United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Lazarus

Default So..I'm thinking this Chelsea Vs United being moved is good shit

If things follow the current the status quo we'll be pretty much champions elect on goal difference.

Chelsea play Arsenal away the Saturday before us - ironically,I could see them going there and winning more easily if they've just tonked us.

They also have West Ham,Newcastle away as well and I can see a very angry Spurs fighting tooth and nail to take something off them at SB.

Obviously we've got a similar scenario with broken nose's boro @#%&!s (what a shame we can't relegate this club,horrible fans,area,players,stewards,staff) and City away is not going to be a walk in the park ; they won't play like they did against Chelsea.

Anyway,I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm getting the butterflies already and my bum is only moderately squeaky.

It's a good ime to be a united fan.

Unread 20-03-2007, 09:51 PM
wee man

If......

Unread 20-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
If......
Exactly. I can see Chelsea dropping points

Unread 20-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Spiffy

This postponement suits us more than Chelsea.

Unread 20-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Lazarus

Will Chelsea form a guard of honour ?

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:01 PM
MUFC One Love

Chelsea needed to play us next month.

We'll be champions by the time we go there.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:02 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
< Kevin Keegan Mode on >

I'd love it, love it

and all the player hand fat frank a pie as they walk past.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Yes.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:07 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Yes.

will @#%&!ly Pete be in it?

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:15 PM
jem

in some ways, but if we went there early and won, we could kick back and relax in the league, saving ourselves for the other two legs of the treble.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:18 PM
celtbion

I think they've been remarkably lucky with their fixture list since they lost to Liverpool at home. No way they'd have got away with Essien in central defence against an Arsenal, Utd, a Fulham or a Bolton.

I think there's no hope they'll get a win at the Emirates and that fixture list will probably mean they drop at least another two points somewhere. Then they're left looking for favours and relying on beating us - something I'm increasingly not sure they'll do.

What we really need is for them to drop points soon and then they'll have to be tempted into focusing on the cups. I'd nearly concede them a hollow treble if we get our hands on the league.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
I'd nearly concede them a hollow treble if we get our hands on the league.
Now we're in The FA Cup semi, no way! I want The Double

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:22 PM
MUFC One Love

We'll win the league and cup double.

Have faith.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:23 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Now we're in The FA Cup semi, no way! I want The Double
If Chelsea make the CL final and are playing us the week beforehand?

Hmm, how about sticking Gaby and Wes Brown in centre mid to "mark" Lampard for the last 10 minutes?

Heh heh.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
in some ways, but if we went there early and won, we could kick back and relax in the league, saving ourselves for the other two legs of the treble.
Yes..If we'd won it's all over and we can all relax and go home.

I think this is the safe option because going there and getting beaten at the stage of the season it was scheduled could have really set them up to storm through their remaining fixtures on a surge of newfound belief and us to start wobbling,badly.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:26 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
If Chelsea make the CL final and are playing us the week beforehand?

Hmm, how about sticking Gaby and Wes Brown in centre mid to "mark" Lampard for the last 10 minutes?

Heh heh.
Ah yes, injure a few of the @#%&!s a week before playing them again in Athens

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:29 PM
MUFC One Love

I think Valencia will knock both Chelsea and Liverpool out of the European Cup, we'll go out in the Semi's if not against Roma. We'll win the League and Cup double, Chelsea will have a Carling cup.

Well, it's what I think anyway.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:32 PM
celtbion

There's going to be no treble. Come off it lads, don't be greedy. This team is some way off the quality of our treble winning side and I don't think the general standard has dropped off quite enough for us to get away with this weak-ish squad.

I think we'll lose at the Bridge but win the league anyway. If we catch Chelsea with them having one eye on a CL final, I think there's a reasonable chance we could get revenge for the league fixture at Wembley. That would be a fantastic season and we should be grateful because there's been no sign that this side is up to much in head to heads with the very best sides this year.

Fantastically consistent and capable of reaching a standard of football Chelsea can only dream about but we aren't capable of outbattling them in the critical games just now.

Give it a few years and we'll have Evans, Pique, Gibson, Foster and Rossi in train, maybe even pick up a bargain in the Chelsea fire sale. The big glories and the best football are still ahead for the core of this team.

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:35 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Ah yes, injure a few of the @#%&!s a week before playing them again in Athens

The only concern I have (expressed above essentially) is when I was trying to think of guys who could "mix it" with the Chelsea muscle bound bozos, I was struggling.

Ronaldo maybe?! O'Shea if we fueled him up on coke beforehand and starved him for 48 hours?

Unread 20-03-2007, 10:38 PM
MUFC One Love

At the moment we have the best player in the world in our side.

We're doing all this with another fantastic talent struggling. Just shows how good we're doing. I fear for our future though, I must say. I can't see many of the youngsters coming through, hopefully Gibson is given a chance, but once Giggs and Scholes are gone I can't see many replacements, tbh. We'll need major surgery on the side, and quite simply, we don't have the funds.
Closed Thread