United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Calling somebody a giant £#%&!ing %@#$&! makes you as cool as Stoichkov
Tbh , his point about pheasants isbullshit anyway . Pheasants are often not shot cleanly , they are also shot for sport , the eating is incidental . Pheasants are bred simply so hooray Henrys can shoot a moving target , and in my experience , they shoot mostly badly . They are also sot with pellet not large calibre rifles which means they don't always die easily .

I don't go pheasant shooting .

Unread 02-04-2016, 07:48 PM
redhegemony

All about control and exerting power. Clearly has self esteem issues and is a grade A @#%&!. As are people who shoot pheasants or any animal for sport.

Unread 02-04-2016, 08:18 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I don't go pheasant shooting .
Usually get run over anyway. Utterly stupid things, surprised they don't peer down the barrel of the guns

Unread 02-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Child of Darkness

Yeah they are stunningly stupid birds tbf. How ever they mostly just get shot. Except Reg who lives in the little wood across from my house with his Hareem . He's a right cunning £#%&!er for a pheasant . One of his wives actually nested in my garden last year and was not spotted by the beast . Go Reg

Unread 02-04-2016, 08:30 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Yeah they are stunningly stupid birds tbf. How ever they mostly just get shot. Except Reg who lives in the little wood across from my house with his Hareem . He's a right cunning £#%&!er for a pheasant . One of his wives actually nested in my garden last year and was not spotted by the beast . Go Reg
Got one male thats been around here at least 3-4 years. No idea why the hell it is here, it just wanders about. Never seen it eat and wouldn't have thought this was the best place for food anyway although I'm not a pheasant dietician. Have never seen a female around either. Amazed he's lived as long as he has unless it's always his son with the baton being passed down to wander aimlessly around the garden and fields

Unread 02-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:
None of those animals are particularly rare tbh .

Wouldn't do it myself mind .
There are under 80k Giraffes left and the population is decreasing quite rapidly, so I think 'rare' is a fair description actually

Unread 02-04-2016, 08:51 PM
armchair

I worked with a guy went to vietnam or laos and various other shitholes in the area and he paid about 20 or 30 quid to shoot a cow with an lmg

and it was basically cqm. wasn't like he had a scope on it. under 50 meters. a skinny looking cow shot to pieces. Saw it on his mobile,

Shooting giraffes is what he's be doing if he was a professional footballer.

Unread 02-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Zorg

Cows eh? Tbf that must be a real challenge.

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:10 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Pit cows. Deadly they are.

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Zebra and bison maybe, but a giraffe just don't get it...

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:15 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Zebra and bison maybe, but a giraffe just don't get it...
Giraffes are cheeky bastards, mate. Got some neck on them.

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Giraffes are cheeky bastards, mate. Got some neck on them.
Going to level with you here, I like giraffes..

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Apparently in the Asian tsunami they were the smuggest animals going.

G-Raffe
Raffe
Riff

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:25 PM
irk

Quote:
Then you're dead to me.

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Venceremos

That is disgusting. I honestly thought horses stopped being hunted in the stone age.

Unread 02-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Grandadanne

Quote:
Benefits ? He will have paid a small fortune to have done that . That money will find its way into the local economy
%@#$&!s I`d pay double to see that magnificent Giraffe at peace in nature rather than lifeless at the feet of a 100% cretin.

Unread 02-04-2016, 11:06 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It is if you're a united player and you're trying to kill them with a banjo

Unread 03-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Jez Quigley

Have to agree with that tbh although I still think it's minimal money into the local economy.

It's sad that the way we are going, we will have so few animals left and we will just be a true cancer on the face of this planet.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if aliens did exist they'd intervene soon and apply some earth chemo. Heaven help the universe if we got off this planet.

Unread 03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
. Heaven help the universe if we got off this planet.
Don't worry jez.....not gonna happen

The aliens are safe

Unread 03-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Billy Redface

S2c Cod'ers having to defend himself by repeating the point over and over again.

Nobody is saying it's right, but the western perspective on these animals is ridiculously warped.

The lion wasn't called Cecil. Cecil is the name is 56 year old chartered accountant.

It was wonderfully summed up when, a few days after the Cecil shooting, people were up in arms again because they thought Cecil's brother (Nigel or Derek or something, I presume)

It turned out it was just some other lion that didn't have a quirky name. Phew! Thank God for that.

For the record, hunting 'easy' targets for sports just seems like a c***'s trick. Hard to see the sport or appeal in it other than the posing. It's a human compulsion to be part of something like that without putting the effort in. Shame something has to die for it in this case though.

Hunting for food, by someone who knows what they're doing is another matter though. There's a connection there with what you eat. People are going to eat meat, and that's one of the most humane ways to do it. We're ridiculously disconnected from our meat, eggs etc

The same people who freak out and wish death on people who do it (irony. Delightful) are largely the same people who don't want to know or see any part of any process of how meat is produced, but still want bacon for less than £2. And the arguments are often stupid and short-sighted. Thankfully, they haven't cropped up on here though.
Closed Thread