United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:44 PM
NedKelly

Default Ronaldo OUT - the campaign starts now

He needs to go. Slows us down in attack, can’t even finish the chances he does get anymore, shown an awful attitude when he’s been (rightly) used sparingly. He’s done nothing to justify his starting place and we are suffering for it.

I find it remarkable that he was given the armband today considering his insolence only a few weeks ago.

Can we get rid of him in January? What can we do to get this chancer out of our club?

Reminds me of Isildur from the Lord of the Rings. At one point he was the guy that took the evil down - he won us wars and was magnificent. Now he bears the ring, and it has corrupted him.

“You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”

Ronaldo has become the villain.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:47 PM
jem

the campaign has been in full swing for a long time.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:48 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
…and led by Ronaldo

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:48 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He needs to go. Slows us down in attack, can’t even finish the chances he does get anymore, shown an awful attitude when he’s been (rightly) used sparingly. He’s done nothing to justify his starting place and we are suffering for it.

I find it remarkable that he was given the armband today considering his insolence only a few weeks ago.

Can we get rid of him in January? What can we do to get this chancer out of our club?

Reminds me of Isildur from the Lord of the Rings. At one point he was the guy that took the evil down - he won us wars and was magnificent. Now he bears the ring, and it has corrupted him.

“You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”

Ronaldo has become the villain.
You've got some cheek after your performance in the summer.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
But now I’ll unite us all.

Will anyone take him on with the wages he’s on? Can we agree to pay half his wages somewhere else? Just to get him out of the squad.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:49 PM
believe

Is he finished at this level? Yes. Should he be moved on in January? Yes. Is he our biggest problem? Is he £#%&!, we create £#%&! all in terms of real chances, just possession and pot shots.

We’ve looked no better without him and it’s hardly his fault he’s the only striker we’ve got who can stay fit,

I’ll be glad to see the back of him just so I don’t have to read or listen to the shite about him that comes out every week,

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:50 PM
92ToBury

Yep, feels very much like Gary Neville's last season with us.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
You've got some cheek after your performance in the summer.
My performances were clinical - the opposite of Ronaldo.

This isn’t a thread about me. This is a thread about getting the poison out of our cherished club.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:51 PM
dunk

I recall being roundly mocked for saying we should tear up his contract and let him go in June/July..

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is he finished at this level? Yes. Should he be moved on in January? Yes. Is he our biggest problem? Is he £#%&!, we create £#%&! all in terms of real chances, just possession and pot shots.

We’ve looked no better without him and it’s hardly his fault he’s the only striker we’ve got who can stay fit,

I’ll be glad to see the back of him just so I don’t have to read or listen to the shite about him that comes out every week,
That’s just not true, sadly.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
This. Tolerated him last season but it was fairly obvious he was counterproductive to how we needed to play.

Remember being quite lambasted whenever I mentioned it.

How the turntables.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

For me, it was him being given the armband today that pushed me over the edge. How’s he got his hands on that? He’s shown a terrible attitude this season, undermined the club even before the season started and I’d argue Casemiro should have been given it for the game today. Maybe even Eriksen.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:55 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Is he finished at this level? Yes. Should he be moved on in January? Yes. Is he our biggest problem? Is he f***, we create f*** all in terms of real chances, just possession and pot shots.

Not true. Check the pts with / without.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I recall being roundly mocked for saying we should tear up his contract and let him go in June/July..
Mainly Joe Biden to be fair. Saying that, Bunks Ned and bellers seemed to take it very personally whenever Ronnie was criticised.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:57 PM
red in cumbria

Tbf I don't think anybody expected his form to decline as fast as it has - its as if he has fallen off the proverbial cliff this campaign.

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Mainly Joe Biden to be fair. Saying that, Bunks Ned and bellers seemed to take it very personally whenever Ronnie was criticised.
check user cp

Unread 06-11-2022, 04:59 PM
windy waffles

Was like playing with nine men with him today (and VDB).

Terrible.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Tbf I don't think anybody expected his form to decline as fast as it has - its as if he has fallen off the proverbial cliff this campaign.
this just isn't true. he wasn't great last season and it was clear that he completely £#%&!s up everyone else's game even when he is scoring the kind of goals on a plate like the header he missed today.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this just isn't true. he wasn't great last season and it was clear that he completely £#%&!s up everyone else's game even when he is scoring the kind of goals on a plate like the header he missed today.
Correct, but his displays now are some way below "not great".

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Problem is that once you get to 30 there’s always the chance you turn to shit overnight. Lose a yard or so of pace, pick up an injury or 2 etc. it doesn’t take much to change your game and you’re a shadow of the player. That’s why signing players that age is stupid.

Unread 06-11-2022, 05:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Of course he’s a big problem. It’s not just we don’t create without him. The striker position leads from the front.

The press comes from it, the movement to run into channels and stretches the defence comes from it. Holding up the ball comes from it. He offers nothing .

Maybe not today but he regularly gets chances in games he should score and doesn’t. He then throws his hands up and gets annoyed at himself. It usually happens in the games he plays. Today he just didn’t even get the chances
Closed Thread