United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:07 PM
marlo

I hate to say i told you so.

this was always on the cards. He is shit!

“the magnificent bastard”

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:09 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Tbf I don't think anybody expected his form to decline as fast as it has - its as if he has fallen off the proverbial cliff this campaign.
The data from last season told the whole story. Some just are opposed to following the data, or more tragically cannot wrap their minds around it. The holistic view is no longer arguable.

Reinvestment of his salary into a genuine forward player will be transformative.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Problem is that once you get to 30 there’s always the chance you turn to shit overnight. Lose a yard or so off pace, pick up an injury or 2 etc. it doesn’t take much to change your game and you’re a shadow of the player. That’s why signing players that age is stupid.
Let’s be real. They only signed him because Man City were going in for him.

Our scouts, recruitment, Arnold murtough etc is a clown show.

Even this summer, one of our better players came after they chased de jong to 96%, then went after Rabiot, got lucky his mother was a greedy shit and then finally got Casemiro . The transfers are all over the place.

Our last few strikers we have signed , Ronaldo , cavani, lukaku, Ibrahimovic , ighalo…. Lukaku was the only player under 30. The recruitment shafts us.

Vedder

He was the magnificent bastard he needs dropping completely, Ten Hag has made him captain

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:10 PM
Dr Stranger

I’m amazed he’s started four games on the spin. We’ve looked poorer with him in the team, like we have at every point this season. Players defer to him when they shouldn’t and he won’t accept his own limitations. He’s always been a greedy bastard, but you forgive it when he produces. He isn’t anymore.

It is what it is, he’s 37.

Once we have more forwards available, he should be appearing sporadically at best.

The second he said he wanted to leave in the summer, he should have been sold.

ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He was the magnificent bastard he needs dropping completely, Ten Hag has made him captain
ETH had played ostracising him very well this season given the club clearly couldn't shift him in the summer. His return to the fold and this captain business has the hallmarks of ETH being leant on by somebody.

Dr Stranger

Quote:
He captained the team for a day. When two other players were out. Means nothing.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is he finished at this level? Yes. Should he be moved on in January? Yes. Is he our biggest problem? Is he £#%&!, we create £#%&! all in terms of real chances, just possession and pot shots.

We’ve looked no better without him and it’s hardly his fault he’s the only striker we’ve got who can stay fit,

I’ll be glad to see the back of him just so I don’t have to read or listen to the shite about him that comes out every week,

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:11 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He captained the team for a day. When two other players were out. Means nothing.
So he’s gone from being dropped from the squad for being a shit team mate to being made captain? Can you not see a problem there?

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Armband should have gone to a player who hasn’t shown insolence and who hasn’t undermined the team. It was a poor call from ETH imo.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
So he’s gone from being dropped from the squad for being a shit team mate to being made captain? Can you not see a problem there?
Not really, no. He was dropped for a disciplinary issue and served his time. As I said, means nothing. He likely won’t captain the side again before he leaves.

I’m more interested in his inclusion in the team at all, really.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Not really, no. He was dropped for a disciplinary issue and served his time. As I said, means nothing. He likely won’t captain the side again before he leaves.

I’m more interested in his inclusion in the team at all, really.
It’s the standard and principal . It will have no real affect on the match but you can’t give a guy the captain he has refused to play and left early twice.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:17 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Armband should have gone to a player who hasn’t shown insolence and who hasn’t undermined the team. It was a poor call from ETH imo.
Terrible decision. Ronaldo should have been dropped to the reserves for what he did, not given the captain’s armband. And how’s it worked out? Chinned by Aston Villa.

He’s a huge problem at the club, and needs binning off asap.

TH called this match totally wrong today, from team selection on. Same as he did against city. Every day’s a school day…

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s the standard and principal . It will have no real affect on the match but you can’t give a guy the captain he has refused to play and left early twice.
Apparently you can. ETH clearly has no issue with it. Frankly, I don’t really give a shit who played captain for the day in dreadful performance like that.

Give it to DDG, Lindelof, Eriksen, Martinez, Rashford or Shaw and the same things happen.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:20 PM
Sapien

Shockingly bad today.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:22 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Apparently you can. ETH clearly has no issue with it. Frankly, I don’t really give a shit who played captain for the day in dreadful performance like that.

Give it to DDG, Lindelof, Eriksen, Martinez, Rashford or Shaw and the same things happen.
Dressing room standard. You can’t set standards when a player like Ronaldo has done what he did. Again it’s not a big thing on the match himself, but it’s about discipline and control off the field.

He played Shit, he has been finished since the summer despite what his mates who get a handshake and hug during to warm up say.

We have no other option to play him , maybe martial comes back now .

He himself wanted to leave and I think ETH doesn’t even want him. However he was most likely told you’re not getting a replacement in the summer and now he’s stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Dressing room standard. You can’t set standards when a player like Ronaldo has done what he did. Again it’s not a big thing on the match himself, but it’s about discipline and control off the field.

He played Shit, he has been finished since the summer despite what his mates who get a handshake and hug during to warm up say.

We have no other option to play him , maybe martial comes back now .

He himself wanted to leave and I think ETH doesn’t even want him. However he was most likely told you’re not getting a replacement in the summer and now he’s stuck with him for the foreseeable future.
I don’t question ETH’s standards one bit. I think that’s been a clear feature of his management so far. Simply, I trust him on this one.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:28 PM
Joe Biden

The bloke is leaving in January is there any need for threads like this? Let's worry about the @#%&!s who will still be here the likes of beek rashford and elanga.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:32 PM
armchair

Lukaku was never this bad.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
The bloke is leaving in January is there any need for threads like this? Let's worry about the @#%&!s who will still be here the likes of beek rashford and elanga.
I don’t think he’ll be going anywhere unless we terminate his contract, which won’t happen. We couldn’t sell him in the summer and his stock has dropped further since then.

We’re stuck with him until the summer. I still think he could be useful as an impact sub or starting at home occasionally against teams who sit back, but he shouldn’t be starting regularly if Martial and others are available.
Closed Thread