mention. Harry Kane's missing for one game and it's all they talked about for half an hour before the game and suddenly that's an excuse for Spurs not to play a striker until the 70th minute.

Yeah but negative Jose blah blah blah. Not Jose's fault that Mkhitaryan is getting shitter by the week, Lukaku has the touch and finesse of Frankenstein's monster and Herrera has now morphed into the Spanish Tom Cleverley.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:46 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Pogba's missed nearly a 5th of the season and it barely warrants a mention. Harry Kane's missing for one game and it's all they talked about for half an hour before the game and suddenly that's an excuse for Spurs not to play a striker until the 70th minute.

Yeah but negative Jose blah blah blah. Not Jose's fault that Mkhitaryan is getting shitter by the week, Lukaku has the touch and finesse of Frankenstein's monster and Herrera has now morphed into the Spanish Tom Cleverley.
Gary linekar mentioned that Kane was missing while introducing the game on MOTD

I'm sorry, isn't that the job of the commentator in the first few seconds when the teams are shown?

He would have made the difference though. What with his excellent record at Old Trafford.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
In my 30 years of following United we’ve smashed Chelsea at Stamford bridge on precisely 3 occasions. None of those were against post Roman ££ chelsea.

4-1 in 1995
3-0 in 2002

That’s it.
Wasn't one of the 92/93/94 seasons where we only lost twice in the league and it was to Chelsea home and away...Gavin Pea#@&%!?

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Wasn't one of the 92/93/94 seasons where we only lost twice in the league and it was to Chelsea home and away...Gavin Pea#@&%!?
93/94

yes lost 1-0 home and away

then @#%&!ted them 4-0 in the fa cup final. (should have put that in my list, actually)

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:56 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Wasn't one of the 92/93/94 seasons where we only lost twice in the league and it was to Chelsea home and away...Gavin Peac**k?
We lost other games too. Blackburn and Wimbledon away, i think.

It's strange, I can remember around 1990 to 1999 all very clearly. After that, seasons tend to mesh in to one.
Closed Thread