United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2022, 07:53 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Zamorano was a massive handful, shows how good the utd defence was at the time.

Unread 11-11-2022, 07:56 AM
windy waffles

One of Fergie's biggest mistakes getting rid. Was just £#%&!ing odd. So he called Gary Neville a busy @#%&!? He was bang on...

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:30 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
One of Fergie's biggest mistakes getting rid. Was just £#%&!ing odd. So he called Gary Neville a busy @#%&!? He was bang on...
Can only think it was something massively personal, the way it happened so quickly as well, it was bizarre, selling one the best defenders in the world more or less overnight Never seen a better defensive partnership than him and Rio anywhere, ever.

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:33 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Can only think it was something massively personal, the way it happened so quickly as well, it was bizarre, selling one the best defenders in the world more or less overnight Never seen a better defensive partnership than him and Rio anywhere, ever.
Are you being hypothetical?

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:47 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Are you being hypothetical?
Don't understand the question

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:48 AM
AK14

Quote:
Wasn’t it the book he released or something to do with a positive nandrolone test, or did that come later in his career?

Fergie said it was because he’d struggled with an Achilles injury and both he and McClaren thought he’d lost speed and was on his way out… he’s since admitted it was a mistake to sell him.

Also Rio came after Jaap.

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:53 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wasn’t it the book he released or something to do with a positive nandrolone test, or did that come later in his career?

Fergie said it was because he’d struggled with an Achilles injury and both he and McClaren thought he’d lost speed and was on his way out… he’s since admitted it was a mistake to sell him.

Also Rio came after Jaap.
Were they on ket? £#%&!ing McClaren

Unread 11-11-2022, 08:57 AM
Patty_b

I think Trippers is confusing Stam with Vidic. Personally I love them both equally, although I wouldn't get them mixed up.

Stam though. Absolutely £#%&!ing insane the way he left the club. But it was the way Fergie ran the squad. Sometimes it worked, sometimes he ended up looking like a @#%&!. With Stam he ended up looking like a @#%&!, but at least he admitted he £#%&!ed up.

What could've been though...

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Never seen a better defensive partnership than him and Rio anywhere, ever.
They were excellent in that Forest game.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:50 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I read it was because the stats came in and were saying that JS was making fewer tackles or something.

Turned out - a complete misreading of stats. He was intercepting more and his positional awareness was improving so he didn't have to make as many tackles.

an immense defender.

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:51 AM
Stickman

The Stam sale was an absolute sickener, all transpired on a Sunday morning did it not?

He had a torrid start to that season from memory being a fault for Owens goal in the charity shield and getting rinsed by Saha in the opening match of the season. Sure he had a couple more poorish games then that was him.

It hurt when we played Milan in 04-05 and he was absolutely brilliant

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:52 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I'm pretty sure I read it was because the stats came in and were saying that JS was making fewer tackles or something.

Turned out - a complete misreading of stats. He was intercepting more and his positional awareness was improving so he didn't have to make as many tackles.

an immense defender.
Paolo Maldini once said "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake".

Unread 11-11-2022, 09:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Paolo Maldini once said "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake".
yeah I heard him nicking another one of my catchphrases too.

Unread 11-11-2022, 10:04 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Don't understand the question
They never played together

Unread 11-11-2022, 10:12 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 11-11-2022, 10:15 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

"If we're facing in the right direction, all we've gotta do is keep on walking"

Unread 11-11-2022, 10:20 AM
Stickman

Is that a philosopher?

nods

which?

Des’ree

Unread 11-11-2022, 10:21 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Never seen a better defensive partnership than him and Rio anywhere, ever.

Thought fergie got wind he was on the juice ?

Unread 11-11-2022, 11:09 AM
dunk

Saha utterly ruined him first game of the season and Fergie decided he’d lost a bit after the Achilles injury and binned him. Half of the @#%&!s in the squad would’ve been binned by Fergie a week into their United career’s tbf. Was a bit of book balancing going on after buying Ruud an Veron too imo.

Did spend a fair bit of his career from then on at RB IIRC for Milan, so maybe he called it right? Then there was the Nandralone ban that occurred so soon after his departure..

Unread 11-11-2022, 11:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Saha utterly ruined him first game of the season and Fergie decided he’d lost a bit after the Achilles injury and binned him. Half of the @#%&!s in the squad would’ve been binned by Fergie a week into their United career’s tbf. Was a bit of book balancing going on after buying Ruud an Veron too imo.

Did spend a fair bit of his career from then on at RB IIRC for Milan, so maybe he called it right? Then there was the Nandralone ban that occurred so soon after his departure..
Hasn’t Fergie gone record as saying he made a mistake selling him?
Closed Thread