United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:20 PM
puressence

Default fringe players should take a look at super darren fletcher and think ......

£#%&! if i put effort in maybe i could become more of a player in the team .............. inm £#%&! buzzing of fletch tonite

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:22 PM
TreeFiddy

It's not effort. It's belief. Fletcher began to believe that he belonged there tonight mixing it with Europe's best. And once that happened he started to shine and he grew in confidence. Remarkable performance from a player that to be honest has looked terrible on many ocassions. He's improved this season and was very good against Roma but tonight was different class. No idea if he can keep it up but I hope so.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:22 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
It's not effort. It's belief. Fletcher began to believe that he belonged there tonight mixing it with Europe's best. And once that happened he started to shine and he grew in confidence. Remarkable performance from a player that to be honest has looked terrible on many ocassions. He's improved this season and was very good against Roma but tonight was different class. No idea if he can keep it up but I hope so.
the last two games in europe he has shone above all the players ...

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I'm a bit worried for my sanity - I've slated the guy (although thought for a brief while last year he might be a player after all & then quickly changed it back...) but he's been superb in these two

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:37 PM
gigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He " bossed " the midfield against the dippers at home too.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Tiberian

It has not just been workrate, Phil Neville style, he has played with intelligence, maturity and has taken responsibility. If he can keep us that a consistent level he will have a good chance of being a Utd player for a lot longer.

What the 2 games have shown is that he is a far better player in the center of midfield.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Prideofalleurope

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:46 PM
steve-07

Fletcher > P Neville

NFT

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:48 PM
borsuk

Default fletcher clearly has the talent

if he can find the consistency. he's actually had a very good season: excellent at the start, dip in form in the middle, now back to a very high level, including some very impressive performances out of position covering for neville.

the thing that gives me most hope for fletcher is that he consistently plays well against good sides. against liverpool, against roma, against milan, against the arse in the cup final, getting the winner against chelsea...

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Ed Sullivan

and the fickle nature of football comes around to haunt us

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US!

Feltcher in!

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:57 PM
TreeFiddy

I don't think any fans can be blamed for doubting Fletcher's ability. I personally just call it how I see it. I'll tell it how it is when he plays poorly and I'll give him credit when he plays outstandingly like he did tonight. It's up to Fletcher himself to decide whether he's in our good books or not.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:59 PM
ONESMARTBADGER

I have slated Fletch as much as any man on here over the last 2 and a half years.

All I can say after tonight is....well done lad, you've stepped up and proven all of us wrong this season (in general )

Vision, composure, passing and the most important thing he ALWAYS lacked ....HEART. well done fella, never thought I'd say it.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Istari

I've always viewed Fletcher as the ginger stepchild of the team but for all the stick he's got, he has put in a few VERY good performances of late. He seems to have a lot more confidence in both the physical side of his game and his use of the ball.

What's also helped is that he's been showing for the ball a lot more now too. Long may it continue. Pay homage to The Scottish Player

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:25 PM
programmes?

Err, can I just say, Darren, that I never doubted your ability. Experience and strength was what was lacking. Now you are getting both, people can see your talents shining through.

Yes, he may have been a bit "headless chicken" at times, but running and energy has always been his game.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:38 PM
rebelcountyred

His poorest displays have been when he has been played out wide, he is not nor ever has been that type of a player, play him in the centre and he plays his best football.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:49 PM
TreeFiddy

Quite right rebel. He's not a wide player and never will be. He has only ever been effective in the centre and that's the only place he should play. He was decent at right back though.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

I hate to say I told you so...

But I told you so

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:51 PM
koppas

Fletcher was immense tonight. Must've text every to tell them.

Fair £#%&!in play to the lad.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:55 PM
jem's kind streak

Default he's still

the £#%&!ing poor man's hargreaves. just because he hasn't been a total training cone.... we're desperate, you know.

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Terry Silver

After Pompey, and with Hargreaves due in the summer, Fletcher knew he was drinking in the last-chance Saloon...

The way he has reacted to that has amazed me. Before this month the only game I could recall him bossing was the Cup Semi against Arsenal a few years back...

Hopefully he has pulled his finger out once and for all...
Closed Thread