Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2016, 08:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Stoke will get something here

#yhihf
Yes, they got a goal. Shame about conceding 4, but you can't have everything.

Unread 27-12-2016, 09:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You know when I typed "we battered them but failed to take our chances", what did you think I meant by that?

I only say that because what you've written is essentially just reiterating what I said.

My point was that this United team struggles to convert their chances, which is absolutely spot on for the most part, I don't think anyone would disagree with me. Unfortunately you don't get bonus points for creating chances and failing to take them, so all this "we should be in X place in the table if it wasn't for the fact we drew" is just RAWK-esque par league shite.

United are heading very slowly in the right direction but everybody just needs to put their c**ks away and take each game as it comes. They're still in 6th ffs.

agreed it is very concerning re the amount of missed chances even on our recent winning run we are missing shitloads...West Brom and yesterday ffs we should have had 6 or 7 yesterday

but at least the defence looks more solid and hopefully some team is going to get a proper shoeing ....Saturday would be a good place to start in that regard

Unread 27-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
agreed it is very concerning re the amount of missed chances even on our recent winning run we are missing shitloads...West Brom and yesterday ffs we should have had 6 or 7 yesterday

but at least the defence looks more solid and hopefully some team is going to get a proper shoeing ....Saturday would be a good place to start in that regard
You see that's where I disagree. There were times yesterday in the first half where they were all over the place. One hoofed long ball and they were in on goal.

I think that defence is a catastrophe waiting to happen, they just happen to have the luxury of playing against a succession of extremely unambitious, negative teams in Sunderland, West Brom, Palace, Spurs and even Everton to an extent.

Wait until they go away to West Ham and have to play Liverpool we'll see what's what.

Unread 27-12-2016, 09:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
You see that's where I disagree. There were times yesterday in the first half where they were all over the place. One hoofed long ball and they were in on goal.

I think that defence is a catastrophe waiting to happen, they just happen to have the luxury of playing against a succession of extremely unambitious, negative teams in Sunderland, West Brom, Palace, Spurs and even Everton to an extent.

Wait until they go away to West Ham and have to play Liverpool we'll see what's what.
one goal conceded in 5 games including against a Palace side who have scored more than any other team other than the top 4 and a Spurs side who are above us

but West £#%&!ing Ham will be a bigger test....Jones has been great but I thought he was back to his worst yesterday

how do you feel about the midfield btw...are they shit too.....he should rest big Mike on Saturday and save him for the cockneys

Unread 27-12-2016, 09:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Unfortunately you don't get bonus points for creating chances and failing to take them, so all this "we should be in X place in the table if it wasn't for the fact we drew" is just RAWK-esque par league shite.
This. Surprised seasoned football-watchers can't see this tbh. Every team in every season can say 'if only we'd won or drawn this or that'. It's meaningless.

Unread 27-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
one goal conceded in 5 games including against a Palace side who have scored more than any other team other than the top 4 and a Spurs side who are above us

but West £#%&!ing Ham will be a bigger test....Jones has been great but I thought he was back to his worst yesterday

how do you feel about the midfield btw...are they shit too.....he should rest big Mike on Saturday and save him for the cockneys
They are decent enough. They do Rely very heavily on Carrick to do most of the ugly stuff as it seems Pogba and Herrera aren't really that interested or good at tracking runners or defending. They are getting better, however, but there's still times when United look extremely vulnerable when teams play direct down the middle.

And Crystal Palace are shit, they have been shit for ages and they have the worst points return for the entire year in all 4 divisions. Their manager has just been sacked for a reason. They are the kind of team that United of 5-6 years ago would have stuck 4 past without breaking sweat.

Unread 27-12-2016, 09:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
They are decent enough. They do Rely very heavily on Carrick to do most of the ugly stuff as it seems Pogba and Herrera aren't really that interested or good at tracking runners or defending. They are getting better, however, but there's still times when United look extremely vulnerable when teams play direct down the middle.

And Crystal Palace are shit, they have been shit for ages and they have the worst points return for the entire year in all 4 divisions. Their manager has just been sacked for a reason. They are the kind of team that United of 5-6 years ago would have stuck 4 past without breaking sweat.
agreed on Palace ...just being contrary....but I still think that Palace win given all that happened that night was the spark we needed to get our season in gear.....need Carrick to stay fit, but Pogba now looking like the player we hoped he would be

Unread 27-12-2016, 11:37 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Van Gaal was last year mate
Nothing wrong with what he's said there pal. We weren't really unlucky in those draws. We didn't take our chances. That's on us.

The draws coincided with Zlatan's dry spell too. Mkihi looks a threat all the time and has already chipped in with three classy goals since his emergence, but it's still mainly zlatan. Pogba is probably the next biggest threat behind him and he's very erratic. I still maintain Mata is the best finisher at the club and he's a threat......but we need more from Martial, Rashford, Rooney, herrera, Lingard and Fellaini when they start.

Stoke didn't play any worse today than they did against us. In fact, they showed more ambition. Liverpool were just too strong and clinical. As we should have been too.

Still, those games are gone now. We'll see how Costly they are come May, but at least we're taking our chances for now.

Unread 27-12-2016, 11:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Nothing wrong with what he's said there pal. We weren't really unlucky in those draws. We didn't take our chances. That's on us.

The draws coincided with Zlatan's dry spell too. Mkihi looks a threat all the time and has already chipped in with three classy goals since his emergence, but it's still mainly zlatan. Pogba is probably the next biggest threat behind him and he's very erratic. I still maintain Mata is the best finisher at the club and he's a threat......but we need more from Martial, Rashford, Rooney, herrera, Lingard and Fellaini when they start.

agree with that...Zlat was very frustrating during his dry spell but that's because we already rely on him far too much (what a signing btw)...think you could be in the minority on Hererra though, although we could defo do with goals from him that seems to have gone missing from his game although other aspects have definitely improved....Lingard was good at West Brom in patches (still came up with a truly awful miss though)....yesterday he was shite and should have been off at half-time

Unread 27-12-2016, 11:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Stoke didn't play any worse today than they did against us. In fact, they showed more ambition. Liverpool were just too strong and clinical. As we should have been too.

Still, those games are gone now. We'll see how Costly they are come May, but at least we're taking our chances for now.
Hopefully that won't be a terribly common occurrence.

Unread 28-12-2016, 12:33 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
agree with that...Zlat was very frustrating during his dry spell but that's because we already rely on him far too much (what a signing btw)...think you could be in the minority on Hererra though, although we could defo do with goals from him that seems to have gone missing from his game although other aspects have definitely improved....Lingard was good at West Brom in patches (still came up with a truly awful miss though)....yesterday he was shite and should have been off at half-time
I just mean in terms of goals. Herrera has been excellent this season. Less so him.

Lingard, Martial, Rooney and Rashford have 5 league goals between them. We need goal threats from elsewhere. They either get into good areas and finish erratically, don't get into dangerous areas enough or a combination of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hopefully that won't be a terribly common occurrence.
He'll play plenty. Once the EL and Carling Cup (whatever) return, he'll be back. Whether we like it or not, he's the first call back up and Michael Carrick is 35.

Unread 28-12-2016, 12:47 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Lingard, Martial, Rooney and Rashford have 5 league goals between them.

that is brutal tbh

Miky T has two league goals and has missed most of the league season ffs

Unread 28-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
that is brutal tbh

Well Rooney and Lingard are shit....Martial has been off form since his personal life went to pot and Rashford is very young still..

Unread 28-12-2016, 12:52 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
that is brutal tbh

Actually, I think it's 4.

Rooney. Bournemouth
Martial: Stoke
Lingard: none
Rashford: Hull, Leicester

Have I missed any?

Edit: Rashford score at Watford. We're back to 5. Hooray.

Unread 28-12-2016, 12:58 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Actually, I think it's 4.

Rooney. Bournemouth
Martial: Stoke
Lingard: none
Rashford: Hull, Leicester

Have I missed any?

Edit: Rashford score at Watford. We're back to 5. Hooray.

yeah cheers for that goal big rashers, turned out to be well vital

Unread 28-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

yeah cheers for that goal big rashers, turned out to be well vital
There's signs Martial is getting there. He's putting in a shift now at least and he looked more like his old self against West Ham in the cup. I'd like to see him start more on that left.

Rashford just looks low on confidence and very typical of a second season for one so young. He'll be fine. A goal going in off his arse would help though.

Unread 28-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
There's signs Martial is getting there. He's putting in a shift now at least and he looked more like his old self against West Ham in the cup. I'd like to see him start more on that left.

Rashford just looks low on confidence and very typical of a second season for one so young. He'll be fine. A goal going in off his arse would help though.
I hope it's just confidence because he's looked like a pub footballer at times when he's come on.

Unread 28-12-2016, 01:21 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

agreed on Martial thought he looked lively when he came on yesterday and defo sharper

really thought Rash would kick on especially after his winner at Hull but he's being played out of position and with Zlat's goal return you can't argue with that...really hope Jose lets Rashford and Martial play as the two strikers against Reading and rests Zlat...although I think Zlat could be rested at some stage over the weekend given we play two games in 48 hours

Unread 28-12-2016, 01:21 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I hope it's just confidence because he's looked like a pub footballer at times when he's come on.
It is. Because the stuff he's failing at is the stuff we know he can do. Running it into touch a lot. Classic case of heavy a touch and overreaching. He'll be fine. I'd like to see him start up front more though. Or at least come on up front. Zlatan barely gets subbed even if we're winning . We were 2-0 at West Brom and yesterday and I'd have thought they were ideal times to bring him off.

Unread 28-12-2016, 01:45 AM
puressence

Quote:

Is that Liverpool who the only team they failed to score against was ?????

Most of you may have not noticed. Sparky is £#%&!ing desperate beyond means for Utd to lose. Every game desperate this run is killing him he's £#%&!ing I'll with it , then the c**kney c*** has the Gaul to claim foty with a rigged sham of an awards ceremony. Absolute tool
Closed Thread