United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Ethers

If you extend that point to its logical conclusion, then we should feel the same way about someone killing a lion as we should about someone @#%&!ting a wasp with a rolled-up newspaper. Which is patently ridiculous.

Unread 03-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Pop

My mam burned a wasp to death that landed on the cooker once.

I didn't talk to her for hours.

Seething I was.

Unread 03-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
If you extend that point to its logical conclusion, then we should feel the same way about someone killing a lion as we should about someone @#%&!ting a wasp with a rolled-up newspaper. Which is patently ridiculous.

Yeah, but. ....it's a wasp eeuuuuuuuuuw!

Unread 03-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I always join in with the "we hate humans"chant at FC

Unread 03-04-2016, 09:03 AM
sudored

Id rather be shot than ripped apart by a lion lucky escape for them i say.

Unread 03-04-2016, 09:53 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudored
Id rather be shot than ripped apart by a lion lucky escape for them i say.
I'd much rather tell people I was killed by a lion. Also I imagine that the adrenalin rush would mean it doesn't hurt anyway

Unread 03-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
S2c Cod'ers having to defend himself by repeating the point over and over again.

Nobody is saying it's right, but the western perspective on these animals is ridiculously warped.

The lion wasn't called Cecil. Cecil is the name is 56 year old chartered accountant.

It was wonderfully summed up when, a few days after the Cecil shooting, people were up in arms again because they thought Cecil's brother (Nigel or Derek or something, I presume)

It turned out it was just some other lion that didn't have a quirky name. Phew! Thank God for that.

For the record, hunting 'easy' targets for sports just seems like a c***'s trick. Hard to see the sport or appeal in it other than the posing. It's a human compulsion to be part of something like that without putting the effort in. Shame something has to die for it in this case though.

Hunting for food, by someone who knows what they're doing is another matter though. There's a connection there with what you eat. People are going to eat meat, and that's one of the most humane ways to do it. We're ridiculously disconnected from our meat, eggs etc

The same people who freak out and wish death on people who do it (irony. Delightful) are largely the same people who don't want to know or see any part of any process of how meat is produced, but still want bacon for less than £2. And the arguments are often stupid and short-sighted. Thankfully, they haven't cropped up on here though.
Anyone buying bacon for £2 deserves mauling...

Unread 03-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Anyone buying bacon for £2 deserves mauling...

Unread 03-04-2016, 12:53 PM
guerreiro

Quite impressed with CoD defending shooting endangered animals, takes some cojones. Mind, he is certainly a survivalist lunatic also.

Unread 03-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Quite impressed with CoD defending shooting endangered animals, takes some cojones. Mind, he is certainly a survivalist lunatic also.
Don't come running to my house when the Ebola/zombie/peak oil/outbreak happens

Actually .....do..........Long pig
Closed Thread