United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1
No. I mean players with character & a backbone. That rules out the above.
Ah, I see.

(Tommy Smith? Backbone? Not too sure about that)

Unread 21-03-2007, 09:56 AM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
yeah what did boateng do to rooney anyway? I was worried wayne would see red at that point.
Boateng pushed a ball boy over!

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:01 AM
thatsfuctit

< mrs merton mode on >

let's have a siege mentality!!

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Who says Ronnie was taking the piss? Some water carrier from a £#%&!ing bastion of Premiership mediocrity yet he's taken seriously. £#%&!'s sake it wasa blatant penalty which wouldn't even have been an issue had it been anyone but Ronnie. As for Morrison, when he kicked Ronnie, there was no piss taking occuring, Ronnie was just letting it run down the line for £#%&!s sake. If you're gonna play devils advocado tatty at least get yer facts straight. I noticed Rooney was time wasting down the other corner but not one of those Mackem wannabe shithouses had the balls to kick him.

Unread 21-03-2007, 10:44 AM
The Watcher

I love the way Ronnie winds up all these no mark @#%&!s. Long may it continue.

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Jack Duckworth

i love it now everyone hates us again

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:25 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Who says Ronnie was taking the piss? Some water carrier from a £#%&!ing bastion of Premiership mediocrity yet he's taken seriously. £#%&!'s sake it wasa blatant penalty which wouldn't even have been an issue had it been anyone but Ronnie. As for Morrison, when he kicked Ronnie, there was no piss taking occuring, Ronnie was just letting it run down the line for £#%&!s sake. If you're gonna play devils advocado tatty at least get yer facts straight. I noticed Rooney was time wasting down the other corner but not one of those Mackem wannabe shithouses had the balls to kick him.
1. Ronaldo does take the piss
2. I have no problem with him doing it but he will get launched for it
3. I have seen him dive and he does go down very easily
4. It was a penalty against Boro
5. Ronney doesn't do the piss taking step-overs
6. I'm not playing devils advocate
7. Don't shriek at me

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i love it now everyone hates us again
yeh hehe. its like the thing that happened with becks coming back from world cup andn getting blamed for englands faliures, cos their utd players, everyone is on their case all the time. so, lets be the most hated again.

let the @#%&!s be jealous, hate us, and boo him... £#%&! em all.

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:32 PM
HALman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside
yeh hehe. its like the thing that happened with becks coming back from world cup andn getting blamed for englands faliures, cos their utd players, everyone is on their case all the time. so, lets be the most hated again.
Besides which being disliked more than Chelsea will get right up Kenyon's nose.

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Tiberian

It is because of attitudes like that that England so rarely produce flair players. From the lowest levels players with any individuality or flair frowned upon, considered selfish, playing for themselves rather than the team.

It is all part of the same reasoning that means dirty hackers are considered heroes while anyway who goes down easily(anyone foreign at least) is a disgraceful cheat ruining the game. What is more honest about trying to break someones legs?

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
1. Ronaldo does take the piss
2. I have no problem with him doing it but he will get launched for it
3. I have seen him dive and he does go down very easily
4. It was a penalty against Boro
5. Ronney doesn't do the piss taking step-overs
6. I'm not playing devils advocate
7. Don't shriek at me
1. He wasn't taking the piss against Boro.
2. Doesn't justify it. and again he wasn't taking the piss.
3. He gets fouled more than any player than I've seen and raerly gets decisions.
4. Finally you're right.
5. Those step overs are not pisstaking, at least mostof the time, they are actually designed to get defenders off balance so he can go past them.
6. Yes you are. Well either that or you don't really like skill in a player.
7. I'm not shrieking, I'm just making my point forcefully you baby.

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I love the way Ronnie winds up all these no mark @#%&!s. Long may it continue.
My thoughts exactly.

Cantona, Beckham, Keane etc ad nauseum with much amusement for us.

George £#%&!ing Boateng.Great player.

Unread 21-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ronaldo has been getting kicked from pillar to post since 2003, and I can only remember Porto managing to kick him out of a match (think there was one other as well but...............)

The press write all this shit for their brain-dead drongo audiences. The TV comms/talking heads keep it moving.

Why anyone buys it is beyond me. It's certainly not "to see what they've written" though, cus everyone already knows what they've written. Stop paying them to write and talk it and they might just change the £#%&!in record, eh

Unread 21-03-2007, 01:00 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
1. He wasn't taking the piss against Boro.
2. Doesn't justify it. and again he wasn't taking the piss.
3. He gets fouled more than any player than I've seen and raerly gets decisions
4. Finally you're right.
5. Those step overs are not pisstaking, at least mostof the time, they are actually designed to get defenders off balance so he can go past them.
6. Yes you are. Well either that or you don't really like skill in a player.
7. I'm not shrieking, I'm just making my point forcefully you baby.

1. Any neutral would say he was taking the piss
2. He does take the piss
3. 'rarely gets decisions'...???????
4. yes I am
5. most of the time except the times he's taking the piss
6. Ronaldo is a great player but i'm not so one-eyed that I can't see what other non-United fans see
7. ok

Just to make clear i'm not slagging Ronaldo off as a player but just because i'm a red it doesn't mean I can't see the faults in the lad and why he's hated around the country (and this was before the wc).

Unread 21-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Sparky***

Anyone else think it was ironic that the first person over to Morrison was Rooney?

Remember United v Everton at Old Trafford in 03/04? I seem to remember a certain Mr Rooney chopping a certain Mr Ronaldo in half in much the same way.

Unread 21-03-2007, 01:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
1. Any neutral would say he was taking the piss
2. He does take the piss
3. 'rarely gets decisions'...???????
4. yes I am
5. most of the time except the times he's taking the piss
6. Ronaldo is a great player but i'm not so one-eyed that I can't see what other non-United fans see
7. ok

Just to make clear i'm not slagging Ronaldo off as a player but just because i'm a red it doesn't mean I can't see the faults in the lad and why he's hated around the country (and this was before the wc).
1. At what point was he? 'Cos when he got kicked into touch he was just letting the ball run down the line shielding it slightly.
2. Not that much these days, he's far too busy smashing teams.
3. He got kicked 9 times i the away leg at 'boro and got £#%&! all.
4. OK.
5. So he' takes the piss a few times, he wasn't against Boro so why was it justified?
6. That's Devils advocado you are playing right there.
7. Good

Btw, there are 3 reasons he's actually hated around this country and they were the same for Cantona. He's foreign, he's class and he plays for United. Boateng's just making excuses for what was a disgusting assault on possibly the worlds best player.

Unread 21-03-2007, 01:09 PM
tatty

We're going round in circles antonin and all I can say to summarise is that if Ronaldo played for anyone else i'd loathe him and would be egging my players to dispatch him in to the stand.

I suspect that most reds would quietly agree even if they don't express the opinion.

Unread 21-03-2007, 01:12 PM
The Watcher

The reason the Lad is hated is jealousy, pure and simple. Opposition fans are jealous of United, the football we play and the great players we have. If Ronnie played for arsenal, he'd get half the stick and double the hype!

It'll give me immense pleasure to see Ronaldo lift the Premiership trophy for United at the end of the season. Hopefully, he'll put the crown on too, just like Eric

Unread 21-03-2007, 01:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We're going round in circles antonin and all I can to summarise is that if Ronaldo played for anyone else i'd loathe him and would be egging my players to dispatch him in to the stand.

I suspect that most reds would quietly agree even if they don't express the opinion.

Really? Not me I'm afraid. No fan of Henry's smugness or hissilly dances but I prefer us to defend well against him rather than act like a @#%&! and get sent off. Same goes for most classplayerswecomeup against. Seem to remember Ronaldo destroying us at OT with a hat-trick and getting a standing ovation.

Unread 21-03-2007, 01:22 PM
The Mask

is he was playing in spain and had never come to england in the first place every @#%&! would be waxing lyrical. if ronaldinho took the piss when barca were beating us near the end of the game, i wouldn't begrudge him that. Wouldn't mind if he did get clattered into the stands but what kind of @#%&! would call it disrespectful for trying to keep posession?
Closed Thread